No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing we do know is that Souths would love nothing better than to steal Latrell and why not. Has there been a difference since the 2018 grand final win? Latrell did choose to play the Indigenous game over the WCC. Fair enough. He did so with our blessing too. Cody Walker is captain. Latrell is given the Inglis role of head warrior in the traditional dance. Latrell splits with his manager Steve Deacon. George Rose's brother wants Latrell to join his management. All of a sudden Inglis doesn't want to play anymore. Rumours start of Mitchell possibly jumping ship.

You can see where this is 'supposedly' going here. The media would be loving this story. And I hate the destabilisation that the media delight in. Against those developments we have East's careful nurturanceof of Latrell and his identification with his mates at the Roosters. Plus he has delivered on the field and plays with a burning passion. His discipline is variable and he knows that. Whilst Robbo has been a great coach and motivator, they have also had fiery exchanges.

At the moment I have no doubt that the Rose connection are in his ear. The more money he makes, the more money they make. He has a decision to make. He can further develop and become a club great, with all of its associated advantages. Or he can chase the highest dollar on the logic that his NRL dream all end tomorrow. My opinion would be to renegotiate, but not just for the dollar. Look long term and build on what he has achieved. Do the deal that is best for his future development and discipline.

We all hope that is with the Roosters. I think that stability would be in his best interests. It's not necessary to be wearing a Souths guernsey to do just as well with the indigenous community. Look at what Arthur Beetson achieved as a player and later as a coach and talent scout from the Roosters. Beetson kept in touch with his roots. His record is unsurpassed. I only hope that Latrell is mature enough to make the best decision. And certainly not to do the secretive and dirty deed attributable to RTS, who left without honour. He seems much better than that and I trust he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
      Also, Souths want retribution for poaching the Butcher boys, Momirovski and Garvey when they were juniors.

And for taking Crichton back too.
      None of those guys have really kicked on anyway. I donít think Souths would be too hurt by these loses unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        Its laughable when I read a posting on here that claims a player is being paid X amount of dollars or that player Y is worth $700 & not $1M or that the Chooks are signing a big name player. No one on here would have any idea what players are actually getting paid or who the club is negotiating with, its just all speculation.
        Let the CEO's & the players worry about what they are being paid or whos coming to the club otherwise it is just all here say.
        Mickie I am so disappointed. I really thought some people on here were close to the players and knew exactly what they all get paid. If this forum is made up of people guessing and speculating and repeating and starting rumours and making stuff up, I think Iím going to have to leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

None of those guys have really kicked on anyway. I donít think Souths would be too hurt by these loses unfortunately.
          Egan is only 18. A bit early to say he hasn't kicked on!

And are you shifting somewhat on Nat? He looks like he's on the cusp of a breakout season imo. Has been really good this year.

Comment

• This whole narrative that we've pinched Souths players is wrong. It's a free country and players are allowed to play where they want. If they want to play for us, who can blame them. Plus we're the blackfellas of rugby league - our local areas have been stolen and our survival has been against the odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              Egan is only 18. A bit early to say he hasn't kicked on!

And are you shifting somewhat on Nat? He looks like he's on the cusp of a breakout season imo. Has been really good this year.
              I agree on Nat he has been good this year for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Mickie I am so disappointed. I really thought some people on here were close to the players and knew exactly what they all get paid. If this forum is made up of people guessing and speculating and repeating and starting rumours and making stuff up, I think Iím going to have to leave!
                What do you mean...leave? It's a bit early for that caper. Isn't it your shout next?

Comment

• Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                  One thing we do know is that Souths would love nothing better than to steal Latrell and why not. Has there been a difference since the 2018 grand final win? Latrell did choose to play the Indigenous game over the WCC. Fair enough. He did so with our blessing too. Cody Walker is captain. Latrell is given the Inglis role of head warrior in the traditional dance. Latrell splits with his manager Steve Deacon. George Rose's brother wants Latrell to join his management. All of a sudden Inglis doesn't want to play anymore. Rumours start of Mitchell possibly jumping ship.

You can see where this is 'supposedly' going here. The media would be loving this story. And I hate the destabilisation that the media delight in. Against those developments we have East's careful nurturanceof of Latrell and his identification with his mates at the Roosters. Plus he has delivered on the field and plays with a burning passion. His discipline is variable and he knows that. Whilst Robbo has been a great coach and motivator, they have also had fiery exchanges.

At the moment I have no doubt that the Rose connection are in his ear. The more money he makes, the more money they make. He has a decision to make. He can further develop and become a club great, with all of its associated advantages. Or he can chase the highest dollar on the logic that his NRL dream all end tomorrow. My opinion would be to renegotiate, but not just for the dollar. Look long term and build on what he has achieved. Do the deal that is best for his future development and discipline.

We all hope that is with the Roosters. I think that stability would be in his best interests. It's not necessary to be wearing a Souths guernsey to do just as well with the indigenous community. Look at what Arthur Beetson achieved as a player and later as a coach and talent scout from the Roosters. Beetson kept in touch with his roots. His record is unsurpassed. I only hope that Latrell is mature enough to make the best decision. And certainly not to do the secretive and dirty deed attributable to RTS, who left without honour. He seems much better than that and I trust he is.
                  I really enjoy reading your contributions mate.

Comment

• Yep, Louis is a treasure.

I just wish Yak would post more often.
                    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Interesting piece in the Tele today saying one of the reasons Latrell won't go to Souths is because he's sick of the Inglis comparisons and going there would only reinforce them. The piece also said we're thinking seriously of playing him at 5/8.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                        Interesting piece in the Tele today saying one of the reasons Latrell won't go to Souths is because he's sick of the Inglis comparisons and going there would only reinforce them. The piece also said we're thinking seriously of playing him at 5/8.
                        if he can drop a bit of weight and improve his fitness and involvement i don't see why not. all though him moving to five eighth can also be compared to inglis doing it around the same age. he wont be able to escape it unless he stays with us and forges his own name by winning a few premierships plus a few origins along the way.

Comment

• If playing Latrell at 5/8 means he gets his hand on the ball more, then it can't be a bad thing. It would mean he has to kick more and he's more than capable of doing that well. As far as organising and playmaking goes, it might be a case of 'follow me and I'll put you into space'. He has a pretty good passing game and often lays stuff on for Toops.

Comment

• Freddy was a big unit, albeit a bit fitter than Latrell who started in the Centres and ended up as a 5/8. The question is can Latrell improve his fitness, remember Freddy was a defensive beast, probably the best defensive 5/8 I have ever seen and did a lot miles covering in that area.

Comment

• The worry with Latrell at 5/8 is that it puts all our eggs in the Keary basket as far being chief organiser goes.

When Cronk has been out, we've been fine with Keary taking charge. And vice versa on Anzac Day.

But if Keary misses any game time we're well and truly farked as a reserve grade halfback stepping up and doing all the organising simply won't cut it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                                This whole narrative that we've pinched Souths players is wrong. It's a free country and players are allowed to play where they want. If they want to play for us, who can blame them. Plus we're the blackfellas of rugby league - our local areas have been stolen and our survival has been against the odds.
                                Yeah I never get it. IMO it's a farce to suggest that the majority of players stick with one club throughout their careers. Like any industry, competition and movement strengthen the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X