Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
    enough said......

    ​​​​​​https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrell...b-3f4754e71f15
    Gus has to make a living and maybe over-exposure is a problem, but he has more rugby league wisdom in his left toe nail than the average punter.

    Apparently Latrell will be on 500k next year, and Gus made the point that that would have seemed a very good deal when he signed it early last year, before his breakout success.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
      Lets give Latrell $1.2, then of course we would have to upgrade Teddy and Keary to the same money. Then Manu and Toops would want at least $800K each, and SST is probably worth $800 if Taumololo is on $1MILLION, add Friend and JWH at $800K each as well, then Radley and Toupouniau well we have to keep them so anther $700 each ? That's NINE MILLION, and we don't have a halfback yet, maybe get a cheap one for $600 and that's our cap GONE. For ELEVEN players Where do we get the money to pay the other 19 ? Or does everyone else happily play for 25% less than they ae worth just to play with Latrell.?
      We have a halfback in Keary. Then Lam to 5/8. Also I have a very strong feeling Coops will retire at the end of this year and that will free up a lot of money to upgrade and extend not just Latrell but quite a few others as well. The club will do everything possible to secure Latrell long term not just for his playing ability but for his marketing potential. He can be the face of the game and he will get the punters through the gates. That alone is worth $1million.

      Comment


      • Keary has signed for this season and the next two, so he'll be 29 when his contracts up next. So we should get the best out of him between now and then, but he may also get top dollar when it comes time to re-sign him because he will be a 2/3/4 time premiership winner, an origin player, Australian player, etc.

        Perhaps we pay Latrell big dollars to keep him, 5/8 money and keep him in the centers. Then just pair Keary with a less experienced half / 5/8 until Latrell is ready.

        Comment


        • After letting fergo go, does that leave Lats and bernie as our only indigenous players in the squad?
          Shoot me down , but is this a problem? Perhaps Lats feels alone?
          We go for Jessie Ramien? Peachey?
          Coops retires.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kelby View Post
            After letting fergo go, does that leave Lats and bernie as our only indigenous players in the squad?
            Shoot me down , but is this a problem? Perhaps Lats feels alone?
            We go for Jessie Ramien? Peachey?
            Coops retires.
            Peachey is a hack, even on his best day. One of the lowest players to wear a blues jersey

            Comment


            • Roosters ready to match mega money offers for Mitchell.

              https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/11/...-for-mitchell/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                After letting fergo go, does that leave Lats and bernie as our only indigenous players in the squad?
                Shoot me down , but is this a problem? Perhaps Lats feels alone?
                We go for Jessie Ramien? Peachey?
                Coops retires.
                https://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...o1twllevt751ub
                That article indicates that Jake Friend has some indigenous connection.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

                  https://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...o1twllevt751ub
                  That article indicates that Jake Friend has some indigenous connection.
                  Funny it's never come out before. Probably BS but, if your family's been here a while, there's a chance you've got some unknown heritage.

                  Comment


                  • With Latrell indicating that he wants to wait until November 1 to start negotiating a deal it implies he will be open to outside offers. Or maybe he is just saying that to end all the talk so he can just play footy. Hope itís the latter and we do a deal with him before November 1.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                      After letting fergo go, does that leave Lats and bernie as our only indigenous players in the squad?
                      Shoot me down , but is this a problem? Perhaps Lats feels alone?
                      We go for Jessie Ramien? Peachey?
                      Coops retires.
                      If the racial background of one's own teammates is an issue then I'd suggest that player take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

                      Not for a moment do I think that is an issue for Latrell btw.

                      Besides he's surrounded by half the Kiwi/Tongan side anyway so there's no shortage of bros in our squad.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                        With Latrell indicating that he wants to wait until November 1 to start negotiating a deal it implies he will be open to outside offers. Or maybe he is just saying that to end all the talk so he can just play footy. Hope itís the latter and we do a deal with him before November 1.
                        Sounds like he wants the biggest bucks on offer. Yes money talks, but i was hoping loyalty, premierships and happiness would count too.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kelby View Post

                          Sounds like he wants the biggest bucks on offer. Yes money talks, but i was hoping loyalty, premierships and happiness would count too.
                          Iím taking it as him just wanting to focus on playing good footy for the Roosters.
                          "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

                          George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

                          Comment


                          • I hope the Chooks also lock down Sitili as well he looks like being a really good one

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BondiBob View Post
                              I hope the Chooks also lock down Sitili as well he looks like being a really good one
                              i like sitili. he is one of those players who just always finds himself in space, which is a skill in itself. id be disappointed if we chased tpj before locking sitili up.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mattyh View Post

                                i like sitili. he is one of those players who just always finds himself in space, which is a skill in itself. id be disappointed if we chased tpj before locking sitili up.
                                Spot on. Sitili looks to me like he is capable of playing big minutes also. I have a huge man crush on ..... no homo

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X