Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone care about Super League still?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bansai Pipeline
    started a topic Does anyone care about Super League still?

Does anyone care about Super League still?

I do. Will never support a News Ltd team.

Even marched for Souths reinstatement in a Roosters jersey. Got a lot of hugs from the vermin that day.

• Kingbilly
    replied
    I still can't believe anyone bought into the souths crap and supported them after they were kicked out.
    Its not like their arrogance and self righteousness were a secret

Leave a comment:

• Crab
    replied
    Originally posted by stephenj View Post
    speaking of a superleague I think our grand final win last season over the storm has totally killed them off, the6y no longer bring instant fear to their opponents Cronulla did them well tonight, there something sp3eciqal is gone!
    Their something special is now wearing the number 7 at the Roosters

Leave a comment:

• crikey chris
    replied
    The real winners from the super league drama were the shit/average/fringe first grade players who suddenly won "Lotto" ie getting massive payrises!

And we got Freddy

Leave a comment:

• stephenj
    replied
    speaking of a superleague I think our grand final win last season over the storm has totally killed them off, the6y no longer bring instant fear to their opponents Cronulla did them well tonight, there something sp3eciqal is gone!

Leave a comment:

• Freddy
    replied
    Was a massive ARL fan durIng SL war. Now I just look back and think what could have been if it had been done properly and how well off the game would be instead of making lawyers millionaires. Game would have been National and much bigger internationally.

Leave a comment:

• Freddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
    I do. Will never support a News Ltd team.

Even marched for Souths reinstatement in a Roosters jersey. Got a lot of hugs from the vermin that day.

I attended that march too.. no way I would today. After all they did to us boundaries etc Our club stuck solid with them but that club and their fans have disrespected us non stop since their return.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    I think I've been caught in a time warp...this is well and truly fish n chip paper by now surely?

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    I thought the heading was in reference to the English Super League.

So I guess not.

I was only 7 when the super league war was a thing and I've grown up loving Fox sports and their coverage of the game and all sports so maybe I'm a little bit blind to their influence over the game but I just don't see it, not in the modern era anyway.
    Didn't realise you were so young 6. Youve got a bloody good knowledge for the game for your age.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

You’re more thermos than Thanos, then.
    Isn't that where you keep hotdogs?

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied

Thermos sounds a bit too cardigan and slippers ya whippersnapper.

Leave a comment:

• Salvatori Grubber
    replied
    Originally posted by zac View Post

Thanos is a bit after my time, but yeah, why not.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied

Does that make John Ribot, Thanos?
    Thanos is a bit after my time, but yeah, why not.

Leave a comment:

• novice chook
    replied
    Hated the SuperLeague war. Refused to get Foxtel for a few years after until I realised that the only person who was losing out was myself - Murdoch & Co wouldn't give a rats whether I subscribed or not. Subscribed and wouldn't be without Foxtel now. I loathe having to suffer 9 for SOO and the GF - that's enough of me for that amateur hour broadcast each season. The Fox broadcast of all their sports is generally first class.

Bag the Mudochs all you want - but at least they are putting money into the game, which it needs in order to survive. Name another entity who would be prepared to throw as much money into league as what the Murdochs' have. I realise that Foxtel has its own selfish reasons for supporting our sport, but I don't care as long as the money keep rolling in to ensure the game survives.

It's not as if James Packer has any interest in the game as a whole - just an ill chosen few like the Vermin and the Riff.

As for the journos - it's not as if its only the News Ltd journos that drag the game down - read that flog FitzSimons lately? I get the SMH free through work which is the only reason I read the content, as you wouldn't want to be paying for it.

Leave a comment:

• dice
    replied
    Good: SL helped us win a premiership and brought us every game live on Foxtel.
    Bad: I still hate all the teams that sold out. I feel terrible for all the fans that suffered especially Bears, Steelers, and Magpies. Tigers celebrating their 20th year instead of 1908 brings back some resentment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X