No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Trell as much as the next fan, but as a slightly different opinion he will win us games, but will not win us minor or major premierships.

Even if he grows to become as good as GI, no one in there right mind would say GI won his teams the comp. Melbourne won off Coops, Smith and Slater and Souths won off SBurgess and the Refs.

I get the marketing side of it, and want him to be here, but at those speculated salary figures we will stifle the overall balance of the team.

Nick, can't you just buy him a house on the Greek Islands or something?

Comment

• This is going to go on for 18 months without any fresh information.

Time to let it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
        This is going to go on for 18 months without any fresh information.

Time to let it go.
        Yep. I can't remember since maybe 1975 a season we are so totally dominating such as this.

Look, it's not paranoia, just a fact, people loathe and detest success when it's not theirs, particularly in Australia. They just can't stand it.

We are killing it right now. Of course almost all sections of media don't want to talk about that, so it's this speculation, and that's all it is, to try and steal the spotlight on how much we are dominating. Bookies have us at 2.75 already to be premiers - that's almost unheard of this early in a season.

Everyone who isn't a roosters fan is insanely jealous.

Let's enjoy this while it lasts.

Latrell is hot property. In 18 months he may go or he may stay. But I call major bullshit on any of these tossers in the media who claim to have the inside running.

Easts to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Yep. I can't remember since maybe 1975 a season we are so totally dominating such as this.

Look, it's not paranoia, just a fact, people loathe and detest success when it's not theirs, particularly in Australia. They just can't stand it.

We are killing it right now. Of course almost all sections of media don't want to talk about that, so it's this speculation, and that's all it is, to try and steal the spotlight on how much we are dominating. Bookies have us at 2.75 already to be premiers - that's almost unheard of this early in a season.

Latrell is hot property. In 18 months he may go or he may stay. But I call major bullshit on any of these tossers in the media who claim to have the inside running.

Easts to win.
          This post made my nipples hard.

Damn well said.

SBW came and went. RTS came and went. And maybe Latrell will come and go, too. But I'm not worried because this is the Trent Robinson era.

This is a truly golden age to be a Roosters fan - up there alongside 1911-13, 1935-37, and 1974-75 - so rather than get bogged down in all the Latrell rumours I'm just gonna enjoy watching what may go down as the greatest club side of the NRL era.

I go into every game totally expecting to thrash our sorry opponents. But more than that I've come to expect to see something spectacular every week: the crazy team try vs Brisbane, the Keary kick to Latrell on HT vs the Sharks, the insane draw and pass from Manu with the Ikuvalu finish in the same game; and the genius from Latrell vs Melbourne and Wests

The forwards are almost all in career best form too with the likes of SST, JWH, Cords and Liu scything through defensive lines. Aubo just goes from strength to strength, too.

And then there's the youngsters who just keep rolling off the production line - Radley with the big hits and footy smarts, and now also the newer brigade led by Sitili with the Soul Glo.

Oh and then there's that Teddy fella at the back who'll finish his career as our greatest ever fullback. Every time he touches the ball you're on the edge of your seat.

So I only have minimal energy to spare on the rumours and innuendo surrounding Latrell's future because I'm too busy enjoying every moment of a season that the club may one day look back on as our greatest of the 21st century.

Comment

• That’s a great perspective Tommy, personally for mine I enjoyed 1911-13 the most. We were a new club and sticking it up the likes of Souths, Balmain and Glebe was special.

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Easts to win.
              Quality Stuff P1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                This post made my nipples hard.

Damn well said.

SBW came and went. RTS came and went. And maybe Latrell will come and go, too. But I'm not worried because this is the Trent Robinson era.

This is a truly golden age to be a Roosters fan - up there alongside 1911-13, 1935-37, and 1974-75 - so rather than get bogged down in all the Latrell rumours I'm just gonna enjoy watching what may go down as the greatest club side of the NRL era.

I go into every game totally expecting to thrash our sorry opponents. But more than that I've come to expect to see something spectacular every week: the crazy team try vs Brisbane, the Keary kick to Latrell on HT vs the Sharks, the insane draw and pass from Manu with the Ikuvalu finish in the same game; and the genius from Latrell vs Melbourne and Wests

The forwards are almost all in career best form too with the likes of SST, JWH, Cords and Liu scything through defensive lines. Aubo just goes from strength to strength, too.

And then there's the youngsters who just keep rolling off the production line - Radley with the big hits and footy smarts, and now also the newer brigade led by Sitili with the Soul Glo.

Oh and then there's that Teddy fella at the back who'll finish his career as our greatest ever fullback. Every time he touches the ball you're on the edge of your seat.

So I only have minimal energy to spare on the rumours and innuendo surrounding Latrell's future because I'm too busy enjoying every moment of a season that the club may one day look back on as our greatest of the 21st century.
                You and Player 1 are so right. I was around in 1975 and went to every game. We were unstoppable that year. This team we have now has the same feel as the 1975 team. Time will tell if they can be that good. But for now we should all enjoy the ride cause it could be the best of times for our great club. These streaks of playing brilliance won’t last forever so while we have it treasure it.

Comment

• My perspective on what's happened:
                  - fact: Latrells had issues with his manager (not clear on exactly what).
                  - appears roosters have advised what he should do on management
                  - based on the above and Latrell being confused off field about this issue, people have blown up the issue bigger than what it actually is
                  - fact: Latrell has said he has no idea where these rumours of him going to souths are coming from. He says he hasn't even discussed his next contract yet with anyone but will in due course
                  - fact: his dad is also amused at the rumors and has been quoted as such. His dad has given the indication he is happy with Latrell at easts but personally loves souths. Latrell has also said he is happy. Thays good enough for me.

Based on Latrell and his dad's comments, the media have indeed made a mountain out of a mole hill. There's nothing to this story of him strongly considering a move to souths. What's now annoying however is that these stories may end up picking steam and nudge figures at souths to make a big play.... im hoping the media just stops making rumours up now and moves on
                  Last edited by Chook Norris; 05-08-2019, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                    My perspective on what's happened:
                    - fact: Latrells had issues with his manager (not clear on exactly what).
                    - appears roosters have advised what he should do on management
                    - based on the above and Latrell being confused off field about this issue, people have blown up the issue bigger than what it actually is
                    - fact: Latrell has said he has no idea where these rumours of him going to souths are coming from. He says he hasn't even discussed his next contract yet with anyone but will in due course
                    - fact: his dad is also amused at the rumors and has been quoted as such. His dad has given the indication he is happy at easts but loves souths. Latrell has also said he is happy. Thays good enough for me.

Based on Latrell and his dad's comments, the media have indeed made a mountain out of a mole hill. There's nothing to this story of him strongly considering a move to souths. What's now annoying however is that these stories may end up picking steam and nudge figures at souths to make a big play.... im hoping the media just stops making rumours up now and moves on
                    Amen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                      This is going to go on for 18 months without any fresh information.

Time to let it go.
                      100%

People underestimate it but this forum is the largest collective voice of Roosters supporters.

When the media are saying Roosters fans are concerned & paranoid where do you think they are looking.

Time to let it go and the media will to.

Enjoy the journey instead of worrying about when it's going to end.

Comment

• Interesting watch on NITV tonight with Latrell. They asked him a few questions about the situation and basically he said he hasn’t negotiated a contract with anyone as of yet. He also said roosters is his home for now and won’t think about contracts until next season. They did ask him which position he wanted to play was it the number 6. Their wasn’t much said basically that he played a lot of junior footy there etc.
                        I was keen on them talking about him wanting to play fullback but it wasn’t spoken about.

As a roosters supporter I would love him to sign an extension right now to shut everyone up. But personally he will go to the market and test the waters. If he wants to play fullback that won’t be at roosters.
                        I think centre suits his game. He can pick his moments. Fullback is too busy. Even Darius can’t keep up with fullbacks of this era. Also centre for longevity, he could break all of those Cam Smith records if he was to stay on the flanks

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                          Paul Crawley on NRL360 tonight said that rival clubs can actually negotiate with Latrell now for 2021 but can’t sign him until November 1. He was adamant that was fact. Also Kent reckons the Roosters are worried and that Robbo saying he didn’t give it oxygen was just spin. It’s a worry cause it seems there are people in his ear telling him he should go to Souths.
                          "Under the NRL's current anti-tampering policy, players can negotiate with rival clubs from November 1 the year before their contract ends."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/14/...ded-contracts/

unsure on the rulings and the specifics, but i think crawleys a ****ing moron
                          Last edited by RoosterFanNZ; 05-07-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

"Under the NRL's current anti-tampering policy, players can negotiate with rival clubs from November 1 the year before their contract ends."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/14/...ded-contracts/

unsure on the rulings and the specifics, but i think crawleys a ****ing moron
                            The direct quote from Crawley was more along the lines of players can receive offers (But no negotiation) even before that 1 year. So essentially, clubs are free to send him offers for 2021 and beyond And there is a possibility some clubs have already started that for 2021 and beyond... unlikely tho

Comment

• Reading the news this morning.It seems the new manager to be is not shopping him around just wants him to go to Souffs. Been that knowing the game .zi would say the manager for sure has been offered a motza on the side to get him there.You either sit back and let it be or you fight back. You know what to do Unc Nick.
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Just watched the Crawley interview on the Fox Sports website and liked how him and Kent ended the segment by doubting whether an extra few dollars from another club would be a sensible compensation for not playing with a club where's he's happy and playing good footy.

Comment

Working...
                                X