No announcement yet.

Rabbitoh meaning!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im glad Souths, Rabbits, Rabbitohs what ever you want to call them are in the comp. I love watching Roosters v Souths & the Roosters winning of course.

Comment

Go manly!

Comment

Reynolds fail lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
          Reynolds fail lol
          The little bogan cost them the game.

Comment

rooster chick, i too grew up in paddo renny street near the old dunbar hotel, i remember the rabbotoh, the coke man, selling coking coal for our fireplaces, the washing line mam selling sticks to prop up a washing line, maybe i knew roc 181 as a kid, we all knew each other and barracked for easts.our garbo a man named ernie vnorman was the australian 5/8 and ests player consequently respect was shown so it wasnt ernie it was mr norman!

Comment

nice to see manly knock off souffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                The little bogan cost them the game.
                So good mate

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                  nice to see manly knock off souffs!
                  Oh yeah. Roosters thrash broncos. Souffs hearts crushed in golden point. The sun is shining. It's a beautiful weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Oh yeah. Roosters thrash broncos. Souffs hearts crushed in golden point. The sun is shining. It's a beautiful weekend!
                    I’m as happy to see Souths lose like that as I was to see us smash Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I’m as happy to see Souths lose like that as I was to see us smash Broncos.
                      It’s been a win win weekend!

Comment

Anybody remember the fruitshop in paddington back then,,,that was my father & uncles

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                          rooster chick, i too grew up in paddo renny street near the old dunbar hotel, i remember the rabbotoh, the coke man, selling coking coal for our fireplaces, the washing line mam selling sticks to prop up a washing line, maybe i knew roc 181 as a kid, we all knew each other and barracked for easts.our garbo a man named ernie vnorman was the australian 5/8 and ests player consequently respect was shown so it wasnt ernie it was mr norman!
                          I grew up in Paddo too, Stewart St , I think we worked out I am about 10 years younger than you Stephenj , I hated when my father sold the property there, he had a handshake deal with a person for $29,000 for the property and then the owner of the Dunbar Hotel offered him $50,000 but my father never went back on the original hand shake deal, we moved out NYE 1970, in hindsight my father said he should have never sold the property and just rented it our when we moved to Kingsford, Prices in Paddo went through the roof not long after, we had a free standing terrace with two street frontages, 4 garages and 3 flattettes in the backyard, yep the worst decision my father ever made selling Paddington.
                          Last edited by horrie hastings; 04-07-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I was born in PNG, my whole family came back to Australia in 1965 where we ended up buying a place in Waverley/Bronte and settled there. My dad who was originally from Willoughby was a fanatical Norths supporter and he would drag us to North Sydney Oval every weekend to watch his Bears go around but after a while he got a bit sick of the travel as he didn't have a car and lugging 3 boys around was proving tricky so the next weekend Norths were playing Easts at the Sports ground so we all went along, I think my dad decided that Easts and the sports ground would be our team and venue of choice.

1966 comes along and off we trot to the sportsground to watch our new team, the mighty Roosters. Mighty? well in 66 we were winless so we didn't witness one Rooster victory but Easts were a young team with a lot of promising juniors namely John Peard, Barry Reilly and Kevin Junee. We had some other good players in rep centre Ron Saddler and Terry Matthews but what we needed was a new coach with fresh ideas.....Enter Jack Gibson and for the 67 and 68 seasons we had the best defense in the comp and as a result we were able to figure in the finals for those years, fast forward to 1974 and Jack Gibson is back as head coach of a side which included Big Artie, Ron Coote, John Brass, Mark Harris, Russell Fairfax, Johnny Mayes and many other stars.

What a magical 2 years I enjoyed. I was a permanent attendee in the years at the sports ground and the SCG which was our second home and still is today. My memories are of the smell of dencorub coming from the dressing room and the the sound of the players getting ready for the game, in those days the dressing rooms at the sports ground had open air vents and you could hear them. The sight of Artie covered in vaseline leading them out and the sounds of their steel studs on the concrete and running through the Arties army hoop still lingers with me today, best of all was the sight of red, white and blue flags waving after the definite victory that had come the tri colours way again, and the subsequent charge onto the field after the hooter to pat our heroes on the back not to mention the goal kicking practice on the ground after the players were gone, They were really great times.

I have a lot to thank my dad for and one of those things was sacrificing his support for Norths and enabling us to grow up Rooster tragics. I feel our current team could be the best since those magical days and I can't wait to watch them evolve. As the late great Ray Stehr said Easts To Win.

Comment

Ray I have a similar story to yours, I was in Port Moresby for a number of years, and returned to Sydney in 1965 to go to high school, then returned to PNG, my father was the Manager of the Burns Phillip supermarket at Boroko, for many years, if you know it.

Comment

What a great thread ...

I grew up in BJ, within the sound of the pokies of the League's Club, but my dad wasn't into sport, so the Roosters wasn't a family thing for me. Still, great to hear other people's stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X