• Show
Clear All

• the next GI

I wish the media would stop this crap.

I don't want Latrell to turn into a fat lazy female bashing drunk

The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

DOn't worry. Souffs have the next GI & Izzy rolled into one. Joseph Suuli....... (sorry couldn't be bothered looking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler View Post
      DOn't worry. Souffs have the next GI & Izzy rolled into one. Joseph Suuli....... (sorry couldn't be bothered looking it up.
      Mate if this is the same kid i am thinking about he is a freak ? Joseph Sualli from Kings ?? Went to Primary School in Glenmore Park ( Regentville) before getting a scholarship at Kings. I watched him play when he was very young, until he was about 13. Many clubs from different codes after him

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

I wish I could stop having to read crap like this crap that you posted. None of that crap is true and if Latrell has as good a record as Inglis when his career finishes he can be very proud. Latrell has a ton of ability, an absolute star, but some of the crap he dished up in between the brilliance against the Storm needs to go. Like throwing that ridiculous pass coming out from our like, not getting back in the line to defend the try, carrying on like a goose in some of his tackles. Lets stick to reality.

Comment

The best was Vossy on Friday. Told is Latrell is “his own man” and then proceeded to spend the rest of the game saying how much like Inglis he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

Latrell's already better than GI was at his height (circa 2008 as he became a wife beater in 2009 and an injury liability as soon as he returned to the NRL).

Aside from being centres from indigenous backgrounds who have massive fends, they're very different players IMO. Latrell's far more mobile and has a lot of fine touches that GI never had.

So the next GI? No, don't insult him. That's like saying he's the next Mundine.

Comment

Latrell is my Rooster God ..happy easter
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Latrell's already better than GI was at his height (circa 2008 as he became a wife beater in 2009 and an injury liability as soon as he returned to the NRL).

Aside from being centres from indigenous backgrounds who have massive fends, they're very different players IMO. Latrell's far more mobile and has a lot of fine touches that GI never had.

So the next GI? No, don't insult him. That's like saying he's the next Mundine.
                This is just rubbish. I don't understand the hate for Inglis, have a look at his highlights reel on YouTube FFS. He was the greatest of his time, debuted at 18 and stayed at the top for over10 years, missed a year in 2017 with a devastating knee injury and came back. If he was a Rooster we would all be calling for him to be an immortal. The wife beater stuff is crap too. He was never convicted and married the girl and they were together for 10 years, always came across to me as a humble champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Mate if this is the same kid i am thinking about he is a freak ? Joseph Sualli from Kings ?? Went to Primary School in Glenmore Park ( Regentville) before getting a scholarship at Kings. I watched him play when he was very young, until he was about 13. Many clubs from different codes after him
                  I work with this kids dads best mate and Souths apparently paid his old man $60k to get him to sign plus whatever contract they offered young Joseph.

He’s union through and through and is league to get the $$$ from an earlier age. Met with Chieka and Izzy and they even advised him to stay in league for the $$$ and come back to union a few years down the track.
                  Last edited by Jack_Napier; 04-21-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

If he had any integrity he would have retired 3 years ago, he would have fulfilled his paid for obligations as a community ambassador and he would have put his hand up and taken his punishment for being blind drunk behind the wheel.

I don't care how great he was 10 years ago, he is nothing more than a perfect fit for the Storm and Souths and I am happy he was never here
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

I've never liked Inglis, on or off the field. Had some grub about him on it, and questionable credentials off it.

Never understood the adulation he received and still is.

Alongside Burgess, and Isaac Luke as my most disliked players actually.

Comment

any club would have killed to have inglis circa 06 to 15, just because he played for souths and storm doesn't change the fact he could play. latrell has not surpassed him, lets stop the silliness, he may do but at this stage it isn't close. on a side note im watching the knights titans , knights look absolute rubbish early .

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                          any club would have killed to have inglis circa 06 to 15, just because he played for souths and storm doesn't change the fact he could play. latrell has not surpassed him, lets stop the silliness, he may do but at this stage it isn't close. on a side note im watching the knights titans , knights look absolute rubbish early .
                          Good post regarding Inglis, can't stand the dude but he was unstoppable for a long period.

Surely Nathan Brown will get the punt soon......possibly this week ?? They have a good roster and are playing terribly at the moment. I thought they would press for top 4, not the spoon

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

This is just rubbish. I don't understand the hate for Inglis, ..
                            The wife beater stuff is crap too. He was never convicted and married the girl and they were together for 10 years.
                            You’re kidding yourself if you think he was not guilty. He only got off on a diversion order to undergo counselling about violence against women. The court wouldn’t be sanctioning that if he was found innocent. It was what the prosecution was left with after his wife tried to withdraw her initial charge. Sadly, it’s quite common for women to do this.

If this happened now, he would’ve been stood down like de Belin and Walker. Which would’ve resulted in no 2009 Premiership and no Golden Boot. From what has been alleged, Walker and Inglis both did similar things and had similar results.

I witnessed Inglis best years at the Storm while living in Melb. He was an unbelievable player to watch in a team that had Slater, Smith, Cronk and even Folau. I get he was a generational talent. But when you reflect on a career, it is things like this that may taint it to some in the public.

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                              I've never liked Inglis, on or off the field. Had some grub about him on it, and questionable credentials off it.

Never understood the adulation he received and still is.

Alongside Burgess, and Isaac Luke as my most disliked players actually.
                              Yeah I'd say he's the first indigenous player to make it to the top of the game but I mean... Artie did it years ago, without beating on his Mrs.

Guessing there's other stuff we don't see though. Like if you are growing up as an indigenous dude with an assumed future involving nothing but poverty/drugs/failure in Kempsey, knowing that Greg succeeded (and made millions) must be massive.

End of the day I forgive him for choosing QLD. Much deeper things were at play and as he said it... he just ticked a box saying he was interested in playing for QLD. The fact he then became THE story of QLD and Melbourne's success (and survived the subsequent media coverage/criticisms) is massive. To kill off poverty, racism, media scrutiny, crippling injuries (playing full seasons without MCLs...etc) and mental health challenges is huge.

IMO he's more a figurehead than anything. Nobody's saying he's a saint... he beat on his Mrs and got done DUI. However, he paid the price for both and moved on with his life. Not saying we should forgive his crimes or celebrate them. However, in a way I think they make him more human. He wasn't perfect and you might not be either... but that doesn't stop you from giving it your best and proving doubters wrong. IMO this is significant when you've grown up with the odds all stacked against you.
                              Last edited by ism22; 04-21-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X