X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears vs Wests today

On 9Gem for those interested at 1.10pm.

It's the Jason Taylor Cup at Bear Park.

Lam, Farmersilly, Curran and Verrils should all be playing.

Correction no Farmer must still be crook, but Egan Butcher gets a run.

Comment

Thanks Jack, Pearce off Gibbson....
      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Wet greasy conditions........
        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Anyone got a team list? Wtf packer playing reserves?
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Packer dint miss Curran. Taking his frustration out on our players. Cowardly
            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Gritty win to the Bears in the end. Some awful refereeing stymied the game.

Josh Curran my motm but Lachie got it on tv. Brad Deitz, Keiran Moss and the prop Tuivati ( I think) also stood out.

And a nice first hit out for baby face Butcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                Gritty win to the Bears in the end. Some awful refereeing stymied the game.

Josh Curran my motm but Lachie got it on tv. Brad Deitz, Keiran Moss and the prop Tuivati ( I think) also stood out.

And a nice first hit out for baby face Butcher.
                Deitz played well again.
                Not sure how many spots we've got left before the cut off period but, given Friend will be out for some time Deitz would do well at NRL level.

Comment

Packer is very average, he has certainly fallen.

Curran, Lam, Lamb, Deitz were all very good.
                  If they get Farmer, Hall, Smith, Bmoz and Collins into that squad they will win that comp too.

Comment

Since Cleary got off the bus, Packer has resorted too his old ways

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Deitz played well again.
                      Not sure how many spots we've got left before the cut off period but, given Friend will be out for some time Deitz would do well at NRL level.
                      I've been impressed from what I've seen.

He's 24 so he's not a young kid. I like players that debut when in their mid 20s.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post

He's 24 so he's not a young kid. I like players that debut when in their mid 20s.
                        That used to be the norm, when the comp consisted of U23's, Reggies and 1st grade. Only the elite group played 1st grade before their early 20's, most went through the stages and had no more than about 5 years in the top grade, as playing beyond 30 was pretty rare back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post

Poor bloke was killing it for us in the 20's about 5 years ago (debut season) then suffered a nasty injury. He went to Cronulla and played lower grades and then Souths.
                          Hopefully Brad's injuries are behind him and as you say, he kicks on in his mid 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Poor bloke was killing it for us in the 20's about 5 years ago (debut season) then suffered a nasty injury. He went to Cronulla and played lower grades and then Souths.
                            Hopefully Brad's injuries are behind him and as you say, he kicks on in his mid 20s.
                            Any thoughts on why Robbo seems to be dodging him Gman?

I even thought JT might have gave him an average rap so he could keep him !

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Any thoughts on why Robbo seems to be dodging him Gman?

I even thought JT might have gave him an average rap so he could keep him !
                              No idea Jack.
                              Kingbilly might know. Deitz senior coached Roosters Matts or SG Ball some time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X