The club should pay......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post

I want him to stay but 10yr deals concern me, 5 yes, just out of intrest is there a player in any code that has seen out a 10yr deal?
    I agree though we must pull out nearly all stops to keep him, he's a one in 20yrs player.
    How far in is buddy franklin into his 10yr deal, 5 or 6 years? Don’t think that will go the distance.

Has there been another 10 yr deal other than taumalolos in the NRL?

DCE is an 8yr deal,
    not sure how often Thurston,Lockyer,Smith,and slater negotiated their deals for.
    Last edited by milanja; 05-05-2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
      Whatever it costs to keep Mitchell. The guy is a matchwinner, even if it means getting rid of 2 players to accommodate him, he is that good. Possibly the best player we've ever had, Artie included.
      At 5/8 thou?
      He will be the best left centre if he stays there.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Tom Brady has been taking unders for years at the patriots, so the rest of the roster could be strong and guarantee success.
        Can't we get a third party sponsor for Lats?

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

+1. If Tedesco the preferred fullback and Mitchell doesn't cut it as a 5/8th, then it would be insane to pay Mitchell twice the price of any other centre in the game. We are better off investing that money in replacements for Cronk and Friend.

Push came to shove, I'd take Latrell over Teddy.

Who knows what he can be?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Can't we get a third party sponsor for Lats?
            As far as I understand TPAs the club cannot offer or guarantee them, however they can point to a potential business that’s willing to top up the pay of a player to keep him at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

Push came to shove, I'd take Latrell over Teddy.

Who knows what he can be?

IMO no coincidence that Slater, Teddy, and RTS are all quick off the mark and can change direction on a dime. From that perspective I can't see Mitchell being a better fullback than Teddy and I doubt Roosters would punt on it.

Mitchell didn't go too well at 5/8th either. The more I think about it the more I think the odds are he is gone. A few people on here will have their dummy spit but don't realise they will be having an even bigger dummy spit if we end up with a dud 5/8th and hooker to accommodate Mitchell.

Comment

Two comments:

1) Latrell is good for business. Any sponsor worth its salt would kill to have a megastar like him associated with its brand. He will attract fans and help us fill that new stadium in a couple of years.

2) Darius Boyd is earning $800,000 for the next 3 years. Compared to him, Latrell should be paid $4.3 million per year.

Comment

IMO no coincidence that Slater, Teddy, and RTS are all quick off the mark and can change direction on a dime. From that perspective I can't see Mitchell being a better fullback than Teddy and I doubt Roosters would punt on it.

Mitchell didn't go too well at 5/8th either. The more I think about it the more I think the odds are he is gone. A few people on here will have their dummy spit but don't realise they will be having an even bigger dummy spit if we end up with a dud 5/8th and hooker to accommodate Mitchell.
                  Yeah he went terrible at 6. Was it 2 games for 2 wins or 3 for 3 when he played 6?

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Yeah he went terrible at 6. Was it 2 games for 2 wins or 3 for 3 when he played 6?
                    Yeah nothing at all to to do with the rest of the team. It was all Mitchell's organisational and ball playing skills.

We have won games without Cronk, Friend, JWH, SST, wingers. No harm in giving Mitchell half our salary cap.
                    Last edited by dice; 05-06-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Remember Finch went to Storm on rock bottom dollar just to pass the ball to GI and they won the GF.

Comment

Yeah nothing at all to to do with the rest of the team. It was all Mitchell's organisational and ball playing skills.

We have won games without Cronk, Friend, JWH, SST, wingers. No harm in giving Mitchell half our salary cap.
                        Never said that it was all down to Mitchell. Just pointing out that its hard to say he was a total bust at 6 when our record with him there is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

At 5/8 thou?
                          He will be the best left centre if he stays there.
                          He can play hooker for all I care, just as long as he's in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Never said that it was all down to Mitchell. Just pointing out that its hard to say he was a total bust at 6 when our record with him there is perfect.
                            The question that ultimately needs to be asked is value for money. Is Mitchell worth more than Keary and Cronk in the halves? Is Mitchell worth more than Teddy at fullback? Is Mitchell worth twice as much as any other centre in the game? If the answer to all those questions is no then IMO we simply won't pay it. It will come down to third party sponsorship.

Comment

Personally I'm happy with Latrell at centre and a solid no name at 5/8 when Cronk calls it quits. That said Latrell would make a fist of 5/8, particularly now that Keary seems to be able to run the show by himself.

Comment

The question that ultimately needs to be asked is value for money. Is Mitchell worth more than Keary and Cronk in the halves? Is Mitchell worth more than Teddy at fullback? Is Mitchell worth twice as much as any other centre in the game? If the answer to all those questions is no then IMO we simply won't pay it. It will come down to third party sponsorship.
                                That's true. We won't be able to match what some other team will throw at him. But so long as we can get close to the 1m a season mark, we'd have to be some chance of keeping him. And he's worth 1m a season.

Comment

Working...
                                X