No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latrell is a $1million player. Thatís what it will cost to keep him when his contract is extended. He is definitely worth it. I think if we can offer him that amount then I think he will stay. My only concern is I think he might be wanting to play 5/8 down the track and not sure if thatís in Robbos plans. Anyway, players we must keep are Trell, Keary and Teddy. They are the future of our great club. Guys like Jake, Jared, Aubo, Boyd and Toops are very loyal. SioSiua we must try and retain also. Tetevano comes off contract this year too. Hope we resign him soon. We need his experience when players like Jared are out.
    P.S. I have a strong feeling this might end up being Coops last year. I would love it if he stayed longer but it appears now he is grooming Luke to take his position.

Comment

Adam O'brien to the Knights in 2020. Brownie gooone.
      Cronk assistant coach to replace him.
      Lats to resign with the chooks until the end of 2025.
      Joey manu to the warriors in 2021.
      Daris Boyd mid season transfer to souffs.

Comment

We are now in a position where we have the Australian captain, FB, 5/8 and a centre.

Under a $10 million cap with minimum wages...etc you can't pay 4 players $1 million a year. Hate to say it but inevitably business decisions will need to be made at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          We are now in a position where we have the Australian captain, FB, 5/8 and a centre.

Under a $10 million cap with minimum wages...etc you can't pay 4 players $1 million a year. Hate to say it but inevitably business decisions will need to be made at some point.
          The radio on Sunday had a good thing on player managers and Luke Lewis and the bloke who won a comp with the Wests Tigers had a few interesting words to say. One thing was - it's not just about money.

Look at it this way - compared to a few decades ago even the lowest paid players make decent money. So long as you're sensible with what you do with the money you make, you can play with the Roosters at a marginally lower rate, set yourself up for a life of relative comfort, and play for a club without peer, perhaps winning a few comps on the way.

Comment

i dont think you can justify giving a centre a million a year. i know mitchell is devastating but that type of money to a centre can put your team cap out of whack. i dont know the solution id hate to lose latrell or manu but keary is due an upgrade next contract, teddy is a superstar and a mill a year, unless latrell can make a decent fist of 5/8 or a position which can justify big $ , we wont give him a million a year. when you think about it carefully as well whatever you give latrell you should give to joey, he is not as devastating, but equally as dangerous, more a ninja then a bulldozer , and possibly more consistent ??

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Certain players donít just play for the money. Teddy came to us to play finals footy not the big pay packet. He is still signed for another 3 years. Boyd is already signed up for the next 5 years. Kearys next contract will be $1 million but thatís not until 2022. By then the cap will be $12 million. Latrell we wonít lose but in 2021 he will cost $1million. We should be able to keep Trell or Joey. Probably not both. But you never know what motivates players. Itís not always the $ as in Teddys case. We will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Certain players donít just play for the money. Teddy came to us to play finals footy not the big pay packet. He is still signed for another 3 years. Boyd is already signed up for the next 5 years. Kearys next contract will be $1 million but thatís not until 2022. By then the cap will be $12 million. Latrell we wonít lose but in 2021 he will cost $1million. We should be able to keep Trell or Joey. Probably not both. But you never know what motivates players. Itís not always the $ as in Teddys case. We will be ok.
                No he is signed for another 2 years. He signed a 4 year contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                  Adam O'brien to the Knights in 2020. Brownie gooone.
                  Cronk assistant coach to replace him.
                  Lats to resign with the chooks until the end of 2025.
                  Joey manu to the warriors in 2021.
                  Daris Boyd mid season transfer to souffs.
                  I hate you right now Kelby.
                  (see 4th line...)

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

No he is signed for another 2 years. He signed a 4 year contract.
                    Who?

Comment

i really hope joey stays, its bad enough seeing rts at the warriors, i know we ended up with teddy but that was a blunder forsure ...could have given rts jayden nikorima and hastings money in 16, hindsight, i guess pearce not pretending to root the dog may have helped to

Comment

Geez are we that insecure that we are already moaning about the possibility of Souths signing Latrell in 2022? Im sure the club will do everything it can to keep him and im just as sure he wants to stay.....but if he goes, or Manu or anyone else for that matter-then so be it. The ESDRLFC has survived through ALOT worse since 1908 and is bigger than any individual player.

Im not sure of the ages of some of the other Chookpen members here but take it from a old Roosters supporter- these ARE the great years and YOU are living it so ENJOY the ride !!! If you had to put up with some of the crap of the 80s and 90s era you will know where im coming from

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I reckon that Staggs young buck might be a star in his own right
                          I agree, Staggs is looking like a great player

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                            And North Queensland thought they were a certainty to get Valentine Holmes. If Greenberg & co rubber stamp Inglis' salary cap exception Holmes will be off to the Rabbits when he realises he wont make it in the NFL
                            Apparently one of Homes' clauses was that if he returned it would have to be with cronulla so that whoever wanted him (cowbooys) would have to negotiate something with them

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                              Latrell or Manu. Can't have both.
                              Maybe for other clubs. Not us though

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                                Latrell is a $1million player. Thatís what it will cost to keep him when his contract is extended. He is definitely worth it. I think if we can offer him that amount then I think he will stay. My only concern is I think he might be wanting to play 5/8 down the track and not sure if thatís in Robbos plans. Anyway, players we must keep are Trell, Keary and Teddy. They are the future of our great club. Guys like Jake, Jared, Aubo, Boyd and Toops are very loyal. SioSiua we must try and retain also. Tetevano comes off contract this year too. Hope we resign him soon. We need his experience when players like Jared are out.
                                P.S. I have a strong feeling this might end up being Coops last year. I would love it if he stayed longer but it appears now he is grooming Luke to take his position.
                                Think 1 mil might be a bit much for a centre. If keeping both Joey and Latrell meant paying them both a mil don't think its worth it. No player is bigger than the club

Comment

Working...
                                X