Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our national anthem;

"girt by sea, girt by sea", ...dance to the beat!

Girt - is Australian English....we seem to have made it up. lol.
    Girt won't bite you..

With the world going to hell in a handbasket, the US fleet moving into the South China sea to protect the shipping lanes from takeover, US Marines rotating thru Darwin..one could see our anthem as a protest song all right.
    "Advance Australia Fair" indeed...."in history's page let every stage, Advance Australia fair"!
    A protest song, an anthem of defiance, a war dance...whatever.

Play it loud.
    Sing it loud.
    It's who we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVez...&start_radio=1
    Olivia Newton John

Might wanna learn the words...might have to sing it in defiance one day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeFhSzoTuc

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Peter Norman ruined his career that day;

https://www.history.com/news/1968-me...otest-backlash

How the Black Power Protest at the 1968 Olympics Killed Careers

...his show of solidarity ended up destroying Normanís career,
      Yes Norman destroyed his athletics career but grew in the eyes of most to a higher plane than the sort sighted racist Olympic committees.

When Peter died, Tommy Smith and John Carlos flew to Australia to be among his pall-bearers. Some acts of heroism are not forgotten by fellow heroes.

Comment

• I always get goose bumps when I hear this song & it makes me feel like an Aussie.
        I think it would be a good national anthem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I support him in whatever he chooses to do. Those calling it disrespectful are idiots... I mean how dare somebody stand up for social progression when they are at the whipping end of it. Was the 1968 black power salute disrespectful? No, it was fukking iconic and paved the way for a better society...

If one can't see why a stupid song about us all being young (been here 50,000 years mate), free (till you fukkers invaded) and being 'girt by sea' (call me if you've ever used the word 'girt' outside the anthem) then you're a dead set flog. It's not a particularly inspiring song, it's irrelevant to Origin and if indigenous Australians want to highlight how shyte the song is for them (remembering that they were considered an 'inferior race' at the time and weren't counted as part of the census) then good on them. I vote we replace the anthem with some Aussie classics (e.g. Down Under) and fuk the anthem off altogether.

Nobody should be discouraged from speaking up simply because it might offend a privileged majority that hasn't been through what they have. And FFS... most of the game's top players are indigenous!!! If your billion dollar media deal and most of your ticket sales are on the back of watching crafty indigenous players play exciting footy then you MUST support them.
          Like.

Funny how the same people crying about Folauís ďcensorshipĒ are unhappy with the stance of our Indigenous Australians here.
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            I always get goose bumps when I hear this song & it makes me feel like an Aussie.
            Agree with ya Mickie, great song, if I hear this one when I am overseas, the hairs stand up on the back of my neck........
            Originally posted by The Axe View Post
            Very easy to understand Zac so I'll spell it out. Bondi Boy wants Menzies to reincarnate and run the labour party.
            Meanwhile ISM is out looking for Harold Holt and a dingo with a snorkel an digging holes in Griffith wearing an Al Grassby tie

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
              I always get goose bumps when I hear this song & it makes me feel like an Aussie.
              Once I hit the cans big time and tried doing karaoke of that in some pub in Newie (not a hipster one - working class with a heap of tradies and stuff). I didn't realise there were so many words to it, knew none of them, had NFI about the tune and started singing a rap that a mate wrote while stoned instead. The rap has a chorus like - 'bouncin' in the club with my boys bustin' rhymes... niggle on my dick like a rat does cheese'. Fortunately people were too drunk to spot my failings.

Good night and good tune though (the original, not my stoned mate's rap).

Comment

• Latrell hasn't sung it for years and won't be singing it on Wednesday. So long as he doesn't pull out his dick and jack himself off, I don't have a problem with that.

But sorry, I just came into the room, is this a rugby league website?

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                  Latrell hasn't sung it for years and won't be singing it on Wednesday. So long as he doesn't pull out his dick and jack himself off, I don't have a problem with that.

But sorry, I just came into the room, is this a rugby league website?
                  Brilliant

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I support him in whatever he chooses to do. Those calling it disrespectful are idiots... I mean how dare somebody stand up for social progression when they are at the whipping end of it. Was the 1968 black power salute disrespectful? No, it was fukking iconic and paved the way for a better society...

If one can't see why a stupid song about us all being young (been here 50,000 years mate), free (till you fukkers invaded) and being 'girt by sea' (call me if you've ever used the word 'girt' outside the anthem) then you're a dead set flog. It's not a particularly inspiring song, it's irrelevant to Origin and if indigenous Australians want to highlight how shyte the song is for them (remembering that they were considered an 'inferior race' at the time and weren't counted as part of the census) then good on them. I vote we replace the anthem with some Aussie classics (e.g. Down Under) and fuk the anthem off altogether.

Nobody should be discouraged from speaking up simply because it might offend a privileged majority that hasn't been through what they have. And FFS... most of the game's top players are indigenous!!! If your billion dollar media deal and most of your ticket sales are on the back of watching crafty indigenous players play exciting footy then you MUST support them.
                    That's one of your finest contributions, ism. You didn't even go off on a tangent!

Bloody well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      That's one of your finest contributions, ism. You didn't even go off on a tangent!

Bloody well said.
                      Still very long and wordy. Ism must like typing or speaking a lot. I can't seem to read long essays, there must be something wrong with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Bloody well said.
                        Read post #456 if you want a tangent

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

Read post #456 if you want a tangent
                          Itís a fkn worm hole if Mickie and ism are the same bloke
                          Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                            Latrell hasn't sung it for years and won't be singing it on Wednesday.
                            I wouldnít have taken Latrell for an Icehouse fan anyway.

Comment

• Wow only 700 odd more replies and this thread will equal the legendary " Henson Park" thread from the old Roosters Wall days!

Comment

• https://youtu.be/CffGsFbHdZQ
                                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X