15. Zane Tetevano
    16. Sitili Tupouniua
    17. Lachlan Lam
    RESERVES
    18. Lindsay Collins
    19. Poasa Faamsausili
    20. Brock Lamb
    21. Sam Verrills

No surprise to see Sitili overtake Collins in the pecking order. Butcher, too.

They were both superb where as Collins has made some poor errors the past couple of weeks.

Still, he's a hard worker and will come back bigger and better I'm sure.

But in the meantime I'm hoping Sitili has a Anthony Tupou 2004esque type season. That sort of impact forward off the bench is the last piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Would love to see Lachlan Lam play the 80 at 6. Move latrell to centres and Maubs to bench. From the very small amount I have seen of Lam in FG, I think he deserves a chance to start.

Comment

I think Latrell is wasted at 5/8, he is too big & powerful to be one off the ruck so now that I have said that he will probably have a blinder at 5/8. I thought Keary would have had up untill kick off before being ruled out but the medical team must have concerns & ruled him out. He was on that NRL show that is after NRL360 last night & he said that he had passed the first 2 days testing.
        Collins dropped after they won.
        From past experiences I doubt Robbo will use Lam unless someone gets injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          I think Latrell is wasted at 5/8, he is too big & powerful to be one off the ruck so now that I have said that he will probably have a blinder at 5/8. I thought Keary would have had up untill kick off before being ruled out but the medical team must have concerns & ruled him out. He was on that NRL show that is after NRL360 last night & he said that he had passed the first 2 days testing.
          Latrell at 5/8 just means he gets more ball and can create, he has the pass and the kick, I think he will do great, it will certainly make him concentrate more. Might be a preview of our team next yea without Cronk and with Keary at half.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            He played 5/8 while Cronk was out, and keary ran most of the plays, hopefully Cronk does his controlling of the game and latrell has free reign, I’d prefer him in the centers too though.

Comment

With Keary out, will Latrel and Cooper share the kick for touch kicks? With Latrel's massive boot, a guaranteed 40m gain each time, or are we adding more pressure / responsibility on his shoulders?

Comment

I can see Lam at 5/8.

i can also see Collins back on the bench

nice to have such options. TIT
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

We will certainly miss Keary and Liu, but we should still be able to get away with this one.

Comment

Would love to see Lam given the 80 at 6! A late inclusion maybe? Although it is a big event, maybe Robbo wants to ease him in off the bench.
                    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I'd rather not see Lam defend side by side with Latrell.

The defensive line is much stronger as the team is named with Aubo beside Latrell.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Latrell at 5/8 just means he gets more ball and can create, he has the pass and the kick, I think he will do great, it will certainly make him concentrate more. Might be a preview of our team next yea without Cronk and with Keary at half.
                        Yeah it's ad-hoc but I reckon it works because in essence, you're giving a good player a lot of touches. Ben Hunt and Corey Norman really don't wanna constantly defend against the threat of a 193cm player who can either fend them, step them or kick the ball 60m.

A true half will manage the game better but in an emotionally charged match where you wanna go out and make a statement, I reckon Latrell's a decent bet.

Comment

If Keary does indeed miss this game, I too would like to see Lam start at five eighth. He can defend well and has an all round game that should benefit the team.

Just because Latrell wears 6 doesn’t mean he will play 6.. maybe just for a little bit, but will line up at centre in defence with Aubusson inside him.

Collins can spend a few weeks with the Bears holding the ball skittling defenders.

Our depth is being tested across the park over these early rounds. Credit to the club for recruitment and retention.
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

We've only got 4 internationals out this week.

Comment

The only thing this listing does is tell us Keary isn’t playing. As for the makeup of the team we will find out an hour before kickoff.

Comment

Working...
                              X