Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is Freddy saying we are pissed off with Latrell if the club had decided to give him the week off?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by eddie View Post
      Why is Freddy saying we are pissed off with Latrell if the club had decided to give him the week off?
      Not the sharpest tool....

      Comment


      • Freddy must have found the steps of another cop shop when he picked Walker at No. 6 when Keary was unavailable. He should have stuck with Maloney instead. Walker's service for his outside backs was pathetic and he will not wear the Blue jumper again. All week all we heard from Walker was how he will not stand for the anthem blah blah blah. Like a deer in headlights on the big stage. Will go back to Souths a shattered player and Wayne will have to pump his ego back up. Maybe he will start reading the Koran like his brudda Mundane now for some motivation now lol.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

          Not the sharpest tool....
          Yeah, blunt Freddy aint acting in our best interests.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Sack View Post
            Freddy must have found the steps of another cop shop when he picked Walker at No. 6 when Keary was unavailable. He should have stuck with Maloney instead. Walker's service for his outside backs was pathetic and he will not wear the Blue jumper again. All week all we heard from Walker was how he will not stand for the anthem blah blah blah. Like a deer in headlights on the big stage. Will go back to Souths a shattered player and Wayne will have to pump his ego back up. Maybe he will start reading the Koran like his brudda Mundane now for some motivation now lol.
            Walker does great individual stuff at Souths but is no team man.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Sack View Post
              Freddy must have found the steps of another cop shop when he picked Walker at No. 6 when Keary was unavailable. He should have stuck with Maloney instead. Walker's service for his outside backs was pathetic and he will not wear the Blue jumper again. All week all we heard from Walker was how he will not stand for the anthem blah blah blah. Like a deer in headlights on the big stage. Will go back to Souths a shattered player and Wayne will have to pump his ego back up. Maybe he will start reading the Koran like his brudda Mundane now for some motivation now lol.
              I found it interesting that almost all the indigenous boys who tried to make a political statement by not recognizing the anthem pretty much had bludgers. Almost like their heads were elsewhere. What shame when they could have really stood up on the biggest stage.
              I love porcelain hand dryers.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                I watched the game like everybody else. He was nowhere near as bad as the agenda driven media have said. He had 2 touches of the ball in space, once he slipped over, the other time he nearly scored the match winning try. Hopeless, hopeless service from the halves. Apart from the piece of brilliance by Teddy that led to only 1st half try, Walker and Cleary provided nothing threatening in attack. Cook ran the ball very well, but both he and Cleary had truly abysmal short kicking games near the tryline. Not once did their kicks look like earning a drop out, let alone a try. But yeah, that was all Latrell's fault.

                A few weeks ago he was playing out of his skin - but on that occasion all the media wanted to talk about was him being miserable playing at the roosters instead of where he really should be at Souffs. They had spoken to his 4th cousin who confirmed this to be fact.

                The other night he played inside clueless halves who were nowhere up to the task (that's the team YOU picked Freddy - out coached by Kevvie - dear oh dear) and he is being blamed for everything.

                Again the media want to get inside his head and screw with him, as the last thing they want to see is him playing well enough to help us go back to back.
                And look at how the fawn over two other superkids Ponga and Cleary. They never have a bad game that suggests other "troubles", its always the players or coaches around them with the problem apparently.

                Walker was out of his depth too. But Freddy escapes scutiny all because of injuries to others. Yet that same benefit is not afforded to Walker, there by circumstance.

                I won't go as far to say what I think it seems like.. but the media are treading a very fine line in my opinion.

                Comment


                • Walker like many Souths players does well in the NRL but can't step up. I give him some credit though for not having a hissy fit himself and is handling it well.
                  Fittler I worry is getting even loonier
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                    Walker like many Souths players does well in the NRL but can't step up. I give him some credit though for not having a hissy fit himself and is handling it well.
                    Fittler I worry is getting even loonier
                    I too worry about Freddy and I’m not even convinced he should be coaching at this level.
                    I love porcelain hand dryers.

                    Comment


                    • Blaming the Blues' loss on the fact that some of the indigenous boys didn't sing the national anthem is absurd.

                      You could equally argue that the Maroons won because their indigenous boys didn't sing the anthem.

                      The Blues lost by 4 points at Lang Park (by no means their biggest loss there) and whether or not they sang a song had nothing to do with it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

                        Walker does great individual stuff at Souths but is no team man.
                        That sums him up. Not a team player. Even when he was interviewed after the match it was I, me, I, me.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                          I can understand the frustration by some on here at what Freddie said, and perhaps at the way he said it. However, how many of us on here think the same thing about Latrell atm? As a Roosters great, former captain, and Roosters fan, Freddie is entitled to share his opinions when asked a question
                          Freddy has a shocker on Wed night. He picked a dud squad and lacked the strategic nous to do a job. His bench rotation was diabolical.
                          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

                            I found it interesting that almost all the indigenous boys who tried to make a political statement by not recognizing the anthem pretty much had bludgers. Almost like their heads were elsewhere. What shame when they could have really stood up on the biggest stage.
                            Except for Gagai, Chambers and Addo-Carr, u mean.

                            But it I hear ya - I reckon this might be where some of Freddy’s anger is stemming: if Walker and co were more focussed, perhaps the occasion wouldn’t have got to them. Which has a smidge of merit, but even then it’s a cop-out as in the end it was Freddy and his nepotistic ways that had us ill-equipped to play footy. Not 1 professional coach in his entourage.
                            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

                              Except for Gagai, Chambers and Addo-Carr, u mean.

                              But it I hear ya - I reckon this might be where some of Freddy’s anger is stemming: if Walker and co were more focussed, perhaps the occasion wouldn’t have got to them. Which has a smidge of merit, but even then it’s a cop-out as in the end it was Freddy and his nepotistic ways that had us ill-equipped to play footy. Not 1 professional coach in his entourage.
                              I though Addo-Carr was rather ordinary and Chambers best effort was a hit on a falling Latrell. None were outstanding except for Gagai who is very much entrenched as a regular origin superstar. He could turn up blindfolded and still find the line but let’s face it, he was up against 3-4 other brothers who were well below par.
                              I love porcelain hand dryers.

                              Comment


                              • Fittler is entitled to have his opinion on Latrell, but should not have bought the Roosters into it in any way shape or form.

                                Sad thing is Fittler is using Latrell as a scapegoat for his own selection shocker in placing defensively challenged Walker inside Latrell. Walker should never have been in the side in the first place. His game is just not suited to Origin.

                                And I notice there was no mention in public of the underwhelming performance of the golden boy No. 7. No, instead we have the insistence that he performed very well. Fittler, Gould, Brandy & co have all got his back, and I have no doubt he will be there for the rest of the series, going through the motions and delivering very little.

                                Those looking for Latrell for being consistent from week to week will be waiting a long time and ultimately disappointed. Since he came into grade he has been all over the place from week to week - focused in games for 80 minutes one week, 20 minutes the next, 60 minutes the next. That's Latrell. I suspect Trent and the Chooks know that and accept it for what it is, given his worst is better than many others' best.

                                What Latrell and his manager do need to be careful with is his future. If he decides to leave the Chooks for big money and ends up at a club that doesn't understand him or look out for him like he's been used to, he may come crashing down in a big heap. Latrell has always been high maintenance, and the Chooks have bent over backwards to accommodate him. Another club may not be so flexible.
                                Roll on Season 2017 ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X