No announcement yet.

Classic Pearcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of 2017 I admittedly wanted Pearce to stay. Not for any other reason more so than I felt he owed the club big time.

The roosters stood by him during his numerous off field issues, when most other teams would have booted him earlier. We has fans defended him when others bagged him. Even though I knew that he couldn't handle the pressure cooker, I desperately wanted him to finally come good and put all the doubters in their place. I wanted him to stay because we put up with him and were still waiting for him to deliver.

But isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. If it was Pearce who was playing in the GF last year would we have won it. Hand on my heart, I say no. He probably would have just gotten in Keary's way.

I don't mean to bag Pearce. I think he is a good guy and a half decent footballler who cops alot of unfair criticism. But while watching the 2nd half of the game last week, I couldn't help but think "f*@k! I'm glad he isn't playing for us anymore." Because if Pearce was still at the roosters, we would still be waiting for him to deliver.

Time to put the Pearce era to bed and enjoy our success! #EasttoWin
    Last edited by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva; 04-13-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Agree Superman.

Luke Keary is our future. Similar style to Maloney, but younger and probably a better defender. A winner.

Comment

Working...
      X