We really are miles ahead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

And what’s funny about it is the same people declaring us certainties now will be the same people having nervous breakdowns and declaring the season over when we lose a few games. Like when Tobin raised his white flag and declared the season over after a handful of games last year.
    He will crying out for a yellow flag soon ...too scared to play on scg...Morris has sworn never to pksy on it again ...lol
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
      I still can't understand why Leichhardt, Kogarah and even North Sydney Oval weren't shared for our home games.

We already play one in Adelaide and another at the Central Coast.

I'd even take Belmore as an option for the odd game!
      The corporate facilities aren't up to scratch,we have over 100 sponsors paying anything from 25k to 500 plus a year so the club has to accommodate around 1500 corporate types. If the SCG doesn't work out then from next year they should look at the new WSS for a few years.

Comment

Regarding injuries, I did say it was "injuries dependent".

But if we have some luck - and we didn't have huge luck last year given Cronk's injury and Latrell's Prelim suspension - so if we have a clean slate this year come finals then the other contenders are in big trouble imo.

I'd love to play the Storm in a Prelim at the SCG given that I don't think they'd have ever played there.

Also we should be able to absolutely cruise into the top 4 and save lots of energy doing so; which should only aid our cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

I have to reluctantly agree with R6 here. Whilst losing Slater is a massive loss, we are already seeing Cameron Munster stepping up to a new level, Brody Croft has an extra year to develop and youngsters like Curtis Scott, Brandon Smith and a couple of their bench forwards will only get better. If Cameron Smith or Munster was to get hurt, then their season would be all over. We can probably cover losses better but it would be devastating to lose Keary or Tedesco.
          I enjoyed seeing Okunbor run over Smith about half a dozen times. Has the old genius finally started to show signs of slowing down?

Maybe. Maybe not. He's an absolute freak but I'm not convinced that the Storm can make 4 GFs in a row. That'd be truly remarkable.

Comment

Apologies If this has been posted before;

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...fe241ae7d0a2fc

Monday Buzz: Roosters ready to quit SCG for fan-friendly venue

Sadly, the SCG is now a public relations disaster. She is overused, under siege and incapable of hosting five sporting codes all year around.

The playing surface is a disgrace and dangerous, fans are too far away from the action for the NRL, A-League and Super Rugby and the food and drink prices are of out of reach for average sporting fans.
            Last Thursday night the Roosters hosted the Broncos. On paper it was a great game.

It cost more than $200 for a family of four to attend. A family ticket for $102 was the cheapest option for walk-up fans. Two beers cost you $19.20. Four hot dogs $28. Four soft drinks $27.20. Parking $25.
            All up $202.40 (without tolls and petrol) thank you very much … and on a school night.

No wonder fewer than 10,000 fans turned up.
            It’s not enough to rest on tradition because fans have much higher expectations these days.
            They want better seats, a better view and more reasonable food and drink prices.

The Roosters are already talking about moving key matches from the SCG in 2020.
            They want to use the magnificent new Bankwest Stadium for their “home” games against the Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs.

It would be a wise move.

These days it is so easy to stay at home.
            For the price of taking the family to the Roosters v Broncos you could have paid for Foxtel for three months. Every game live. No ads. Coverage in 4K. So close you can see the dimples on the football.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
              Apologies If this has been posted before;

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...fe241ae7d0a2fc

Monday Buzz: Roosters ready to quit SCG for fan-friendly venue

Sadly, the SCG is now a public relations disaster. She is overused, under siege and incapable of hosting five sporting codes all year around.

The playing surface is a disgrace and dangerous, fans are too far away from the action for the NRL, A-League and Super Rugby and the food and drink prices are of out of reach for average sporting fans.
              Last Thursday night the Roosters hosted the Broncos. On paper it was a great game.

It cost more than $200 for a family of four to attend. A family ticket for $102 was the cheapest option for walk-up fans. Two beers cost you $19.20. Four hot dogs $28. Four soft drinks $27.20. Parking $25.
              All up $202.40 (without tolls and petrol) thank you very much … and on a school night.

No wonder fewer than 10,000 fans turned up.
              It’s not enough to rest on tradition because fans have much higher expectations these days.
              They want better seats, a better view and more reasonable food and drink prices.

The Roosters are already talking about moving key matches from the SCG in 2020.
              They want to use the magnificent new Bankwest Stadium for their “home” games against the Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs.

It would be a wise move.

For the price of taking the family to the Roosters v Broncos you could have paid for Foxtel for three months. Every game live. No ads. Coverage in 4K. So close you can see the dimples on the football.

Buzz has been checking out our Cronkpen again. That’s where he’s manufactured this story. He has to be the worst Journo around. After attending ‘An evening with Trent Robinson’ at the SCG earlier this year I would be very surprised if the Roosters were considering a move to another ground.
              Seriously, Buzz makes these stories up because no one from any club will give him an interview. I suppose he has to try something to keep his job even if it’s all BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Manly101 View Post

I would have to argue that someone like the 'Gold Coast Titans' are the bench mark and not you pathetic excuses of footy players. When was the last time you saw Keary actually tuck the ball and go for a hit up and not some bent kicking shit. smh get off this thread nerd
                For a club like Manly maybe Titans are actually the benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

A family ticket for $102 was the cheapest option for walk-up fans.

For the price of taking the family to the Roosters v Broncos you could have paid for Foxtel for three months. Every game live. No ads. Coverage in 4K. So close you can see the dimples on the football.[/I]
                  I paid roughly $300 for my family of 4 to be bronze members. Fox would cost almost $1000 a year for ~2 footy games a month and a heap of right-wing spam shows I'm never gonna watch (I have Huff Post, The Guardian, BBC and ABC for free if I want proper news).

We have a home and should be grateful for it after a hugely political move to appease Fox and Alan Jones has left us displaced for 5+ years.

Now that the decision has been made, it's feeling like Brexit. You're the one who asked for it and you're doing the lion's share of whinging!!! FFS just pull your head in and encourage people to turn up for the boys. We've had absolutely no issues with the field, it's the fukking soccer and yawnion boys who can't play on it.

We coulda had a reno for $12 million that all woulda been done in the off-season. Sigh... I'm used to just dealing with conservative muppets electing Trump, voting for Brexit, voting for $1 billion stadiums then spending the next 5 years whinging in my fukking ear as if I somehow care that it's not working out for them. You've made your bed... now lie in it and go to sleep, princess!!
                  Last edited by ism22; 04-08-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    lol Storm have gone backwards.

Geez that's a dangerous thought after 4 rounds when they're averaging just 10 points conceded per game and sitting atop the table at 4-0.
                    Very dangerous side. Great defence. Unbeaten. ..............................

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I paid roughly $300 for my family of 4 to be bronze members. Fox would cost almost $1000 a year for ~2 footy games a month and a heap of right-wing spam shows I'm never gonna watch (I have Huff Post, The Guardian, BBC and ABC for free if I want proper news).

We have a home and should be grateful for it after a hugely political move to appease Fox and Alan Jones has left us displaced for 5+ years.

Now that the decision has been made, it's feeling like Brexit. You're the one who asked for it and you're doing the lion's share of whinging!!! FFS just pull your head in and encourage people to turn up for the boys. We've had absolutely no issues with the field, it's the fukking soccer and yawnion boys who can't play on it.

We coulda had a reno for $12 million that all woulda been done in the off-season. Sigh... I'm used to just dealing with conservative muppets electing Trump, voting for Brexit, voting for $1 billion stadiums then spending the next 5 years whinging in my fukking ear as if I somehow care that it's not working out for them. You've made your bed... now lie in it and go to sleep, princess!!

For $12m you would've gotten a set of plans drawn up.

Proper Left-wing news. lol

Displaced for 3 years not 5.

Not I whingeing...I knew what the SCG was going to be like.
                      I just posted Buzz's article...he seems to be on the money with most things.

What's with this though?
                      Totally unaffordable for Average Joe.

A family ticket for $102 was the cheapest option for walk-up fans. Two beers cost you $19.20. Four hot dogs $28. Four soft drinks $27.20.

Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-08-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

The corporate facilities aren't up to scratch,we have over 100 sponsors paying anything from 25k to 500 plus a year so the club has to accommodate around 1500 corporate types. If the SCG doesn't work out then from next year they should look at the new WSS for a few years.
                        They'd better hurry up, Eels and Wanderers are probably already signed up, maybe Tigers and Dogs too.
                        They'll need to book the stadium and organise memberships...nearly half this year has gone already.
                        Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-08-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                          I enjoyed seeing Okunbor run over Smith about half a dozen times. Has the old genius finally started to show signs of slowing down?

Maybe. Maybe not. He's an absolute freak but I'm not convinced that the Storm can make 4 GFs in a row. That'd be truly remarkable.
                          I noticed that too. Smith dropped off and didn't time his tackles well on the young winger. Got to credit Okunbor too. He has a deceptive style, is big, fast with a strong fend. But unusual for Smith who gave him too much room sometimes.

Comment

If we’re in that stadium by 2022 I’ll be amazed. No chance they’ll finish it in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                              If we’re in that stadium by 2022 I’ll be amazed. No chance they’ll finish it in time.
                              If the Liberals want to win the next State Election it will be finished on time. They definitely don’t want it to be used as an issue again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                                The new BankWest Stadium was built on time and on budget, so I don't see why Allianz would be too much different. They certainly seem to be getting on with the Allianz rebuild at a cracking pace. BankWest took under 3 years so hopefully Allianz should be able to be done in 3 and we will be christening the joint in Round 1 2022.

BankWest Stadium looks like its a beauty - I'm hoping to go to the game when we play the TigPies there later this season.
                                Roll on Season 2017 ...

Comment

Working...
                                X