No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're happy that you aren't making the calls on the recruitment retention too NSK. Let's hope the club gets this one right

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I’d be ok with that if it meant we kept Latrell and Sitili. But having signed a three year deal on a lot of money I don’t think he is going any time soon.
      I doubt it would be on the clubs radar either, however if Gus were to go, I would think he would have no problems getting the same coin that he is getting from the Roosters. When you think of the stupid money other clubs throw at bog average players, hello Josh Reynolds on $900K and Moses Mbye on $800K, if Crighton was to go, I doubt we would have to foot the bill. I just can't see how we could keep Latrell on say $1.2M and imho that is probably what it would cost to keep him, without having to shed other players. I also think back row is where we are blessed with a lot of depth and I don't think clubs can afford to spend a huge chunk of the salary cap on backrowers.

Comment

• I think you will find that the club is very happy with Angus’ progress and contribution to the team. It’s just us fans who judge him harshly because he isn’t making big metres or line breaks and the offload we all thought he had seems to have disappeared.

Comment

I’d be ok with that if it meant we kept Latrell and Sitili. But having signed a three year deal on a lot of money I don’t think he is going any time soon.
          He would have finished his 2nd year with us next year, and if there isn’t that much value in him by then, I’m sure we could offload him to parra or dogs pretty easily.

Comment

I think you will find that the club is very happy with Angus’ progress and contribution to the team. It’s just us fans who judge him harshly because he isn’t making big metres or line breaks and the offload we all thought he had seems to have disappeared.
            100% correct, though I never thought he had an offload. I just look at the way Cordner hits the ball up and then Crighton and it isn't quite the same. It isn't personal or anything, I just think to keep Latrell we are going to have to make a sacrifice somewhere and I think the back row is where we have the best depth to cover a loss, especially with a guy like Sitli who imho could be anything.

Comment

• A little concerned after watching 100% footy tonight.
              Weiner confirmed Lattrell's family pushing hard for him to go to Souths and is the personal stuff off the field.
              Roosters have spoken to him for change of Manager but time will tell how that pans out.
              Also concerned keeping it close to his chest.
              Wont be happy until he openly states will be staying at the Roosters.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterRooster View Post
                A little concerned after watching 100% footy tonight.
                Weiner confirmed Lattrell's family pushing hard for him to go to Souths and is the personal stuff off the field.
                So not Latrell or Latrell's family but Weidler. Can't get any more official than that.

Comment

• A mate at work is married to Latrells cousin. Asked him today what’s going on, yes they wouldn’t know everything, he was adamant that Latrell loves Easts as does his family as they’ve been treated so well and he’s not going anywhere. Family is amused about the Souths family connection.. yes he’s dad played for them but didn’t feel he was treated well and Easts have done everything they can for them.

Issue is management not the club. What is true he said is that other people are getting in his ear and saying he’s not being paid enough and should be 5/8 or fullback to get it. That’s the hangers on not his family...

Comment

• Latrell's dad loves Souths, but insists son relishing time at Roosters

By Adam Pengilly

Latrell Mitchell's father insists his family loves what the Roosters have done for his son, remaining perplexed about the source of speculation the NRL's brightest star is being encouraged to continue his career at the Rabbitohs.

Mitchell's dad Matt, who played for South Sydney before returning to Taree owing to homesickness, admitted to always being a Bunnies supporter as the Roosters fear their arch-rivals are readying a big play for the 21-year-old. The Australian and NSW star's current Roosters deal ends at the end of the 2020 season.

Mitchell deflected questions over his future after an extraordinary performance against the Tigers at the SCG on Saturday night, one which will only fuel interest from rival clubs with 18 months still left to run on his contract. The Rabbitohs have lost captain Greg Inglis to an early retirement and could have the funds free to make an audacious bid for Mitchell, who has long spoken of his desire to be his own man despite comparisons to Inglis. Asked about the Rabbitohs link, Matt said: "I don't even know who started the rumour.

"He's got a contract with the Roosters and he wants to honour that. His mum and I both love the club and what they've done for him so far. Look what the Roosters have done, they're such a professional organisation. We love his coach [Trent Robinson], he's a good coach.

"No one's even mentioned anything about Souths. I love Souths. That's the team I barrack for, but I've got a soft spot for the Roosters. We love going to games and from the office ladies to the top, they're all lovely people. He's comfortable there."

Mitchell is working through a messy split with his agent, which has prompted the intervention of the Rugby League Players Association as Roosters officials privately worry family members are nudging Mitchell to Redfern.

He is yet to formalise a deal for a new representative, but it hasn't affected his form as he produced a scintillating three-try, 26-point performance to single-handedly destroy the Tigers.

"We've just told him the last couple of weeks to concentrate on footy and everything else will fall into place," Matt said. "[The RLPA] have been good support. He's just bought a house and he's the first one in our family to buy his own home and we're proud of him.

"He's been [at the Roosters] since he was 16 and he said the other day, 'I'm almost one of the seniors now and I think [after] a few more games I might be there'."

Robinson deployed Mitchell at five-eighth earlier this season when Cooper Cronk was out with injury and it is believed he sees his future in a role closer to the ruck where he can get his hands on the ball more often.

Cooper Cronk's imminent retirement will make a halves spot available, perhaps as early as next year, but eighth Immortal Andrew Johns, who has been one of Mitchell's staunchest supporters, has openly declared him a better fit in the centres.
                    Mitchell's dad almost missed the best individual performance of the NRL season owing to a freak occurrence at Taree just moments before kick-off last weekend.

"A minute to go before the [Sea Eagles-Canterbury] game was over there was a blackout in our street," Matt said.

"I had to ring my mate up and say, 'what have you got?' And he said, 'I'm ready'. So I got up there and we didn't miss anything. Thankfully he doesn't live too far away.

"[Latrell's] just enjoying himself and he enjoys having Luke Keary back on that side. Boydy [Cordner] does what Boydy does and it frees up a bit of extra space for the boys. We talked to him before the game and said, 'go out and have fun, mate'. That's what we usually say."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/lat...06-p51khd.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy View Post
                      A mate at work is married to Latrells cousin. Asked him today what’s going on, yes they wouldn’t know everything, he was adamant that Latrell loves Easts as does his family as they’ve been treated so well and he’s not going anywhere. Family is amused about the Souths family connection.. yes he’s dad played for them but didn’t feel he was treated well and Easts have done everything they can for them.

Issue is management not the club. What is true he said is that other people are getting in his ear and saying he’s not being paid enough and should be 5/8 or fullback to get it. That’s the hangers on not his family...
                      This story echoes your post

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...12e9d060cf0d54

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy View Post
                        A mate at work is married to Latrells cousin. Asked him today what’s going on, yes they wouldn’t know everything, he was adamant that Latrell loves Easts as does his family as they’ve been treated so well and he’s not going anywhere. Family is amused about the Souths family connection.. yes he’s dad played for them but didn’t feel he was treated well and Easts have done everything they can for them.

Didn't his dad leave Souffs after they mismanaged him and left him in a circumstance where his only place to sleep at night was down at the beach, covered in sand for warmth?

I don't buy the idea that his family's loyal to Souffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Didn't his dad leave Souffs after they mismanaged him and left him in a circumstance where his only place to sleep at night was down at the beach, covered in sand for warmth?

I don't buy the idea that his family's loyal to Souffs.
                          his father did say he loves souths, but he loves the roosters for what theyve done for latrell

Comment

• Gday First post but long , long time Roosters Fan , cant help but notice no one seems to be talking about when Cooper retires , that should leave massive amounts to keep Latrell.
                            Latrells contract ends 2020 and even if Cooper plays another year which hope he does , it should all be ok . The way Latrell is playing he is obviously happy with the Roosters I think the Roosters will do everything to keep him. Ps great site and thanks ,

Comment

• Originally posted by woftam View Post
                              Gday First post but long , long time Roosters Fan , cant help but notice no one seems to be talking about when Cooper retires , that should leave massive amounts to keep Latrell.
                              Latrells contract ends 2020 and even if Cooper plays another year which hope he does , it should all be ok . The way Latrell is playing he is obviously happy with the Roosters I think the Roosters will do everything to keep him. Ps great site and thanks ,
                              Welcome aboard!

The GF performance showed the club the way forward.

I absolutely agree that Cooper's reputed 1m should go entirely towards retaining and upgrading the likes of Latrell, Joey, Sitili, Tauks and Curran.

Either we back Latrell to transition to 5/8 or we give Lam a good crack. Ether way the solution is within the club and we'd still be a major Premiership threat.

Comment

• Paul Crawley on NRL360 tonight said that rival clubs can actually negotiate with Latrell now for 2021 but can’t sign him until November 1. He was adamant that was fact. Also Kent reckons the Roosters are worried and that Robbo saying he didn’t give it oxygen was just spin. It’s a worry cause it seems there are people in his ear telling him he should go to Souths.

Comment

Working...
                                X