No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the boys on 5th and Last podcast said, he’s more than a Centre. He’s a game-breaker who can support like a fullback, run lines like a second rower, kick goals and field goals and pretty much win a game on his own. Pay him.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
      I hope he stays but at the same time I hope we don't throw an insane amount at him either, As others have said the club is where it is by wise cap management, recognizing great young talent and signing them cheap whilst they are young. I would hate to lose some of our young up and comers because of this like Radley, Manu, Lam ect or someone like Toops who for better or worse depending on the day has been great for the club.
      You have to ask yourself, can we replace Latrell or can we replace the player or players we might lose. That's how you can put the decision into perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
        As the boys on 5th and Last podcast said, he’s more than a Centre. He’s a game-breaker who can support like a fullback, run lines like a second rower, kick goals and field goals and pretty much win a game on his own. Pay him.
        True, hes probably the best centre I've ever seen (Meninga and Daley were before my time), and i really hope we can keep him. Its just that if we have to settle for say an average 6 and 7 to keep him, I dont know that it would be good value for money if we have to pay big $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConGa View Post

or the body. I recall his first two years of fullback, he'd hurt himself after every game and sometimes clutching his knees. His body will go down GI route if going back to fullback
          All fullbacks seem to get busted after a while. Lockyer moved to 5/8, Mini almost had to retire from injury, Billy missed years with injury, GI missed years, etc. I'd prefer Latrell stays in the centres, its just whether we can afford him. As for fitness, he could easily be fullback fit, but the pay off is he might lose some strength or the ability to inject that explosive power when its needed, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

You have to ask yourself, can we replace Latrell or can we replace the player or players we might lose. That's how you can put the decision into perspective.
            The thing is a lot of our players are getting on a bit. By 2021 a few may retire. Young players coming through on less money also. Hall, Morris and possibly Aubo might be gone. Jared and Jake are also getting towards the end of their careers too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
              i really hope joey stays, its bad enough seeing rts at the warriors, i know we ended up with teddy but that was a blunder forsure ...could have given rts jayden nikorima and hastings money in 16, hindsight, i guess pearce not pretending to root the dog may have helped to
              She was a bit of a hottie that dog though.

Comment

• Of course it’s well known that the spine players get the big bucks and centres aren’t worth it but Latrell and his match winning ability has changed this. He is worth as much as any spine player in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post

True, hes probably the best centre I've ever seen (Meninga and Daley were before my time), and i really hope we can keep him. Its just that if we have to settle for say an average 6 and 7 to keep him, I dont know that it would be good value for money if we have to pay big $$$.
                  We already have Luke Keary at 6 or even 7 if he wants , I reckon Lam or Lamb would be more than capable in the no 6 so hardly average.

Comment

• Lets give Latrell $1.2, then of course we would have to upgrade Teddy and Keary to the same money. Then Manu and Toops would want at least $800K each, and SST is probably worth $800 if Taumololo is on $1MILLION, add Friend and JWH at $800K each as well, then Radley and Toupouniau well we have to keep them so anther $700 each ? That's NINE MILLION, and we don't have a halfback yet, maybe get a cheap one for $600 and that's our cap GONE. For ELEVEN players Where do we get the money to pay the other 19 ? Or does everyone else happily play for 25% less than they ae worth just to play with Latrell.?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                      Lets give Latrell $1.2, then of course we would have to upgrade Teddy and Keary to the same money. Then Manu and Toops would want at least $800K each, and SST is probably worth $800 if Taumololo is on $1MILLION, add Friend and JWH at $800K each as well, then Radley and Toupouniau well we have to keep them so anther $700 each ? That's NINE MILLION, and we don't have a halfback yet, maybe get a cheap one for $600 and that's our cap GONE. For ELEVEN players Where do we get the money to pay the other 19 ? Or does everyone else happily play for 25% less than they ae worth just to play with Latrell.?
                      I guess that's where the farcical 3rd party payment system comes in.

How about everyone here on the Pen chips in 500 bucks each?? Wonder what we'd come up with......

Comment

• He'll re-sign for another 3 years at some point in the near future.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• enough said......

​​​​​​https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrell...b-3f4754e71f15

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                            enough said......

​​​​​​https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrell...b-3f4754e71f15
                            I wish Gus would become his new Manager. I am really beginning to warm to him again now. A good Manager would get him signed with Nike or Adidas for a million a year. You only have to look at Sports stars overseas. They make more money from endorsements than what they make from their club contracts. Why that’s not happening here is beyond me. I guess it comes down to how hard your manager wants to work.
                            Last edited by RoosterChick; 05-09-2019, 10:23 AM. Reason: Wanted to add to my post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                              He'll re-sign for another 3 years at some point in the near future.
                              Thats my thoughts too.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                                Lets give Latrell $1.2, then of course we would have to upgrade Teddy and Keary to the same money. Then Manu and Toops would want at least $800K each, and SST is probably worth $800 if Taumololo is on $1MILLION, add Friend and JWH at $800K each as well, then Radley and Toupouniau well we have to keep them so anther $700 each ? That's NINE MILLION, and we don't have a halfback yet, maybe get a cheap one for $600 and that's our cap GONE. For ELEVEN players Where do we get the money to pay the other 19 ? Or does everyone else happily play for 25% less than they ae worth just to play with Latrell.?
                                Take a chill pill mate, you're freaking out about nothing. Have faith that the club will make the right decision here

Comment

Working...
                                X