Danny Weidler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Weidler

I have a feeling Danny Weidler is stirring theLatrell Mitchell South Sydney pot.
    As far as it seems Latrell is happy at the Roosters but Weidler's agenda seems to refute this.
    What do the Chookpen think ?

I don't know. but weidler is a journalist, and 'latrell to souffs?' will generate more clicks on articles than 'latrell happy at bondi' so he'd have a reason to go for the more sensationalist article

Comment

Weidler has always had a good relationship with our club and it seemed whenever we were happy to leak something or give an exclusive he would be front and center but that seems to have stopped over the past few seasons.

I wonder if the real truth is that his working relationship with our club has deteriorated and he is on the outer.

All his articles lack specifics, they're very general comments about obscure topics such as managers, family, relationships outside of the game. He posted on Twitter today that he thinks Latrell will stay.

His lack of substance and consistency on the story comes across as someone who is trying to manufacture some friction. I wonder if he's not projecting some of his own bitterness towards the club though his stories on Latrell Mitchell.

Comment

Poorly timed article. Written and submitted before last night’s 10/10 performance
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I personally think Latrell loves all this theatre right now anyway, if the rumours are playing on his mind it's definitely not effecting him on field. Hell when he kicked for Keary I don't think he saw him score he just ran to the crowd Lol.
          He's loving his club and footy right now.

Comment

Weidler is just doing his job and sometimes that means flirting with possibilities to sell a story. He is normally very fair when reporting about the Roosters

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
              I personally think Latrell loves all this theatre right now anyway, if the rumours are playing on his mind it's definitely not effecting him on field. Hell when he kicked for Keary I don't think he saw him score he just ran to the crowd Lol.
              He's loving his club and footy right now.
              Thumped his chest over his heart (near the badge) when he scored as well.
              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Lattrell definitely wanted to make a statement last night and give the talkers something else to focus on.

He hasn't made those little.extra efforts in dee consistently before, and even spoke post match that he wanted to do more in doing the unglamorous hard yard hit ups out of trouble.

He is in a great headspace. Credit to Robbo too.
                To our fans we tell you
                If you have not been told
                We play this game for all of us
                We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

Like Gus Gould, Weidler's one of those guys who is smart but sometimes likes to push an agenda and is not averse to a bit of drama. He lived in a block of flats where an old gf lived and he's alright.

Comment

I know for a fact that plenty of players (not roosters specifically) absolutely hate weidler because of his tendency to publish his "facts".
                    Last edited by Moose; 05-05-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Whats the go with Shaq thou? Have we treated him badly?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                        Whats the go with Shaq thou? Have we treated him badly?
                        weidler says we have, when in reality he was over weight, struggled to keep it down, then tried to to something with the nfl, got injured, then kinda gave up the NRL dream and roosters helped him get a job he wanted. he states this in his article after saying we treated him badly which is a bit of a laugh

Comment

Weidler is a gossip columnist not a journo

Comment

Weidler should write for Woman's Weekly. Garbage gutter rubbish journalist.

You get more scoops on here than you get from this weed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                              Weidler has always had a good relationship with our club and it seemed whenever we were happy to leak something or give an exclusive he would be front and center but that seems to have stopped over the past few seasons.

I wonder if the real truth is that his working relationship with our club has deteriorated and he is on the outer.

All his articles lack specifics, they're very general comments about obscure topics such as managers, family, relationships outside of the game. He posted on Twitter today that he thinks Latrell will stay.

His lack of substance and consistency on the story comes across as someone who is trying to manufacture some friction. I wonder if he's not projecting some of his own bitterness towards the club though his stories on Latrell Mitchell.
                              Agree. He was def pro Easts for years than all of a sudden seemed to cosy up to Souths in the last few years

Comment

Working...
                              X