No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give the man a fair go. I’d love to see lattrell retire as a one club man, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he’s a special talent that needs mentoring. Trent &co are the right personnel to see him achieve what’s he’s capable of .
    As far as SOO goes, Addo Carr and Walker we’re diabolical in defence which left Mitchell stranded and lost at times.
    Qld woke up at halftime and realised that unless they slow us down in the ruck, Cook and JT were going to shred them apart, and slow us down they did. 3-4 in a tackle, flopping on tackles players etc... that’s why our forwards were dominated in the second half and our backs couldn’t do a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I though Addo-Carr was rather ordinary and Chambers best effort was a hit on a falling Latrell. None were outstanding except for Gagai who is very much entrenched as a regular origin superstar. He could turn up blindfolded and still find the line but let’s face it, he was up against 3-4 other brothers who were well below par.
      Chambers beat Latrell in the psychological battle. That was worth a lot to QLD. Quite pivotal, I think.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Originally posted by OMR View Post
        Give the man a fair go. I’d love to see lattrell retire as a one club man, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he’s a special talent that needs mentoring. Trent &co are the right personnel to see him achieve what’s he’s capable of .
        As far as SOO goes, Addo Carr and Walker we’re diabolical in defence which left Mitchell stranded and lost at times.
        Qld woke up at halftime and realised that unless they slow us down in the ruck, Cook and JT were going to shred them apart, and slow us down they did. 3-4 in a tackle, flopping on tackles players etc... that’s why our forwards were dominated in the second half and our backs couldn’t do a thing.
        I definitely noticed that - often the Qld third tackler would not only flop on to the other 2 after tackle was completed (worth a penalty alone), but would then proceed to roll over the top of the other 2 tacklers. Quite farcical but it happens every year.

Comment

• Mitchell wasn't at his best but the criticism has been way over the top, same as the bashing Walker has copped. Why hasn't the blow torch been placed on the NSW forward pack who got absolutely dominated in the second half and failed to lay any sort of platform for their halves and outside backs? Aside from Klemmer and to a lesser extent Vaughan in his first stint, NSW had nobody willing to roll their sleeves up and take on the Qld pack. I would have had another big bopper on the bench instead of Gus if I was picking the team, even if it was someone like Tariq Sims. It was massive ask picking Haas and expecting him to lead the line in his 11th top grade game and the kid just wasn't up to it. No doubt he will be our next Glenn Lazarus but so much pressure for someone so inexperienced. Freddie, Brandy and Buderus need to man up and admit they got the selections and bench rotation wrong instead of throwing their players under the bus

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Chambers beat Latrell in the psychological battle. That was worth a lot to QLD. Quite pivotal, I think.
            lattell has owned him for quite a while now. If Chambers get a psychological victory from takling Latrell while slipping then good luck to him as he’s probably in for a mental breakdown next time they play.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

• im just advising caution re latrell, ill give him a discount for his age and all, but im seeing a lot of gi, hayne type player who can excite and disappoint in equal measure. is he a matchwinner ? undoubtedly , no dispute, my concern is how often that will be. but i do have full trust in this club to make the correct decision, whichever way it lands, latrell will not find a better club to cater to his needs then this one. if he wants away, good luck , he is indeed a raare talent.

Comment

• Interesting article by Buzz in the Tele about Latrell. Seems he loves the Roosters but is waiting until November 1 to talk contact negotiations. Not sure what to make of it. If he truly wants to stay why would he wait till November to extend his contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                  Interesting article by Buzz in the Tele about Latrell. Seems he loves the Roosters but is waiting until November 1 to talk contact negotiations. Not sure what to make of it. If he truly wants to stay why would he wait till November to extend his contract?
                  True that! Let’s see what comes of it. Personally I think he will stay on
                  Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                    Interesting article by Buzz in the Tele about Latrell. Seems he loves the Roosters but is waiting until November 1 to talk contact negotiations. Not sure what to make of it. If he truly wants to stay why would he wait till November to extend his contract?
                    He wouldn't be the first player to not be interested in negotiating his next deal during the playing season, especially when he has another year to go yet on his current contract. He has just been through the self-confessed distraction of a messy manager change, I suspect the last thing he wants now is to jump straight into contract negotiations which could potentially cause further distractions. I don't think you can read too much into that comment, not in the context of his other statements about being a one club player and the East being his home.

Comment

• interesting i just asked a workmate what he thought of latrell , he supports souths ...his reply was a spoilt brat, which i find interesting. not that im putting much in a workmates opinion, but he has definitley become a divisive character, our latrell. i suppose i could reply with jimmy is a farking drunk.

Comment

• He looks pretty happy at training.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...training-camp/

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                          interesting i just asked a workmate what he thought of latrell , he supports souths ...his reply was a spoilt brat, which i find interesting. not that im putting much in a workmates opinion, but he has definitley become a divisive character, our latrell. i suppose i could reply with jimmy is a farking drunk.
                          I hear what you're saying.

We at the roosters have very few admirers amongst other fans, and almost none in the media. They all love and wish for us to fail and suffer when we are successful - unfortunately for them, they've had to do a lot of suffering in recent years.

Australians are an envious bunch and can't stand others' success.

That's why this Latrell bashing witch hunt has had so much legs. "Out of form" for a few weeks - no mention of no Keary and Cronk in our halves to feed him the ball. No mention of zero service in SOO by the hopeless halves.

It would never have happened to Inglis, who had plenty of shithouse games. He was a koala bear. Just like Cleary.

Comment

• This thread seems a long time ago ...

Comment

• Thread of the year
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• If only I had a spare few days to read all the comments
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X