No announcement yet.

Latrell got himself into some minor trouble over the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad the NRL weren't able to keep the story under wraps.... like they did repeatedly for JT and GI during their younger days

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Major trouble

#####

A 'criminal infringement notice'.

His head seems to be getting a bit too big these days.
      Roosters management should make it a bit smaller.
      What's the bet he asked the security guard if he knew who he was?

Comment

Hopefully this incident will have some impact on him and he will wake up to himself. I think he’s been reading the papers and believing his publicity. Time to pull his head in and get back to being the humble kid he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
          Doesn't sound like much in the incident.

I'm more worried about what he is doing on the field at the moment, his head just doesn't seem to be in the game right now.
          You gotta think about what he achieved last year;

Minor premiership & Premiership

State of Origin debut and State of Origin win

Australian debut

Regarded as the best centre in the game & probably the most talked about player in the game last year.

All in the space of a year and he's still only 21yrs of age. I mean there's got to be a huge let down from that high, what motivation does a 21yr old kid have immediately after a season like that?

It's a tough one, good look to Robbo trying to manage that. Unfortunately I don't think this slap over the wrist will be the wake up call Mitchell needs to snap him out of it either. I'm not saying he needs a huge off field issue but there will be a moment somewhere at some point maybe on the field that puts the fire back in the belly.

Comment

A few things I wanted to comment on here,
            1, Media can't wait to put this stuff on the front page, DT online have it as the first article when you log on. Its so annoying as it was only today I was reading about what an awesome role model he is in the community and spends hours with young kids as ALL NRL players do but we hardly ever here of it. Only when they stuff up.

2. Latrell really needs needs some guidance on the field, he does stupid stuff all the time. When you look at the maturity of Ponga its day and night. He needs to control his aggression, I think it will come but he is a liability ATM.

Comment

It sounds pretty innocent to me.

Comment

sounds a bit of a beat up, but would a week or maybe 2 on the sidelines hurt latrell ? it may re invigorate him, keep him injury free, and maybe just a little reminder of what he stands to lose. lets not sweep it under the carpet like that disgraceful club from brisbane with the roberts incident. i feel the roosters management will deal with this appropriatley,

Comment

Originally posted by Smee View Post

What's the bet he asked the security guard if he knew who he was?
                  He's just lucky the cops didn't toss him in into the back of a paddy wagon.
                  Would he fit?

Anyway, sponsors like a sqeaky-clean club.
                  Hope none of them walk over this.

And just when everything was sailing along smoothly....Latrell comes along and rocks the boat.
                  Only 21 or not, he needs to be called into the HQ office and have a few things explained to him...politely of course.

Comment

Surely he won't get a criminal record over this and have his life ruined?

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                      Hopefully this incident will have some impact on him and he will wake up to himself. I think he’s been reading the papers and believing his publicity. Time to pull his head in and get back to being the humble kid he used to be.
                      On this thou, with GI likely to retire at the end of this year @ souffs, perhaps a big contract dangled in front of him from souffs?
                      He may want a change after winning everything with us and a million plus contract to replace GI?

Comment

FWIW Latrell is playing great this year... who said he isn't?

He's even jumped in at 5/8 (a completely foreign position) quite comfortably when needed.

Imma wait for the facts to come out on this one. Seems like it was only in the Tele (which I don't read - seriously who would pay to read that shyte?!???) and the 'more to come' hasn't led to anything.

More to come... 'one person in the other group was booked, Latrell did nothing wrong'. Why do people suddenly turn on our heroes when the Tele publishes some absolute shyte?

Again... bookmark ABC, SBS, BBC, The Guardian, Huff Post...etc. If it doesn't make it to any of them, it's not news.

Comment

He is definitely not playing like last year, his interest level seems way down, he might need a good old fashioned spray to get his mind back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Indeed.
                            Opposition coaches have worked him out.
                            Now it gets tougher for him to score tries.
                            Off topic but Angus Crichton is also very heavily marked. Every time Keary serves the ball to him he has two or three on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

What do you find outlandish? The time frame? Consider James Roberts on well over 600k a year on the clubs injured list getting carried out of a party comatose. How can employers, sponsors and fans cop that? It's unacceptable. Your body and your health are your job. This isn't A grade at the local. It's billion dollar business.
                              ​​​​​
                              The outlandish part was that you guaranteed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Off topic but Angus Crichton is also very heavily marked. Every time Keary serves the ball to him he has two or three on him.
                                Thats the opposition bad luck,,,we have strike power allover the park.
                                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                                X