Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROC181
    replied
    Charges after last night ONLY Nelson the Monster for stomping on Jared’s arm... penalty? About $2000... Ok intent to hurt gets a fine, accidental fake crusher 1 match... ridiculous like the eyegouching.

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Chook
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
    Great result form Easts under 20’s to beat the Storm even with the home town 10-5 penalty count that turned the game around in the 3rd quarter.
    The phony crowd noise they play over the PA to supplement the renta crowd works every time on the refs.
    Yes liked that they played the 20”s in the park outside the stadium good atmosphere without the cost of running the stadium. We should look at a similar approach.

Agreed the fake atmosphere with the pre records is a bit embarrassing. On par with Souths at ANZ.

Leave a comment:

• The Axe
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    I have one serious complaint.

Those effing pigeons were annoying the crap out of me on the telecast. I’m writing a letter to Greenberg.
    Perhaps the pigeons could be banned under the no fault rule

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    I have one serious complaint.

Those effing pigeons were annoying the crap out of me on the telecast. I’m writing a letter to Greenberg.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    I want to give a rap to two unsung heroes.

Zane Tetevano and Matt Ikuvalu. Took the hits and kept up the quality and execution. A big part of our win tonight.
    Was thinking the same. I need to give credit to Butcher as well. He was solid.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny73
    replied
    Great result form Easts under 20’s to beat the Storm even with the home town 10-5 penalty count that turned the game around in the 3rd quarter.
    The phony crowd noise they play over the PA to supplement the renta crowd works every time on the refs.

Leave a comment:

• Cockadoodledoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    People have been sleeping on Nat Butcher this season. His workrate and offload is a point of difference to the other middles we have coming through.

Alot has been made about his size but he will only get better the older he gets and the more he fills out.

He has been solid so far this season and tonight he was very good. An important offload in the lead up to Teddys try.

Angus Crichton would want to step it up another gear quickly there's plenty of talent sitting in the wings and in a night when we needed our big name forwards to step up I didn't see much from him.
    Excellent post, Butcher is going fine. Some people expect newcomers to first grade to dominate from the get go, and if they don't, are quick to right them off. All players develop at different rates, Ikavalu being a prime example. The amazing thing is the usual suspects do it over and over again.

Leave a comment:

• chopstiks
    replied
    Originally posted by stephenj View Post
    so many critical decisions going to melbourne ebven the pseudo brawl, always a penalty againsrt players coming in late, not if your v easts? theyll probably cire jwh for a high tackle now?
    As cordner said to the muppet Klein... Forget the lecture about "next time" someone runs in, they've done it this time!!

Leave a comment:

• Cockadoodledoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Lacks impact in his carries and concedes too many metres when opposition runs at him. IMO he goes looking for too many tackles and works himself to a stand still which affects the quality of his work.

He is a very good line runner and a handy ball player but we have seen so little of it so far. He has proven enough in his past to be worth persisting with but if he doesn't step it up I don't think its ridiculous to suggest there's some impressive depth there putting pressure on.

Not an expert just a fan with an opinion like everyone else on here.
    He won't lose his first grade position imho, however Robbo has shown in recruitment and retention that he is not afraid to make tough calls. With key players coming off contract, it would not be completely out of the question to see Robbo make a call or 2 on some players at the club who are still contracted.

Leave a comment:

• KnightsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mattyh View Post

ive watched the knights a few times this year and ive been disappointed. im not having a dig here, but at times they've looked unmotivated especially against manly. after the last few years i thought they'd have motivation in spades. i had them in my top 8 before a ball was kicked. id always given brown a free pass but if they dont aim up maybe they should look at another coach. there are a few holes in the top 17, ie 5/8th, forward depth but there are far worse rosters in the league, i genuinely hope they sore it out and make a run for the finals.
    They have a great roster but Nathan Brown has no idea. Honestly they have been crap this season. If the Knights don't win it this year (which lets be honest they won't even come close) I hope the Roosters do

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
    did any see chambers throw a punch to victor or was I seeing things? I was surprised that wasn't looked at closely live
    Yes, didn't look like there was much behind it though.

You could sense the Storm boys didn't like the fact they were being matched by some rookies.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
    Angus is going fine, this time last year the experts we're questioning Cronk and Teddy.
    Lacks impact in his carries and concedes too many metres when opposition runs at him. IMO he goes looking for too many tackles and works himself to a stand still which affects the quality of his work.

He is a very good line runner and a handy ball player but we have seen so little of it so far. He has proven enough in his past to be worth persisting with but if he doesn't step it up I don't think its ridiculous to suggest there's some impressive depth there putting pressure on.

Not an expert just a fan with an opinion like everyone else on here.

Leave a comment:

• NorfolkStreetKid
    replied
    A win for the ages. Storm will not beat us this year no chance. The refs were their best players, they were not in it until the blatant forward pass was given as a try. At full strength we lap them.

Leave a comment:

• ChookMaster
    replied
    did any see chambers throw a punch to victor or was I seeing things? I was surprised that wasn't looked at closely live

Leave a comment:

• easts4eva
    replied
    Angus is going fine, this time last year the experts we're questioning Cronk and Teddy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X