Anzac Day Squad Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
    is robbo going to do his classic switcharoo, naming latrell at 6 so all eyes on him and none on lam so a bit less to talk about and not as much pressure. then an hour before kick off we find out lam starts and thats been the plan all along
    I reckon this is how it will end up.

In saying that I'm sure the Steelers are doing plenty of work on defending Latrell in the centres.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

UPDATED SQUAD
      1. James Tedesco
      2. Daniel Tupou
      3. Mitchell Aubusson
      4. Joseph Manu
      5. Matt Ikuvalu
      6. Latrell Mitchell
      7. Cooper Cronk
      8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
      9. Jake Friend (c)
      10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
      11. Boyd Cordner (c)
      12. Angus Crichton
      13. Victor Radley
      INTERCHANGE
      14. Nat Butcher
      15. Zane Tetevano
      16. Sitili Tupouniua
      17. Lachlan Lam
      RESERVES
      18. Lindsay Collins
      21. Sam Verrills

Comment

Can still see Lam for latrell with Aubs to bench.
        given Robbo used sitili as prop last week, Collins to miss out
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I give Lam starting about a 1% chance.

Robbo's coaching philosophy is built on defence.

I don't doubt young Lam's courage or tackling ability; but side by side with Latrell I'd question their decision making.

No such issues with Aubo who might be the best edge defender in the comp. He is a wall himself but also makes Latrell a better defender the same way Cronk does Manu.

It's a no brainer for me.

We still have plenty of points in us minus Keary so I fully expect Robbo to tighten the defence with Aubo defending at 5/8 inside Lats.

Lam will be bench cover.

Comment

Interesting and strong argument, Tommy and your view is most likely to be proven correct.

my reasons for Lam.
            1. Cronk does not appear 100% right to me. Don’t know if scapula or age or returning from injury. Just not firing on all cylinders and now chief play maker with additional pressure with keary out
            2. Latrell still learning 5/8 in Fg and a gun weapon with Manu back. Able to attack both sides of field with potency with Latrell in centres
            3. Whereas Lam is not proven in FG, has spent his whole life in that role
            4. Lam’s D outstanding vs manly. Try savers on line
            5. Lams left foot kicking game. Perfect foil to Cronk . Shades latrell in short kicking game

no inside info just my point of view
            TIT
            Last edited by The Axe; 04-24-2019, 09:37 PM.
            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Imagine Latrell having Coops as your leader in giving you not only tips in training, but during the game telling you what you need to do at what particular time. I see Latrell having his best game at 5/8 and making some awesome memories.

Comment

Tommy & The Axe you both make a good argument.
                I would go with the The Axe's idea but I think Robbo will go with Smithy's idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  I give Lam starting about a 1% chance.

Robbo's coaching philosophy is built on defence.

I don't doubt young Lam's courage or tackling ability; but side by side with Latrell I'd question their decision making.

No such issues with Aubo who might be the best edge defender in the comp. He is a wall himself but also makes Latrell a better defender the same way Cronk does Manu.

It's a no brainer for me.

We still have plenty of points in us minus Keary so I fully expect Robbo to tighten the defence with Aubo defending at 5/8 inside Lats.

Lam will be bench cover.
                  Sorry Tommy, 1% it wasn't! Glad your not coaching us.

Comment

Working...
                  X