Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

100%

People underestimate it but this forum is the largest collective voice of Roosters supporters.

When the media are saying Roosters fans are concerned & paranoid where do you think they are looking.

Time to let it go and the media will to.

Enjoy the journey instead of worrying about when it's going to end.
    Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if the story came from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post

The direct quote from Crawley was more along the lines of players can receive offers (But no negotiation) even before that 1 year. So essentially, clubs are free to send him offers for 2021 and beyond And there is a possibility some clubs have already started that for 2021 and beyond... unlikely tho
      So making an offer to a player isn't negotiating? Crawley is a knob of the highest order!

Comment

• 'He'll never wear another jersey': Soward slams Latrell speculation
        https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/07/...l-speculation/

Suddenly I love Jamie Soward.

Comment

• The genesis of the issues surrounding Latrell seem to stem with his current standing in the game significantly passing his current contract, there is no shortage of people in his ear telling him he is significantly underpaid on his current contract.

Like it or not whoever ends up as Latrell's new agent/manager is going to make a big difference in whether he stays with the Roosters long term.

Comment

• Should we have upgraded him after the GF? Pretty clear he's a keeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              'He'll never wear another jersey': Soward slams Latrell speculation

Wish he was managing Latrell!!

Comment

• We are where we are because we manage the cap well. We locked in Latrell and Joey to 2021 when their price was lower. I predict that next year he'll get a half million dollar pay rise if he agrees to stay with the Roosters until 2026. Nobody will be able to match what the Roosters will offer, including the filthy vermin.

Comment

• Some thoughts
                  a) can you pay big $$$ ($1M plus) for a centre? My thoughts are generally no, if your going to pay big $$$ it should be for a spine player.
                  b) is Latrell a spine player? He could be for sure at 6 or 1. As for now we have a good 6 and 1.
                  c) so maybe we move Keary to 7, Latrell to 6. I'm not convinced we would do this. Latrell is untested at 6, other clubs would pay big $$$ for him to play 1.

Unfortunately my tip is we will lose him unless Latrell wants to stay with us for less $$$, which he may to grow and win another comp or 2.
                  Last edited by The Corner Post; 05-08-2019, 12:26 PM. Reason: Just because

Comment

• Latrell doesn't have the conditioning to play Fullback.

Comment

never like Soward as a player but as an analyst he's pretty damn good.

Comment

He can say that and if any of us were good enough to play NRL would we want to play for the roosters only ....... but money talks.
                        If I was an NRL player and played for the Roosters and Souths or anyone else offered me double I would be gone in a heartbeat even though I'm a one eyed Rooster fan.

Any of you who say you would stay are full of crap, you might get 10 years if your lucky in the NRL and if you can earn a few million more in that time you go and set yourself up for life. You can still be a Roosters fan but money talks.
                        In saying that I hope he is a one-club player for his NRL career but we have to look after him money wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                          Latrell doesn't have the conditioning to play Fullback.
                          or the body. I recall his first two years of fullback, he'd hurt himself after every game and sometimes clutching his knees. His body will go down GI route if going back to fullback

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                            This is going to go on for 18 months without any fresh information.

Time to let it go.
                            a couple of months max

Comment

• I hope he stays but at the same time I hope we don't throw an insane amount at him either, As others have said the club is where it is by wise cap management, recognizing great young talent and signing them cheap whilst they are young. I would hate to lose some of our young up and comers because of this like Radley, Manu, Lam ect or someone like Toops who for better or worse depending on the day has been great for the club.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConGa View Post

or the body. I recall his first two years of fullback, he'd hurt himself after every game and sometimes clutching his knees. His body will go down GI route if going back to fullback
                                Did you see him on Saturday night? Stupid question of course, but late in the game he went down twice. The first after the Moses Mbye tackle on our goal line and secondly after he batted the ball dead from the kick, in front of Fonua. Whilst I don't doubt he was in some pain, I think half the reason he stayed down was because he was buggered due to all the work he had done and was sneaking in an opportunity to get his breath back. I am not disputing that what he had done was massive, but he probably covered roughly the same ground Teddy does on a weekly basis, if that.

Comment

Working...
                                X