Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police fine.
    Roosters not taking any further action.
    TR spoke with him on Mon and decided no further disciplinary action was needed.

"Robinson has cautioned the NSW and Australian star about his behaviour in the public eye."

DT today.

We move on.
    Now for the Sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

The outlandish part was that you guaranteed it.
      Well I stand by it completely. Just look at the current state of media reporting. Everyone wants to write about a sports star that's fatter where he shouldn't have. Just about every off field incident is alcohol related. From a roosters fan perspective, I'd rather our players didn't drink for 6 months of the year.. Notice how when clubs decide they want to knuckle down and get serious they self-imposed a booze ban? I find that extraordinary that they're recognising the effect of alcohol on their season.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I came into the conversation half way in, so maybe I'm missing something, but I'm against alcohol restrictions in contracts. That's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Does it mean that a player who goes to his parents for his twenty-first birthday can't have a celebratory drink? No point making rules that are BS rules.

Plus there's probably still a place for a few bonding beers every now and then.

Comment

Those of you thinking there should be a drinking ban, the rest of the first team squad were at Randwick races on Saturday. Drinking. Robbo likewise.

They'd obviously been told to have the weekend off and enjoy themselves. The club clearly don't have a problem with them drinking. They're grown men, FFS.

Latrell is still young, he'll learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post
            Notice how when clubs decide they want to knuckle down and get serious they self-imposed a booze ban? I find that extraordinary that they're recognising the effect of alcohol on their season.
            ​​​​​​
            You’ve only got to look at Blake Ferguson as a pin up for giving up the grog and it having a positive effect on form.

Still Rugby League and a lot of sport is inextricably linked to booze, especially post game.
            Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

If my employer imposed a drinking ban I'd probably go twice as hard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

You’ve only got to look at Blake Ferguson as a pin up for giving up the grog and it having a positive effect on form.

Still Rugby League and a lot of sport is inextricably linked to booze, especially post game.
                Agree. The nrl seems to recognise it has a culture problem of drinking and gambling amongst its players. It's only a matter of time.

Comment

Probably a dose of reality that young Latrell needed. Robbo and the Chooks will deal with it inhouse and hopefully the bloke learns from it.

There is no allegation that he was even drinking that I've read - just being his usual hot-headed self and arguing when he should have shut his mouth. No different than when he's on the field.

No suspension and he'll be playing in the centres Sat night against the Sharks.
                  Roll on Season 2017 ...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                    FWIW Latrell is playing great this year... who said he isn't?

He's even jumped in at 5/8 (a completely foreign position) quite comfortably when needed.
                    He played most of his junior football as a 5/8. He trialled with Newcastle as a 5/8 when he was around 16. Ironically, they chose Brock Lamb, who trialled at the same time, ahead of him, and Latrell ended up with us. 5/8 is certainly not a foreign position to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                      If my employer imposed a drinking ban I'd probably go twice as hard.
                      Differing views in society. We have a keg in our company plus Friday drinks. No one gets blind. They serve food as well. Responsible.

im sure we are not alone.

i used to work in England and our site had workers on heavy machines that would drink 2-3 plus pints every lunch. Used to amaze me
                      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Differing views in society. We have a keg in our company plus Friday drinks. No one gets blind. They serve food as well. Responsible.

im sure we are not alone.

i used to work in England and our site had workers on heavy machines that would drink 2-3 plus pints every lunch. Used to amaze me
                        Cmon mate...those Liberal Party branch meetings are just one big pissup (esp in Qld where you are.....).

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Reality:
                          1. You were an apprentice builder for your dad (in QLD).
                          2. You took over his company eventually (which you promptly ran into the ground... in QLD).
                          3. You fluked your way into politics for a single term (in QLD).
                          4. You got given a cordial role with an auditing firm through Lib party contacts (i.e. the Libs' preferred auditor so you can 'independently' tick and flick that everything is above board... in QLD).

Sorry when were you working in England? Ooooh right...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Reality:
                            1. You were an apprentice builder for your dad (in QLD).
                            2. You took over his company eventually (which you promptly ran into the ground... in QLD).
                            3. You fluked your way into politics for a single term (in QLD).
                            4. You got given a cordial role with an auditing firm through Lib party contacts (i.e. the Libs' preferred auditor so you can 'independently' tick and flick that everything is above board... in QLD).

Sorry when were you working in England? Ooooh right...
                            Jeez Jizz, stalk much?
                            Originally posted by ism22;n764344
                            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

What do you find outlandish? The time frame? Consider James Roberts on well over 600k a year on the clubs injured list getting carried out of a party comatose. How can employers, sponsors and fans cop that? It's unacceptable. Your body and your health are your job. This isn't A grade at the local. It's billion dollar business.
                              ​​​​​
                              Actually the NRL income is around $500m from broadcast and non broadcast revenue. Non trivial but not quite (Mike Myers voice) "one billion dollars".
                              Originally posted by ism22;n764344
                              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Sorry Axeman looks like Ive poked the mad bear...I was hoping for some satire to give us all a laugh! Alas...

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Working...
                                X