The only thing that worrys me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing that worrys me

We have a great side that reminds me of 74/75. We are the best team in the comp by a country mile. When we are on no team can touch us and I have no doubt that we will go back to back. However, our switching off in games is a concern. Whether it's a tactic by Robbo for us to rest at times during games or are we so smug that we know how good a team we are and that we can take back ascendancy when ever we need to. So far we have led Manly 26-0, Cronulla 30-0 and the Storm 20-0 only to allow these teams to come back at us, It nearly cost us against Melbourne. Our depth is amazing and hopefully our best is still to come. I'm hoping for a complete performance on Anzac Day but we need to get our d on as Keary says.

Trust in Trent

Comment

His reaction after Latrell kicked the FG was priceless.

Comment

There's a difference between the Manly and Sharks game and the Melbourne game.

Simply saying they switched off against Melbourne would be ignoring the fact that all of Melbourne's points came roughly 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after half time when the effects of the interchanges became apparent.

The team were desperate in that goal line D on Saturday night... I didn't see anyone who had switched off. We repelled so many sets before they finally scored.

Comment

I hadn’t notice it until you pointed it out. It could cost us in a game or two this season but i’m sure they would have sorted out this issue
          before September comes.
          I’ve never been more confident watching the Roosters play than I do now. I go into every game now pretty confident we will win. This side has the potential to be as dominant as the Bronco 92-93 and 98-00 sides and Melbournes 07 and 09 sides. Wish we could have a crack at the Raiders 94 team.

Comment

Don't underestimate the referees penchant...perhaps even unconsciously ....to help the other team make a contest of it.

Comment

Yeah but we’re winning
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

The score flattered Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                  His reaction after Latrell kicked the FG was priceless.
                  Yep. Love it.

Comment

The defence ain’t what it used to be yet

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                      The defence ain’t what it used to be yet
                      I believe this is a good thing. We can't maintain that sort of defence for two full seasons straight.

I'd rather we taper off and focus on the attack, then click it all into gear post Origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Don't underestimate the referees penchant...perhaps even unconsciously ....to help the other team make a contest of it.
                        The referees do it all the time. Whenever we get a big lead I am always saying to the people watching with me, the refs will even this up. It started just before halftime against the Storm with a farcical lost ball in a play the ball which led to a try off a blatant forward pass.
                        Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post

The referees do it all the time. Whenever we get a big lead I am always saying to the people watching with me, the refs will even this up. It started just before halftime against the Storm with a farcical lost ball in a play the ball which led to a try off a blatant forward pass.
                          Or when Collins lost it on the first tackle 2 or 3 times.
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

As I have said before, It is physically impossible to remain at peak for an entire season. I am happy for us to be coasting, even resting players, to ensure that every player is ready to go when it counts. If we lose a couple games because of it then so be it. Very few teams have that luxury.

Comment

its actually pretty rare that 1 team will dominate for an entire 80 mins, both teams in a game normally get at least a 10 minute flow of possession, penalties, good luck etc. it is pretty rare to see scores of 52 - 0 even 30 - 0 in the nrl , of course it happens but rarely. so i don't knw if we are clocking off or just thats the way the games are going. i know im in the minority here, but all these minor injuries could be a blessing for later in the season, builds depth etc, ensures guys are not exhausted come season end, just need to manage origin which trent did amazingly well last year. we will have a few losses this season , not sure when but it will happen . hopefully well roll into the finals, fresh , invigorated ready to go...special times indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X