Craig Garvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Garvey

Spotted named for the Hills District Bulls to play RMC after apparently leaving the Roosters to "take time away from the game", pretty sure they used to be a feeder clubs for the Bears. Is this is still the case?

1. Joel Bradford 2. Patiliai Bolea 3. Meimeite Siale 4. Noah Smith 20. Siaosi Keates 6.Nicholas Holliday 7. Harry Siejka 8. Treyvon Leuluai 9. Craig Garvey 10. Timothy Robinson 12. David Baumann 14. Daniel Harrison 23. Mathew Gardner 15. Jayden Griffin 16. Jake Brennan 17. Corey Kurnoth 22. Peni Botik
    Last edited by Rooster90; 05-03-2019, 01:18 PM.

Harry Siejka, blast from the past !! Signed a big deal in his very early teens with Penrith and was all over the news, never lived up to expectations .

Comment

If they were a feeder club for the bears then it was a long long time ago.

They haven't been a feeder for anyone for a long time until this year and are now connected to Souths.
      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

They haven't been a feeder for anyone for a long time until this year and are now connected to Souths.
        According to Wikipedia...

> Hills District are currently a senior feeder side to NSW Cup team The North Sydney Bears.

However, the link demonstrating this claim is now dead and I see no reference to them on the Bears' website.

What's known is that they are feeder level and he's still on our website as being part of our top 30 (Verrills is and always was a development player so he can play with special permission).

While this won't decide the season, the transparency around it is pretty shyte TBH. NRL.com should have a list of each team's top 30 and should have a footnote somewhere if a player's dropped out of it.

From a safety perspective I have NFI how an NRL grade player who has been selected in an NRL team's top 30 can suddenly be allowed to play district A-Grade 2 months after being named in the NRL. Sure he isn't a big dude but remember when Junior Paulo went and played rugby? Surely Garvey's at a stage where he's mastered his tackling skills to the point where him tackling an district-grade player who is promising and trains 3 times a week could cause some serious damage.

IMO the Roosters need to tell us WTF is happening with Craig Garvey! Is he in our 30 (as their website suggests) or is he playing district footy with no chance of returning to the NRL any time soon?

Comment

Its not district A grade, its Rom Massey Cup, effectively 3rd grade.
          There are plenty of ex NRL players playing RM Cup and even Sydney Shield (next level down)
          Both these comps run on a points system and a player is assigned so many points depending on their playing history and a team on any given day can not exceed the points cap for that comp.

Having been around those 2 comps for a few years now I can tell you that no one is in danger of being maimed because someone with NRL experience is playing.
          Also that link is well old. Asquith have been the Bears feeder for a while now.
          sigpic

Comment

Its not district A grade, its Rom Massey Cup, effectively 3rd grade.
            There are plenty of ex NRL players playing RM Cup and even Sydney Shield (next level down)
            Both these comps run on a points system and a player is assigned so many points depending on their playing history and a team on any given day can not exceed the points cap for that comp.

Having been around those 2 comps for a few years now I can tell you that no one is in danger of being maimed because someone with NRL experience is playing.
            Also that link is well old. Asquith have been the Bears feeder for a while now.
            Thanks for clearing that up mate.

I still think there's a gap between 'someone with NRL experience' and somebody who is currently in a team's top 30. I'd be angry if I played for a district level club and they were letting a dude with an NRL contract play against me. Put it that way... I'd want his status cleared up because right now I reckon he'd be allowed to play for the Chooks next week if Robbo chose to select him.

Comment

Its funny usually the coaches are not happy, but the players relish the challenge
              sigpic

Comment

Let’s move on from this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Let’s move on from this guy.
                  I've moved on from the idea of him ever playing for us but he remains in our top 30. I just want a clear answer on what happened and why we're in a position where we don't have a backup hooker as it seems to be some pretty poor management if he's not even injured.
                  Last edited by ism22; 05-05-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

lol.. the Hills Bulls have nothing to do with Souths. Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

lol.. the Hills Bulls have nothing to do with Souths. Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?
                      From the mouth of their Ron Massey Cup football manager, who is a mate of mine.

Hills Bulls RM cup is linked to Souths and that's where Souths send their NSW cup players that are not playing.
                      Its the same as Norths and Asquith, Bulldogs and Cabra . Bulldogs u20s and Moorebank, Newtown and Glebe Burwood etc etc etc
                      sigpic

Comment

Playing Hooker for Newtown in the Canterbury Cup, the feeder club for the Sharks

Comment

So let me get this right, he’s in the Roosters top 30 but he plays in the Ron Massey Cup for the Hills district Bulls who are a feeder club for North’s & Souths plus he also plays for Newtown who are a feeder club for Cronulla but he sometimes plays for Asquith, Moorebank, Glebe & Burwood in the Sydney Sheild.
                          He is so busy playing everywhere else that he hasn’t got time to play for the Roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                            So let me get this right, he’s in the Roosters top 30 but he plays in the Ron Massey Cup for the Hills district Bulls who are a feeder club for North’s & Souths plus he also plays for Newtown who are a feeder club for Cronulla but he sometimes plays for Asquith, Moorebank, Glebe & Burwood in the Sydney Sheild.
                            He is so busy playing everywhere else that he hasn’t got time to play for the Roosters.
                            hes not in our 30 we released him

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              hahaha you funny but true ...
                              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Working...
                              X