Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
    My friend, whom is close to the Aboriginal community in South Sydney, told me that the Bunnies have offered Latrell 1.2m a season ...
    Yeh because it's public amongst the Aboriginal community how much all Indigenous players are paid. Yeh right!

Comment

• It's reported that he wants to play 6. There will be an opening at 6 next year or the year after but there won't be at Souths with Walker there.

I'd prefer him at centre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Yeh because it's public amongst the Aboriginal community how much all Indigenous players are paid. Yeh right!
        I play oztag in Maroubra, with some ex players. I hope his information is wrong, too

Comment

I play oztag in Maroubra, with some ex players. I hope his information is wrong, too
          Offering Latrell anything before November 1st would be entirely illegal too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            Offering Latrell anything before November 1st would be entirely illegal too.
            I'm sure there is more than one way to contact a player, unofficially...

Comment

My friend, whom is close to the Aboriginal community in South Sydney, told me that the Bunnies have offered Latrell 1.2m a season ...
              jesus christ thats a big offer, no wonder he would be thinking about, hopefully we use a large chunk of the cronk money to keep him. sign him to a 10 year 1mil a year. if in the future his standard drops and he is no longer worth it, there will always be teams willing to take him off our hands for the full cost.

I want to keep him no matter what.

Comment

should start our own rumor of Roosters counter offer 1.4m instead. Let me souffs bankrupt itself.

Comment

I'm sure there is more than one way to contact a player, unofficially...
                  Of course there is, but unless the Chooks give Latrell permission to shop himself around, which I doubt they would do, the earliest that the Vermin can table an offer is the end of 2019 and that is for season 2021, after Latrell's contract expires at the end of 2020.

I can't see the Chooks gifting Latrell to the Vermin on a platter, can you? If Trell wants to play for the Vermin he can do so - after 2020. Til then he can focus on the Chooks and if that's a problem for him, North Sydney Bears awaits.
                  Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

If you think $600k is reasonable for Latrell, then you're kidding yourself. He's a genuine superstar and a match winner. He will get much more than that on his next deal. To put it into perspective, Manly have apparently offered Gutherson around the $700k mark, you seriously think we can sign Latrell for $100k less than that?
                    I will give you credit for actually reading my post, which I think was quite measured, but you may have been in such a hurry to criticize it that you missed where I said AT THIS STAGE of his career. I think he is on $500K right now under his present contract, maybe that's unders and he deserves an upgrade, but he is signed til then end of NEXT year at that money. I also think I praised him as a STAR player, who can do brilliant things but still has a lot to improve on. If you think he is worth $1.2 MILLION that's fine , but I disagree for the reasons I also posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post

some of these blokes have no idea mate.
                      And some of us have plenty of idea mate.

Comment

• Despite how good he is, and how much potential he has, Latrell isn’t worth 1.2 mil a season. No one is, at least not yet anyway. I doubt anyone has a salary like that in the NRL. Big, overpaid offers like that are why clubs like the Dogs and the Eels have problems with their roster
                        EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

And some of us have plenty of idea mate.

$600K might get you someone like Jarrod Croker.. Might..

Comment

• Assuming the Roosters would never contemplate releasing Latrell before 2021, they do have a bit of an advantage in the negotiations - upgrading his contract for 2020. I don't know what he's on now, but he could conceivably earn an extra $500-600K next year if he agrees to extend to, say, 2025.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                              Assuming the Roosters would never contemplate releasing Latrell before 2021, they do have a bit of an advantage in the negotiations - upgrading his contract for 2020. I don't know what he's on now, but he could conceivably earn an extra $500-600K next year if he agrees to extend to, say, 2025.
                              This is what i believe will happen with a 3 year extention
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
                                Despite how good he is, and how much potential he has, Latrell isn’t worth 1.2 mil a season. No one is, at least not yet anyway. I doubt anyone has a salary like that in the NRL. Big, overpaid offers like that are why clubs like the Dogs and the Eels have problems with their roster
                                I agree, and think we are getting worth, and market value mixed up. He is not worth the above figure when we are paying less for Cronk, and Storm are probably paying less for Smith.

His market value might be around that, as silly clubs will pay silly amounts, like Titans paying a reported $1m for Ash Taylor.

We are also probably jumping at ghosts as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X