Classic Pearcy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prowler View Post

How was Levi single handedly responsible for losing the game?

​​​​​​Pearce lost the ball in a one on one strip for Frizell to dive over under the posts. No one else to blame for that.

​​​​In spite of this Pearce still had plenty of opportunity to make up for his mistake and be the match winning hero but failed with three field goal attempts (one off a four tackle set and one off a seven tackle set).

Ponga almost won the match with two try assists and two goals for all the Knight's points but if anyone was single handedly responsible for the loss it was Pearce.

​​​​​

R6 is amazing at being able to dig out scapegoats, instead of seeing that gigantic elephant in the room that everyone else can see. Pearce just doesn't have it in him to be composed in the big moments. I wasn't surprised that he found some form last year, when there was no expectation on the Knights. What we are seeing now from him when there is pressure to perform, given their roster is exactly what we got from him, apart from some rare moments for a decade.
    Last edited by Cockadoodledoo; 04-08-2019, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prowler View Post

How was Levi single handedly responsible for losing the game?

​​​​​​Pearce lost the ball in a one on one strip for Frizell to dive over under the posts. No one else to blame for that.

​​​​In spite of this Pearce still had plenty of opportunity to make up for his mistake and be the match winning hero but failed with three field goal attempts (one off a four tackle set and one off a seven tackle set).

Ponga almost won the match with two try assists and two goals for all the Knight's points but if anyone was single handedly responsible for the loss it was Pearce.

​​​​​

Single handedly is a bit of a hyperbole but his service in those last 10 minutes was horrendous. Some of the worst service you'll ever see out of dummy half.

My bigger point was that this kid showed so much potential but doesn't seem to have progressed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

R6 is amazing at being able to dig out scapegoats, instead of seeing that gigantic elephant in the room that everyone else can see. Pearce just doesn't have it in him to be composed in the big moments. I wasn't surprised that he found some form last year, when there was no expectation on the Knights. What we are seeing now from him when there is pressure to perform, given their roster is exactly what we got from him, apart from some rare moments for a decade.
        An elephant in the room is something people aren't willing to talk about. Pearce has never been an elephant in the room, he's probably the most talked about halfback in the game.

Pearce is another example of a player who has deteriorated at the Knights. Watson too, he looks so uncomfortable in that Knights team.

Comment

the ghost of Mitchell Pearce still haunting the Chookpen ...

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Ray not the smartest move to say I told you so after your Nikorima comments.
            Must be great to be right all the time eh 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post

Must be great to be right all the time eh 13.
              Not saying that at all Ray. i'm just saying that you were a bit premature with this silly comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

An elephant in the room is something people aren't willing to talk about. Pearce has never been an elephant in the room, he's probably the most talked about halfback in the game.

Pearce is another example of a player who has deteriorated at the Knights. Watson too, he looks so uncomfortable in that Knights team.
                Watson's problem is that he is a number 14 but he doesn't want to play there. He has no passing game at all so there is no other position for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Watson's problem is that he is a number 14 but he doesn't want to play there. He has no passing game at all so there is no other position for him.
                  Spot on! Thatís why he left the Roosters and went to the Knights. He wanted a starting spot, preferably at fullback which he considered his best position. I will never understand why guys donít appreciate what they have and always think they are better than what they are. If he had stayed with us he would have a premiership ring on his finger to show for it. Now heís fighting to keep a spot at the Knights.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Spot on! Thatís why he left the Roosters and went to the Knights. He wanted a starting spot, preferably at fullback which he considered his best position. I will never understand why guys donít appreciate what they have and always think they are better than what they are. If he had stayed with us he would have a premiership ring on his finger to show for it. Now heís fighting to keep a spot at the Knights.
                    I don't think you should be critical of someone for having ambition and dreams. It's not like he was being completely delusional or unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                      the ghost of Mitchell Pearce still haunting the Chookpen ...
                      It was the Ghost of Brett Finch for a long time.
                      Now only if the Chookpenne Ghost of Ron Jones could come back
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Mitchell Finch

Comment

Regarding Watson, and it could also include Pearce and any other quality player at the knights, I cannot see what good Brown has brought to the club with his style of coaching. He seems to be too much of a nice guy and maybe the slapping incident may have forced him to be more like that. I feel Watson, Pearce, SKD and even Klemmer are going backwards. I have said it before that I donít think heíll be at the knights in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                            Regarding Watson, and it could also include Pearce and any other quality player at the knights, I cannot see what good Brown has brought to the club with his style of coaching. He seems to be too much of a nice guy and maybe the slapping incident may have forced him to be more like that. I feel Watson, Pearce, SKD and even Klemmer are going backwards. I have said it before that I donít think heíll be at the knights in 2020.
                            If they lose their next couple he might not be there in May 2019!

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

If they lose their next couple he might not be there in May 2019!
                              I think they're a little too forgiving up Newcastle way.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post
                                Imagine going from being coached by Robbo to being coached by the face slapper brownie.
                                Off the field I think most players enjoy having the face slapper.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X