Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    I think it's sad that we have to deal with the rumours of Latrell staying or going when he still has 18 months to go on his contract.

It'll be getting like US Presidential elections soon where it's spoken about 2-3 years in advance!

I'm confident he'll stay but you never know. Footy players do dumb things - see RTS.
    Yeah lots of money but having to go to work every week with dumb coworkers at the worriers.

thats why they say money isn’t everything.

Comment

• SHOOSH II

Latrell Mitchell is not only the most sought after player among the NRL clubs for when he comes off contract next year. No fewer than 10 managers are bidding for his services following his split from old agent, Steve Deacon.

EELS SERIOUS ABOUT LATRELL

If superstar centre Latrell Mitchell leaves the Sydney Roosters at the end of next season, it won’t necessarily mean he’s heading to South Sydney.

We’re told Parramatta will also be a serious player in negotiations. It’s one of the reasons why the Eels are refusing to pay “overs” to keep any of their current squad, including fullback and skipper Clint Gutherson.

With 16 players coming off contract, the Eels have the biggest war chest in the game. They’re waiting for Mitchell to sort out his management issues before making a move.

Comment

• https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cra...04-p51k4s.html

What a load of horse shit

Cracks opening in relationship between Latrell Mitchell and Roosters

By Danny Weidler

Before he retired, Greg Inglis had a simple piece of advice for Latrell Mitchell: ‘‘Be your own man.’’
        It was said in the heart of Roosters territory at Bondi Icebergs and it was said before the pair were going to clash in round one. It was said when Inglis was still a player and Mitchell was being called the next Greg Inglis.

Our item last week where we revealed the Roosters feared Souths were preparing to make a big play for the star centre has gained significant traction and momentum. Some have dismissed it, but those who are aware of the issues Mitchell is dealing with know that there is plenty going on behind the scenes. Right now there is a crack in the relationship between Mitchell and the Roosters.There is plenty going on behind the scenes at the Roosters with Latrell Mitchell. You can be sure the Roosters will treat Mitchell with all the love and respect that he deserves – as the best and most exciting young player in the game.

The club knows there are external forces telling Mitchell that to reach his true potential as a player and to make the money that he deserves, he needs to be playing fullback. That won’t happen at the Roosters. Not while James Tedesco is at the club. And Tedesco said during the week in an interview with Channel Nine news that he wants to play out the rest of his career at the Bondi club. That may explain why Mitchell is showing interest in a permanent move to five-eighth when Luke Keary moves in to play half after Cooper Cronk calls it quits. Beyond positional considerations, there are family pressures weighing on Mitchell: a constant theme is that family members have a genuine fondness for South Sydney.

There is also a feeling from the Mitchell family that not enough was done by the Roosters for Latrell’s brother Shaq, a young forward with loads of potential. His issues were weight and injury.

The Roosters will say – and provide evidence – that they did everything possible to help Shaq make it in the big time. The last we heard, he injured himself in a local NFL tryout when he was thinking of giving American football a crack. The Roosters have monitored his life and they provided help with a job he was trying to get.

Latrell is also in the middle of a split from his long-time agent, Steve Deacon, the former Easts centre. This issue was discussed by Roosters officials during the week. The Roosters fear Mitchell will link up with agent Matt Rose – a close friend of Mitchell, who also does fight promotion.

Mitchell was at the weigh-in when Paul Gallen fought John Hopoate. He just hung out in a corner of the room and politely declined interview requests. The theory is that if Rose takes charge of his career, Mitchell will end up at Souths. The Rabbitohs are privately hoping that is what happens.
        But that’s not to say Rose has a great relationship with Souths officials, although his biggest star, Cody Walker, is at the club.

Wayde Rushton, who manages Kalyn Ponga, is another being mentioned as a potential agent.

The Mitchell case certainly is a fascinating one. It’s a tribute to his ability that he is still managing to star on the field.

Comment

• I guess player tampering before November 1st is now legal then.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
            https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cra...04-p51k4s.html

What a load of horse shit

Cracks opening in relationship between Latrell Mitchell and Roosters

By Danny Weidler

Before he retired, Greg Inglis had a simple piece of advice for Latrell Mitchell: ‘‘Be your own man.’’
            It was said in the heart of Roosters territory at Bondi Icebergs and it was said before the pair were going to clash in round one. It was said when Inglis was still a player and Mitchell was being called the next Greg Inglis.

Our item last week where we revealed the Roosters feared Souths were preparing to make a big play for the star centre has gained significant traction and momentum. Some have dismissed it, but those who are aware of the issues Mitchell is dealing with know that there is plenty going on behind the scenes. Right now there is a crack in the relationship between Mitchell and the Roosters.There is plenty going on behind the scenes at the Roosters with Latrell Mitchell. You can be sure the Roosters will treat Mitchell with all the love and respect that he deserves – as the best and most exciting young player in the game.

The club knows there are external forces telling Mitchell that to reach his true potential as a player and to make the money that he deserves, he needs to be playing fullback. That won’t happen at the Roosters. Not while James Tedesco is at the club. And Tedesco said during the week in an interview with Channel Nine news that he wants to play out the rest of his career at the Bondi club. That may explain why Mitchell is showing interest in a permanent move to five-eighth when Luke Keary moves in to play half after Cooper Cronk calls it quits. Beyond positional considerations, there are family pressures weighing on Mitchell: a constant theme is that family members have a genuine fondness for South Sydney.

There is also a feeling from the Mitchell family that not enough was done by the Roosters for Latrell’s brother Shaq, a young forward with loads of potential. His issues were weight and injury.

The Roosters will say – and provide evidence – that they did everything possible to help Shaq make it in the big time. The last we heard, he injured himself in a local NFL tryout when he was thinking of giving American football a crack. The Roosters have monitored his life and they provided help with a job he was trying to get.

Latrell is also in the middle of a split from his long-time agent, Steve Deacon, the former Easts centre. This issue was discussed by Roosters officials during the week. The Roosters fear Mitchell will link up with agent Matt Rose – a close friend of Mitchell, who also does fight promotion.

Mitchell was at the weigh-in when Paul Gallen fought John Hopoate. He just hung out in a corner of the room and politely declined interview requests. The theory is that if Rose takes charge of his career, Mitchell will end up at Souths. The Rabbitohs are privately hoping that is what happens.
            But that’s not to say Rose has a great relationship with Souths officials, although his biggest star, Cody Walker, is at the club.

Wayde Rushton, who manages Kalyn Ponga, is another being mentioned as a potential agent.

The Mitchell case certainly is a fascinating one. It’s a tribute to his ability that he is still managing to star on the field.
            So Webster isn't the only hired slut Fat Richo has on his payroll.

Weidler and Webster - gotta love the Fairfax SMH moniker - "Independent - Always".

LOL.

Both of these guys really must love the taste of Richo's ball sweat.

Latrell ain't going anywhere.

But you just gotta love the hate!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Incorrect. Latrell alluded to an issue affected his mind set. He never said it had anything to do with his manager or contract situation. Listen closely next time before coming on here and stating something that’s not true.
              You obviously missed my point. From November 1 other clubs can legally negotiate with him. Is that not true? My other point was that until he has sorted out his management is makes it impossible for the club to upgrade and/or extend his contract. Do you disagree with that also? I was only saying that the issue he is having with his management is probably weighing on his mind and could be the personal problem he is having. I think I am entitled to voice my opinion the same as you and everyone else on this forum and I don’t appreciate you attacking me for having my say. I reintegrate that it is my opinion. I didn’t state it was fact. So maybe you should read more closely before you have a go at people.

Comment

• i know there is a lot of water to go under the bridge and noone really knows what is happening at the moment, but the interview was bad on latrells part, i've seen players shut down speculation before, latrell did not do that , at least not convincingly. so worst case scenario he leaves, in that case manu stays, that is not so bad, but who would we target to keep us on top? i see jack wighton has been mentioned in dispatches, imagine what he could do with robbos coaching and structures. the other one and granted a bit risky at the moment because he is playing crap currently but jack bird ?? injury prone but gee if he gets back to cronulla 16/17 form, or maybe a waqa blake ? ill take that .just thoughts given worst case scenario eventuates with latrell .

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                  i know there is a lot of water to go under the bridge and noone really knows what is happening at the moment, but the interview was bad on latrells part, i've seen players shut down speculation before, latrell did not do that , at least not convincingly. so worst case scenario he leaves, in that case manu stays, that is not so bad, but who would we target to keep us on top? i see jack wighton has been mentioned in dispatches, imagine what he could do with robbos coaching and structures. the other one and granted a bit risky at the moment because he is playing crap currently but jack bird ?? injury prone but gee if he gets back to cronulla 16/17 form, or maybe a waqa blake ? ill take that .just thoughts given worst case scenario eventuates with latrell .
                  You are talking about replacing the latest Ferrari with a 1970s Datsun.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

You obviously missed my point. From November 1 other clubs can legally negotiate with him. Is that not true? My other point was that until he has sorted out his management is makes it impossible for the club to upgrade and/or extend his contract. Do you disagree with that also? I was only saying that the issue he is having with his management is probably weighing on his mind and could be the personal problem he is having. I think I am entitled to voice my opinion the same as you and everyone else on this forum and I don’t appreciate you attacking me for having my say. I reintegrate that it is my opinion. I didn’t state it was fact. So maybe you should read more closely before you have a go at people.
                    Not having a go and I apologise if you thought this. Just stated that your comment was incorrect. You don’t know what is weighing on his mind. How do you know it’s not an issue unrelated to footy. Simply, you don’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Yes but he's hardly going to say anything now before his next contract is secured.
                      I think so too.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Not having a go and I apologise if you thought this. Just stated that your comment was incorrect. You don’t know what is weighing on his mind. How do you know it’s not an issue unrelated to footy. Simply, you don’t.
                        Like I said it’s only my opinion and I am entitled to voice it. I never said I could read his mind. I have already said in an earlier post it could be something unrelated to Footy if you checked.

Comment

• Very distressing Wiedler piece in today’s Herald. Has the ring of truth about it. Family are Souths fans who want him to earn big money playing fullback. Disappointed at perceived mistreatment of his brother by Chooks.

Comment

• I’m weighing out of this conversation.

Rumouring can’t help the situation

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                              Very distressing Wiedler piece in today’s Herald. Has the ring of truth about it. Family are Souths fans who want him to earn big money playing fullback. Disappointed at perceived mistreatment of his brother by Chooks.
                              It has the ring of bullshit to me. What you'd normally find around, Weidler, its arsehole author.
                              Last edited by Spirit of 66; 05-05-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                                Very distressing Wiedler piece in today’s Herald. Has the ring of truth about it. Family are Souths fans who want him to earn big money playing fullback. Disappointed at perceived mistreatment of his brother by Chooks.
                                THIS, on the other hand, has the "ring of truth about it":

​​​​​​"I am contracted to 2020 and I am just happy to be here and play out my years and then when it comes to negotiating we will talk," Mitchell said. "Now I just want to keep playing footy and not have to worry about other rumours going around that people are making up.

"I see those things and I know they are not true. I honestly wasn't even thinking about Souths. I don't know where that has come from.

Comment

Working...
                                X