Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

If you think $600k is reasonable for Latrell, then you're kidding yourself. He's a genuine superstar and a match winner. He will get much more than that on his next deal. To put it into perspective, Manly have apparently offered Gutherson around the $700k mark, you seriously think we can sign Latrell for $100k less than that?
    Lets be honest here Latrell is a fantastic centre, he has some real moments of brilliance but he's no Fullback or 5/8, he doesn't get involved enough and he makes ALOT of defensive errors and he's no Million dollar player.. If Manly are stupid enough to pay overs for Gutherson that's up to them but remember he's a fullback not the best but also not the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

Lets be honest here Latrell is a fantastic centre, he has some real moments of brilliance but he's no Fullback or 5/8, he doesn't get involved enough and he makes ALOT of defensive errors and he's no Million dollar player.. If Manly are stupid enough to pay overs for Gutherson that's up to them but remember he's a fullback not the best but also not the worst.
      Are you kidding?

Comment

• I wish I didn't care about possibly losing him. But I do. He's lethal.

Comment

Fully agree, at this stage in his career Mitchell should be on around $750k max.

Yes he can be a match winner but one blinder every 10 does not equal a million dollar center, we are not the Eels.

Comment

• Mate he's been brilliant pretty much every game this year.

Comment

• I’d hate to lose him but I said it after the Souths game that I noticed Inglis getting very friendly with him, chatting, laughing etc.... maybe I read too much into it but if he wants to go and we don’t release him, his form will drop and he will cost us games.
              We should , and I’m sure the people running the club know what he’s worth, offer him a very good contract which should set him and his family up for life and afford him the stability he needs to achieve his potential as a future star.

Comment

• For starters we are talking about a contract extension for 2021 onwards. So take that into account when we are estimating what he is worth. I know we don’t back end contracts but you would have to think in 2021 he would be worth around the $1million mark. He is only going to get better as time goes on. Which is very scary. People have some vision and realise the players we probably won’t have in 2021. We need to keep him. He can play anywhere in the backline and he is a goalkicker. He is a super star now. Imagine how good he will be in 2 years time.

Comment

• And now some are talking about him wanting to go immediately!?

He spoke to Inglis. They were smiling. That’s it, it’s confirmed. He’s leaving for Souths today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

Are you kidding?
                    Kidding about what exactly ? All I am saying about Latrell is that I don't think he's a Million dollar player if you think he is and if you think the club should be paying a Million for a Centre that's your call but for mine I would prefer my Million dollars going to a player that has his hands on the ball alot more than Latrell does. Yes he does some brilliant stuff but he goes missing, his defensive reads could be alot better, he's no 5/8 atm and doersnt have the work ethic to be a Fullback atm, Now when his contract comes up and he has made the improvements in his game that he needs to then he may be that Million dollar player... At the moment the media is blowing alot of hot air about him being this and that but he still has alot of work to do.

Comment

• A player is worth whatever the market place says he's worth. If Latrell becomes a free agent, he will easily find somebody to pay him $1m per season.

Comment

Kidding about what exactly ? All I am saying about Latrell is that I don't think he's a Million dollar player if you think he is and if you think the club should be paying a Million for a Centre that's your call but for mine I would prefer my Million dollars going to a player that has his hands on the ball alot more than Latrell does. Yes he does some brilliant stuff but he goes missing, his defensive reads could be alot better, he's no 5/8 atm and doersnt have the work ethic to be a Fullback atm, Now when his contract comes up and he has made the improvements in his game that he needs to then he may be that Million dollar player... At the moment the media is blowing alot of hot air about him being this and that but he still has alot of work to do.
                        He is what turning 22...achieved plenty, has more tricks and ability ive seen in a long time.A fan favourite ...people go to watch him ...Yep just like RTS everyone wrote him off ..He joined a shit club but he is still one of the best backs.
                        Latrell is a match winner.
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

If you think $600k is reasonable for Latrell, then you're kidding yourself. He's a genuine superstar and a match winner. He will get much more than that on his next deal. To put it into perspective, Manly have apparently offered Gutherson around the $700k mark, you seriously think we can sign Latrell for $100k less than that?
                          some of these blokes have no idea mate.
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post

He is what turning 22...achieved plenty, has more tricks and ability ive seen in a long time.A fan favourite ...people go to watch him ...Yep just like RTS everyone wrote him off ..He joined a shit club but he is still one of the best backs.
                            Did i write him off ? Did i say he hadn't acheived ? Did I even imply he wasn't a fan favourite ? My point was I think he still has alot of improvement left in him and when he does he will be that Million dollar player.

Comment

• My friend, whom is close to the Aboriginal community in South Sydney, told me that the Bunnies have offered Latrell 1.2m a season ...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Not to mention a goal kicker who kicks at close to 80%.

Comment

Working...
                                X