Lachlan Lam Kyle Flanagan Jackson Hastings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lachlan Lam Kyle Flanagan Jackson Hastings

I can’t believe the club is considering Kyle Flanagan as a replacement for Lachlan.
    Lammys son has only had a limited impact in a gun side and he feels the need to prove himself I reckon.

the word on the street is that the real gun from the shire is the younger Brailey, and I bloody agree by watching him play. That kid is the one we should have grabbed.
    Kyle has had mixed reviews over the years, Lachlan had a pretty consistent reputation that he would make it in the toughest arena.

Then you have to consider if they are both Jackson Hastings types?
    Famous father, big junior reputations but struggled at the top level.

Chad Townsend came with a big junior rep. Was pretty ineffective for about 4 years, was exiled to the Warriors and came back a different player.
    He almost packed it in at one stage after his spirit broken by The coach. He fought on, he improved and he is now a premiership winner and a valued halfback.

its a lot of pressure for young kids
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Don't think we need to chase any youngsters as we have done pretty well recently and there is no need to change.

I just hope Robbo and Nick keep buying stars at the right price (ie Fergo and Jennings), and letting them go at the right time.

It is amazing that we (all NRL fans) have this expectation that youngsters need to come in and be dominant in their positions straight away.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Keary will be our long term 7 in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
          Keary will be our long term 7 in my opinion
          Definitely imho.

Comment

Young Lam has a much much better head on his shoulders than Hastings does or ever will.
            I won't bother to think about rating Chad whatshisface until he gets rid of that ****ing wombat on his head
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

If Kyle is anything like his father then he can stay on his side of the Taren Point Road.

Comment

We offered the younger Brailey a deal which he knocked back. He did say he was seriously tempted by us though.

Unless we need a goal kicker because ours may fly the coup?

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Be surprised if our halves combo isn't Lam/Keary next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                    If Kyle is anything like his father then he can stay on his side of the Taren Point Road.
                    I agree. His dad was a **** of a human being.
                    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

we do need a back up half for keary though i expect keary to go onto soo half and australian half so we will be in need of another top notch halfback for those occasions plus injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Be surprised if our halves combo isn't Lam/Keary next year.
                        Interestingly, in the paper today it claims that we see Lattrells future as a 5/8. That’s possibly just an excuse to pay him more.

Comment

I heard a great quote about Flanno the other day, I bloke that has known him since a kid said I would like to buy him at my price and sell him at his price.
                          we should not brand his son in the same vein. His mother is apparently a lovely human.
                          stick with Lammys son

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                            we do need a back up half for keary though i expect keary to go onto soo half and australian half so we will be in need of another top notch halfback for those occasions plus injuries?
                            With the salary cap mate it is impossible to have a top notch half in reserves just to cover Origin selection. The best you can do is a Brock Lamb type player and that is probably better than most clubs have as a second choice 6 or 7

Comment

Yeah, you can't afford a first grade level half back playing in reserves. Plus, if you've got halves who are playing Origin you're probably paying them more than other first grade halves, so there's even less chance you can have a ready made replacement. Best you can hope for is a young up and comer who can do a job for you.

But this is one reason why we should seriously consider hoping Cronk continues next year - he's an Origin level half who doesn't play Origin.

Comment

Working...
                              X