Latrell got himself into some minor trouble over the weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
    He will be stood down this weekend for sure. ffs.
    Yeah like it or not, today's world is one where cops aren't like 'hey break it up boys and go home before anything starts'. After a horrible off-season I doubt the NRL has an ounce of sympathy for such things either (I certainly wouldn't be).

Will suck to lose him, particularly with all our injuries coming into a big game. However, IMO this kinda thing should be at least 2-3 weeks... everybody's sick of boys being farkwits. I hope he learns from it!!!

Public figure (more than most of us) have to understand how low the bar is for cops to get involved these days. There's no 'warnings' or 'break it up' kinda things. When a cop is called, they're gonna want to bust people and get it on the record...

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Not yet you can't. But I guarentee within ten years all contracts will state that no one is allowed to drink alcohol during the season. You don't pay blokes close to a million a year to then go and drink when alcohol is proven to diminish recovery and the ability to train as well as build and maintain muscle mass.
    My NSWIS contract (for an equivalent level athlete being given a small stipend to help pay for training, gear + travel) had this clause. It also had things like no skiing, no snowboarding, no extreme sports...etc. I never got it why footy players took pride in drinking given how much they were earning in comparison.

10 Years I dunno but IMO we'll see it one day... possibly within my lifetime. It's a true luxury being able to earn $$$ to play sport. IMO part of league's changing image will involve throwing out the image of bulky boys hitting up drinking holes on a regular basis + leaving their kids with their partner.

If I were a pro footy player who everybody recognised I'd stick to house parties, dinners, private functions...etc. It's too risky going out IMO.
    Last edited by ism22; 04-08-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Mitchell is not accused of throwing any punches, but he is accused of arguing with security at the door of the venue.

lol news

Comment

Mitchell is not alleged to have thrown any punches, but is likely to be issued with a criminal infringement notice.
        Oh, another one of these moronic move along infringements - good job coppers.

Comment

Hopefully Latrell is not going to be another Mitchell.

Comment

I realise this is a problem. But I don’t think latrell would of started anything. He was probably getting written off his friends said a few words back. Security kicked both parties out. Police were around latrelly argued why he was kicked out and he gets a fine. Maybe more happened I don’t know. But old mate Inglis didn’t get stood down by Rabbits over drink driving and speeding so surely Latrell will just have to do a bit of off field stuff to blow this by.

I was only only saying today to work mates being an NRL star would suck. Getting provoked all the time etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
              Doesn't sound like much in the incident.

I'm more worried about what he is doing on the field at the moment, his head just doesn't seem to be in the game right now.
              I think he’s going as well as he was this time last season but a bit more heavily marked. I still wouldn’t swap him for anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Really? You guarantee it? There has been some outlandish comments on this site over the years but that's up there!
                What do you find outlandish? The time frame? Consider James Roberts on well over 600k a year on the clubs injured list getting carried out of a party comatose. How can employers, sponsors and fans cop that? It's unacceptable. Your body and your health are your job. This isn't A grade at the local. It's billion dollar business.
                ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I think he’s going as well as he was this time last season but a bit more heavily marked. I still wouldn’t swap him for anyone else.
                  It's more all the niggling bullshit and undisciplined stuff like charging out of the defensive line to try for an intercept that is the issue for me, he needs to pull his head in and just concentrate on playing football.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

It's more all the niggling bullshit and undisciplined stuff like charging out of the defensive line to try for an intercept that is the issue for me, he needs to pull his head in and just concentrate on playing football.
                    Amen to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Indeed.
                      Opposition coaches have worked him out.
                      Now it gets tougher for him to score tries.

Comment

Nothing to see here.

Stood down? Please...

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Storm in a teacup move on . He will be playing for us v the Sharks .

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post

Oh, another one of these moronic move along infringements - good job coppers.
                            Yeah I dunno what happened to the old fashioned faultless police warning. IMO these days they must be told to wave the book at people straight away and take no risks.

Old days? I'd be like 'aaaw man that's Latrell Mitchell... bro can I get your autograph? Oi the pub owner said your boys have had enough, can you call a cab and tell 'em all it's time to head home? Yeah cheers mate... this is nothing criminal or anything, just a precaution because I don't want you boys getting in trouble and stuff. Alright goodnight boys!!! Sleep tight!!! Anybody still need a lift? I can drop a couple home in the patrol car coz we're going that way anyway... yeah of course you can get a ride home... be safe guys!!!'

I dunno. IMO we've become way too much of a nanny state in relation to minor shyte like this. Couple of boys argued with a bouncer. SO WHAT?

Comment

The Sydney Roosters will not take any action against Latrell Mitchell despite police fining the star centre over an incident at a nightclub on the NSW mid-north coast last weekend.

Police confirmed a 21-year-old man had been issued with a criminal infringement notice after a night out with friends at the Old Bar Tavern, near his home town of Taree.

A scuffle is believed to have broken out between two groups of men, of which Mitchell was one. Although he was not accused of any physicality, he allegedly argued with security staff as both groups were being ejected from the venue.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson spoke with Mitchell about the incident on Monday and decided no further disciplinary action was needed, but the club has notified the NRL integrity unit.

Robinson has cautioned the NSW and Australian star about his behaviour in the public eye.

https://www.outline.com/qS4naZ

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                                Nothing to see here.

Stood down? Please...
                                Yeah.

a) didn't throw any punches
                                b) doesn't have a contract which says you can't relax with your mates one day into a nine day turnaround
                                c) mightn't have been drinking, or mightn't have been drunk
                                d) should have left when told to leave even if he was being unfairly ejected cos that's the world players live in; but
                                e) unless you were there how can you know what happened? Security guard might have been a Souths fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X