Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikuvalu Appreciation Post

I know we already have a post going about Ikuva
    alubut I thought he deserves his own appreciation post just because how he has bounced back from his average debut match.

He probably won't cement his spot once our injured players are ready to go but he has certainly been solid for us. He's been great under the high ball and has been willing to take the hard runs coming out of our own end.

I'm glad Robbo has kept him in and appreciate what he has fone for us so far.

Honestly, after the last few games I think Brett Morris might struggle to get back into the squad.

Comment

How can you drop him after his performances in the last three games. It’s a good headache for Robinson to have. You can’t be complacent when wearing the Roosters jersey at the moment because there is now pressure from our fringe first graders to take your spot in the team.

Plenty of quality players at Easts at the moment and Robo knows how to get the best out of them.

Comment

He's done an excellent job the past few weeks but it doesn't change the fact that he is 4th choice winger.

I've got a lot of respect for him and as any other Roosters fan on here love the way he has bounced back it shows real character but take the emotion out of it, he's not infront of Hall or Morris.

Comment

He's one of those guys that's never going to be a star, but geez it gladdens the heart to see him do so well. Really pleased for Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
            He's one of those guys that's never going to be a star, but geez it gladdens the heart to see him do so well. Really pleased for Matt.
            He may not be a star like Ado Carr but he could find himself in another club having a successful season.

Comment

He's like Toddy Byrne in 2002. Did a great job when required, but as soon as the stars were fit, they were picked.

But feeling nothing but love for Iku. Apparently his kid needs a heart and lung transplant.

Comment

I don’t believe either Morris or Hall could have turned and outrun Ado-Carr like he did the other night and the guy is clearly improving and enjoying his footy. His confidence and ability is improving off the back of his/our success.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

yeah i saw him have a shocker in the Bears first game, then a very ordinary game in his first game in first grade this year. I wouldn't have picked him but his kicked arse since. Thats why Trent Robinson is a great coach and i'm a nobody keyboard warrior with no idea

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

He may not be a star like Ado Carr but he could find himself in another club having a successful season.
                    Manly would love to have Matt back.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Manly would love to have Matt back.
                      Better than Parker, that’s for sure
                      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

After that first game he played this season for which he had a shocker I will say I bagged him out, Since then my opinion of him has changed somewhat he has no fear going for the high ball putting his body on the line on numerous times and is improving with every game, he never shirks hitting the ball up or trying to make the most of every given situation. What more could I ask, North Sydney will be getting a much improved player back when Morris is ready to return.

I can't wait to see what Ryan Hall will have to offer when he's ready to come into the team.

Comment

The real beauty of all this is that we don't have to rush players back and risk them injuring themselves again.
                          We are pretty lucky to have the likes of Morris and Hall waiting in the wings. It's certainly a win-win situation for the club.

Comment

I didn't think Ikuvalu deserved a THREAD dedicated to BAGGING him in his 5th first grade game , and made my feelings known quite clearly, I have the same feeling about a thread dedicated to praising him. It's certainly in better spirit , and I love that, t but don't think it's necessary. Matt has done well and congats to him but I don't see him keeping Morris on the sideline once he is available. He may keep his spot if Morris plays Fullback to cover Teddy in Origin, he might even be able to fill in for Latrell as a centre over the Origin period if Hall is available. I love Matts story, and it's great that he is getting his opportunity , I hope he has many more games with us over the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                              I didn't think Ikuvalu deserved a THREAD dedicated to BAGGING him in his 5th first grade game , and made my feelings known quite clearly,
                              I don't think you made those feelings known after he had a much better game the following week. Though I would be pleased to be corrected on that.

Anyway, I agree that Morris will come back in but that will only be to keep the seat warm for Hall I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X