Meninga on the Chooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meninga on the Chooks

Some rare love from the big man... talks up Teddy, Keary and our forwards.

The power of three: Keary, Bateman and Tedesco steal show
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/06/...co-steal-show/

Good article by Mal. He knows his stuff and is spot on here. Like how he mentioned the character of Keary standing up for what he believes in. We all know what he’s talking about there. Sounds to me like all Keary has to do is keep up the good form and he will be in the halves next test match. Not to mention SOO, which in my humble opinion is the lesser of the two. Teddy was last year and is this year the best player in Rugby League. Goes without saying.

Comment

What a rort that Tedesco didn’t win last year’s Golden Boot.

Nice one Wayne, you old jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        Some rare love from the big man... talks up Teddy, Keary and our forwards.

The power of three: Keary, Bateman and Tedesco steal show
        https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/06/...co-steal-show/
        Nice story. Thanks Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
          What a rort that Tedesco didn’t win last year’s Golden Boot.

Nice one Wayne, you old jerk.
          I'm not sure what was worse, Tommy Makinson winning the Golden Boot over Teddy or BJ Leilua winning Dally M Centre of the Year over Latrell.

Both highlighted dreadful flaws in the way both awards are determined.

I mean the Dally Ms are a joke because great players on good, balanced teams are penalised.

RTS could win the next five Dally Ms because he's the only great player on a tragic team lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            I'm not sure what was worse, Tommy Makinson winning the Golden Boot over Teddy or BJ Leilua winning Dally M Centre of the Year over Latrell.

Both highlighted dreadful flaws in the way both awards are determined.

I mean the Dally Ms are a joke because great players on good, balanced teams are penalised.

RTS could win the next five Dally Ms because he's the only great player on a tragic team lol
            End of the day I reckon no NRL player's gonna disagree that an NRL premiership is the only award anybody really wants. Second to that is a place in Origin... 3rd is a place for Australia.

I mean...
            - Rookie of the year? Latrell got disqualified because he played a few NRL games before his REAL debut. It always goes to some random...
            - Dally M [position - e.g. centre] is more a sympathy prize for somebody who tried hard but didn't win.
            - Dally M went to the best guy on a rubbish, under-performing team. Performances during the finals are ignored despite the fact the best team wins the finals, top quality players come of age during finals and well... Warriors got punter in round 1 of the finals... we won the finals. Go figure.
            - Golden boot went to a winger who was part of a reserve grade GF winning team, has never played NRL and played for a 'champion' English team in a year where there was no world cup, no four nations and England didn't even play Australia. Notably, Australia are still #1 in the world after beating NZ and Tonga with a 1/4 strength team (which Teddy starred for). Teddy also starred for NSW in an historically successful NSW team (NSW don't win a lot of Origin series' so go figure... is that harder than England beating a 1/4 strength NZ team with 1/2 the NZ stars off playing for Tonga?)

Meh... premiership ring > Dally M or Golden Boot. I should stop caring.

Comment

Yeah, who gets the Golden Boot should partly be based on your domestic season. I believe it's now exclusively based on internationals. So that's, what, 3 matches?

And great piece by big Mal. Any fool (apart from Golden Boot judges) knows that Teddy is the best player in the world, but his comments on Keary really hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                Tommy Makinson
                Who? Seriously. lol

Comment

The Golden Boot award doesn’t bother me, as the judges were only using the criteria given.. ie international player.

Luke Brooks winning halfback of the year in a side that finished 9 does.
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                  X