Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smee View Post

If there is a good culture at the Roosters, which I believe there is he'll stay. Barring some massive cap rorting offer from $ouff$ (which wouldn't surprise me).
    I felt in the presser Robbo was playing the loyalty card. Hope they are prepared to offer him decent money as well. You would think after the RTS debacle they would.

Comment

• Here's one from left field and it's not a rumour or anything I've heard just a random thought......Israel Folau to replace Inglis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
        Here's one from left field and it's not a rumour or anything I've heard just a random thought......Israel Folau to replace Inglis?
        Won’t fit in there cause he doesn’t drink.

Comment

• i bet if latrell were to ask rts if he regrets leaving the answer would be yes...i think we still would have won last year with rts at the back. latrell seems a little confused , sounds like he is getting bad advice imo, i hope some sensible people get in his ear and sanity prevails and he remains a rooster.

Comment

• Rival NRL clubs are lining up to swoop on Latrell Mitchell as an ugly management dispute makes it increasingly difficult for the young Sydney Roosters superstar to keep his focus on football.

The Roosters are genuinely worried about growing speculation linking Mitchell to arch rivals South Sydney because of the Redfern club’s close links to the Indigenous community.

But The Saturday Telegraph has been told that the Rabbitohs aren’t the Roosters’ only danger, with several clubs not backward in coming forward to make their intentions known.

Mitchell has been dealing with a messy bust-up with his agent Steve Deacon since before the start of the season. 222_Mar19_TEQ_Magic Round_DigitalTile_650x90.jpg
            Mitchell and Deacon are said to have had a good relationship and Deacon has been widely commended for the help and guidance he has given Mitchell throughout the early part of his career.

But what is understood to have been initially a trivial dispute has now developed into a bitter divide.

Mitchell, 21, recently called on the Rugby League Players’ Association to assist with legal help, and the RLPA’s general manager of legal and player representation Adrian Turner has been dealing with the NRL’s agent accreditation scheme head Paul Massey to try and work out a private commercial settlement.

Deacon could not be contacted on Friday, while Turner and Massey weren’t prepared to make comment.

However, it is believed a settlement offer has been put forward that is being considered, although there is still a fear this could end up in the courts.

LISTEN! Matty reveals the biggest lie he ever told coach, the song he can’t get out of his head, an Origin rumour that won’t go away and what it’s like to have a video session under Tommy Raudonikis. Don’t miss this week’s episode of the Matty Johns podcast.

It has been previously reported that Mitchell is keen to link with boxing promoter Matt Rose but The Saturday Telegraph understands several other agents are also offering up their services, which is only further confusing the young star.

An even bigger issue for the Roosters is that the publicity surrounding Mitchell’s management dispute has also notified rival clubs of the situation.

It is understood some, not necessarily South Sydney, have made no secret of their intentions to throw big money at the boom centre to try and lure him away from Bondi in 2021.

While Mitchell is signed with the Roosters until the end of 2020, under NRL guidelines rival clubs are allowed to express interest as long as no deal is entered into before November 1 this year. Mitchell has been in top form this season. Photo by Scott Barbour/Getty Images.
            That is putting extra heat on the Roosters to try and get Mitchell’s future sorted out sooner rather than later, but until the management issue is finalised it is hard to move forward.

What all this uncertainty is said to be doing is tormenting Mitchell and taking his focus away from what he does best, play football.

Mitchell is said to be showing signs of anguish as he gets pulled in different directions, and it is understandable.

Mitchell is believed to be on a contract worth $600,000 for this season at the Roosters that will be bumped up to $700,000 next year.

Beyond that Mitchell will have to make a choice — and as history shows, taking the biggest offer is not always the safe bet when it comes to young players realising their full potential.

Mitchell could pretty much name his price if he is willing to gamble his career at a lesser club looking to make him their marquee man. The big Rooster is one of the best centres in the game. AAP Image/Craig Golding.
            But while the Roosters would struggle to match the money on offer elsewhere because of salary cap restraints, the Roosters’ trump card is that Mitchell has a great relationship with Trent Robinson and the club’s success on and off the field also offers a better opportunity to build on his own career.

The NRL has no shortage of examples of young players who took the big money only to see their football suffer as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
              Robbo doesn’t seem too concerned in the Captains Run presser, although he’s not giving too much away he said Latrell is here for this year and next. I still wish we could get him extended beyond that. Same goes for Joey.
              I reckon we’ll let him go.

Time will tell whether that’s an RTS-lever error (recoverable) or a Penrith shedding Freddy error (diabolical).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

I reckon we’ll let him go.

Time will tell whether that’s an RTS-lever error (recoverable) or a Penrith shedding Freddy error (diabolical).
                he is not brad fittler, not close, not in the same sentence

Comment

• At least we know what the issues that Lattrell has alluded to are now I guess.

I'd hate to lose him as we developed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    At least we know what the issues that Lattrell has alluded to are now I guess.

I'd hate to lose him as we developed him.
                    We take a lot more quality than we develop though, so that part doesn’t bother me, we wouldn’t have gotten far without the likes of teddy, which would be killing tigers supporters every time they seen him play for us.

If he goes anywhere, I hope it is Souths, those matches would be epic, and manu v latrell would be the side show.

Comment

• 6 months to get a contract extension before all the other clubs can throw a bucket of money at him. Surely he can sort out the manager situation well before then. As he has said himself it’s affecting his game atm. Hope it’s sooner than later. Let’s not drop the ball when it comes to Joey in all this noise. We definitely want to keep him going forward.

Comment

• am i missing something here, why does latrells issue with his manager affect his happiness at the roosters ? or is it just that people are in his ear telling him to go to souths ?

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

We take a lot more quality than we develop though, so that part doesn’t bother me, we wouldn’t have gotten far without the likes of teddy, which would be killing tigers supporters every time they seen him play for us.

If he goes anywhere, I hope it is Souths, those matches would be epic, and manu v latrell would be the side show.
                          I think we would still be top of the tree without Ted mate. And disagree that we take more than we develop...although you would have plenty of friends who support other clubs with that comment.

Comment

• One thing Latrell's management problem indicates is that even an out and out star like Latrell needs the security of knowing where he stands. He has that with us. He's grown up here and has become an international. So long as we pay him well, why would he want to throw that away.

Comment

• > What all this uncertainty is said to be doing is tormenting Mitchell and taking his focus away from what he does best, play football.

Funny, he's in career best form and keeps getting better.

> The big Rooster is one of the best centres in the game.

No shyte!!!

> Mitchell is believed to be on a contract worth $600,000 for this season at the Roosters that will be bumped up to $700,000 next year.

> The NRL has no shortage of examples of young players who took the big money only to see their football suffer as a result.

Ignoring the fact those figures are made up, he's hit the stage RTS did. While I'm sure the media would like a drama I'm sure he's more than capable of making up his own mind (being a millionaire by 21 who's in line for biiig $$$ contracts for years to come). A decision will be made in due course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I think we would still be top of the tree without Ted mate. And disagree that we take more than we develop...although you would have plenty of friends who support other clubs with that comment.
                                Haha, I didn’t mean we take more than we develop, I meant we pick the cream like teddy,Cronk,keary,Jennings,Maloney, SBW,and JWH, players that teams would hate to lose, only RTS and if latrell was to leave would hurt us in such a way.

Comment

Working...
                                X