Tough choices ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough choices ahead

With the quality of young talent coming through we値l be needing to say goodbye to a couple of guys soon or risk losing out next crop. I知 not sure of his contract status but if think Tetavano needs to make way for Butcher at the end of this season, leaving Maubs to retire at the end of next year after reaching the 300 game mark. JWH is 30 & I知 not sure how many more years of punishment his body will hold up to & I can稚 see Friend playing on as long as Smith has.

The club will bring the young guys up to NRL standard but they won稚 stay in reserve grade forever.

Yes it will be very interesting. With the continual rise of Collins, Tets May want to chase the big contract elsewhere soon. He has become an important part of our team this year, if he does go it will be sad to see him go. I don稚 believe Butcher is in the same league as Tets yet.
    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I feel that keeping Tets would be a better option if we had to choose between him and Butcher.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't we have a bit of cap space left over from Pearce's salary? He was on big bucks and the club was prepared to keep him and give Coops a million. In addition to this Napa has gone.

Since then I can't remember the club having to offer anyone a massive upgrade as yet. So if that is the case over the coming seasons, as contracts expire, I would love to see them use that cap space to lock in Keary, Teddy, Radley and Latrell long term. Build the team around them with young fowards who can be lead by the likes of Cords and JWH. I don't think that either of them would want to sign with another club at this stage unless the offer was ridiculous.

You are right Jericho. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

We can't keep them all but the club has done a good job of developing and keeping the best. Balancing the cap will always mean some will have to make way. We will concentrate on the spine first. I was impressed by Verrils in his debut, I hope he gets another run against Saints if Jake is not ready.

Comment

Tetevano was awesome on Friday night. He's a brutal defender and can play long minutes.

I personally hope he stays for another couple of years. Though if we lose him it's clear we have the talent coming through to fill the void.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            Tetevano was awesome on Friday night. He's a brutal defender and can play long minutes.

I personally hope he stays for another couple of years. Though if we lose him it's clear we have the talent coming through to fill the void.
            Tetevano and Liu have become real weapons over the last two seasons and I hope we can keep them both for some time yet, I think the club culture and SST setting the example have been great for them, and you can also see it in the youngsters coming through. Great times looking forward.

Comment

Lots of talent coming through but cream always rises to the top. If the young guns want Tetevano's spot, let them earn it through performance. Meanwhile, Tetevano has become a very dependable, consistently good performer and deserves his status in our team. I don't see him being moved on anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                I feel that keeping Tets would be a better option if we had to choose between him and Butcher.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't we have a bit of cap space left over from Pearce's salary? He was on big bucks and the club was prepared to keep him and give Coops a million. In addition to this Napa has gone.
                At that point, Angus' hadn't started with us so maybe his contract hadn't kicked in yet ?

Comment

a guy like tetevano would be on peanuts at the moment; a small upgrade may convince him to stay, and maybe loyalty as robbo pulled him from playing club league in newcastle ?? i get the feeling he shines with us because were such a good team, if he played for a lesser team he may not be the player he is with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
                    Yes it will be very interesting. With the continual rise of Collins, Tets May want to chase the big contract elsewhere soon. He has become an important part of our team this year, if he does go it will be sad to see him go. I don稚 believe Butcher is in the same league as Tets yet.
                    COLLINS STILL NEEDS A BIT OF HARDENING UP..The Melbs boys smashed him a few times.
                    Im still not sold on Butcher...Sitill BW does it for me.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Tetevano looks much fitter this season.
                      And he has been playing more effective accordingly
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

On Tetevano I was surprised that he is the heaviest player at the Roosters. 111kg
                        JWH, SST, Liu, Faamausili 108kg
                        Collins 106kg
                        Radley 92kg
                        I'll leave the tough choices ahead to Robbo & his assistance's.

Comment

Collins is about 20-21 playing first grade. Melbourne smashed him. Lessons to be learned. Guy is a beast.

stood up against broncos. Similar age
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I just saw a replay of Sitili's run that lead to the field goal.

What awesome footwork. He left a great defender in Finucane clutching at straws.

He's a big talent and I think his impact off the bench will be a real weapon come finals time. Collins will be feeling the heat, which is great as competition for spots is always a good thing.

The Farmer has been super impressive too in his games this year.

Comment

Not sure we will need to make any big decisions this year. Money won't be an issue retaining any of the current lot. It will come down to opportunity, if players like Sitili are offered a better opportunity elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X