Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Im not sure of the ages of some of the other Chookpen members here but take it from a old Roosters supporter- these ARE the great years and YOU are living it so ENJOY the ride !!! If you had to put up with some of the crap of the 80s and 90s era you will know where im coming from
    True! Now I know how Parra fans must have felt in 81-83 with their great backline.

Tedesco < Taylor
    Toops > Grothe
    Mitchell < Cronin (admittedly based on future potential as well as what he has achieved so far in a short career)
    Manu > Ella
    Morris < Liddiard (shame we couldn't keep Fergo)
    Keary > Kenny
    Cronk < Sterling (giving it to Cronk after switching clubs late and helping us win with a busted shoulder)

If injuries are kind and taking our opposition into account, the 3peat is on! So enjoy it well it lasts and worry about what certain players will do when the time comes because nothing lasts forever.

Comment

Originally posted by chicka View Post

True! Now I know how Parra fans must have felt in 81-83 with their great backline.

Tedesco < Taylor
      Toops > Grothe
      Mitchell < Cronin (admittedly based on future potential as well as what he has achieved so far in a short career)
      Manu > Ella
      Morris < Liddiard (shame we couldn't keep Fergo)
      Keary > Kenny
      Cronk < Sterling (giving it to Cronk after switching clubs late and helping us win with a busted shoulder)

If injuries are kind and taking our opposition into account, the 3peat is on! So enjoy it well it lasts and worry about what certain players will do when the time comes because nothing lasts forever.
      Threepeat?! Let’s just worry about this weeks game first...

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Threepeat?! Let’s just worry about this weeks game first...
        lol... 5 or so years ago on my last Business trip to China I went up north on the Russian border to some super gigantic Budhist temple etc....by the time you got to the top ...inmy case needed oxygen mask...you get to write on a wooden plates one of my wished was Roosters 3 premierships in a row .... amongst about 6 wishes so far only one wish has come true .Got a pic somewhere.
        Funniest part at the bottom was a gigantic statue of hand ..I asked the girl my guide what was it on honor for? she didnt know so I said ok then it must be the statue of happy endings...hehe
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
          Joey manu to the warriors in 2021.
          Daris Boyd mid season transfer to souffs.
          LOL@SOUFFS

would sad to see Manu leaving our great club for the Worriers. Like Trent say in his 50th tribute, Manu is a humble person, I can't see him chasing big money to join other clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
            i dont think you can justify giving a centre a million a year. i know mitchell is devastating but that type of money to a centre can put your team cap out of whack. i dont know the solution id hate to lose latrell or manu but keary is due an upgrade next contract, teddy is a superstar and a mill a year, unless latrell can make a decent fist of 5/8 or a position which can justify big $ , we wont give him a million a year. when you think about it carefully as well whatever you give latrell you should give to joey, he is not as devastating, but equally as dangerous, more a ninja then a bulldozer , and possibly more consistent ??
            So true.

Comment

random rooster i know and feel exactly what you say, these are indeed golden years for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                Adam O'brien to the Knights in 2020. Brownie gooone.
                Doesn't he have a clause in his contract that he must stay for atleast 2 years of his deal with us ?

Comment

I feel like Latrell is the decoy, clubs will make 'bids' to drive up the price knowing he's no chance of leaving the Roosters and then they will come in hard for Joey Manu.

I actually think the tactic needs to be to lock up Joey first and then Latrell.

People saying we can't have both are mad. Of course we can. Just means we will need to be very lean in regards to what we spend on the rest of our squad which we already do a good job of.

I dont think Latrell will get a million either, not unless a club wants to take a chance on him transitioning back to fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

Doesn't he have a clause in his contract that he must stay for atleast 2 years of his deal with us ?
                    I don't think any well run club will stand in the way of their assistant coach getting a head coaching role elsewhere if they managed to jag a head coaching role somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ConGa View Post

LOL@SOUFFS

would sad to see Manu leaving our great club for the Worriers. Like Trent say in his 50th tribute, Manu is a humble person, I can't see him chasing big money to join other clubs.
                      Humble people like money too. His reaction to money is what determines whether he is humble or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        I feel like Latrell is the decoy, clubs will make 'bids' to drive up the price knowing he's no chance of leaving the Roosters and then they will come in hard for Joey Manu.

I actually think the tactic needs to be to lock up Joey first and then Latrell.

People saying we can't have both are mad. Of course we can. Just means we will need to be very lean in regards to what we spend on the rest of our squad which we already do a good job of.

I dont think Latrell will get a million either, not unless a club wants to take a chance on him transitioning back to fullback.
                        ar we not 600 grand ..roughly under the cap now?...Morris will be gone I think ..was it one year.. Cronk most likely .thats about 1.4 mill there ....if we win the comp again..who knows ..Maubs may retire..maybe Friendy... How long is the pom here for? .
                        Will Keary move to half and Latrell to 5/8th as what Latty wants ?.. If we had to we could and would like not to move on Teddy? theres anothger mill ..Latty to fullback.
                        I think we need to move mountains to keep Latty and Manu.
                        Maybe Toups could be moved on and in comes a cheaper Billy Smith (eat ya heart out St George) Mind you I tell my Saints mates that he is the old Saints halfs grandson and they are dirty as hell..lol
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

To keep Manu and Latrell, we need to have some bargain players in other positions, eg; Ikavalu being a first choice Winger once Morris goes, Hall perhaps let go to England. Unfortunately one player I was keen on to replace JWH has seen his stocks rise in recent weeks, being Addin Fonua-Blake. He would be much better than TPJ. It will certainly take some creative roster management to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Humble people like money too. His reaction to money is what determines whether he is humble or not.
                            Too true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

ar we not 600 grand ..roughly under the cap now?...Morris will be gone I think ..was it one year.. Cronk most likely .thats about 1.4 mill there ....if we win the comp again..who knows ..Maubs may retire..maybe Friendy... How long is the pom here for? .
                              Will Keary move to half and Latrell to 5/8th as what Latty wants ?.. If we had to we could and would like not to move on Teddy? theres anothger mill ..Latty to fullback.
                              I think we need to move mountains to keep Latty and Manu.
                              Maybe Toups could be moved on and in comes a cheaper Billy Smith (eat ya heart out St George) Mind you I tell my Saints mates that he is the old Saints halfs grandson and they are dirty as hell..lol
                              Morris is on a 2 year deal from memory.

Same with Hall.

Both came to us at low cost.

Does anyone know how far away is Billy Smith from returning from his ACL that he suffered late last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post

Morris is on a 2 year deal from memory.

Same with Hall.

Both came to us at low cost.

Does anyone know how far away is Billy Smith from returning from his ACL that he suffered late last year?
                                ah...I thought Morris was on 1 year....signing those two old bastards may be costly of one of our stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X