Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Fat Hodgo has suffered one too many head knocks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Fat Hodgo has suffered one too many head knocks...

The polymath that is Justin Hodges had this to say on Pangai and his next move...

“It depends on what he wants to do,” said Justin Hodges, who played for both the Broncos and Roosters.

“If he wants to go to the Roosters for the money, well, he has to go.

“If he wants to play Origin football and he wants to play in big moments, he’s better off staying at Brisbane.

“But if he wants to go to North Bondi and drink the lattes and live a happy life then obviously he’ll go to the Roosters.

Someone needs to remind the pea heart that if Tevita wants to play in big moments then he'd be better off abandoning the biggest underachievers in Australian sport and joining the Roosters - 2x Premiers, 4x Minor Premiers, and 5x Prelim Finalists over the past 6 seasons.

Willie Mason is maybe the only ex-Rooster that I hate, but Hodgo could be a bit more respectful.

Still, he works for the Broncos, doesn't he? Is he some sort of Coach? Maybe his comments were a bit tongue in cheek.

Comment

He is a queenslander lets remember, not too out of character for someone north of the tweed
      #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

Those two fairy QLDers Hodgo and Chris Walker cost us a Premiership in 2004.

Absolute pea hearts the pair of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Don’t forget Brett Finch
          EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
            Willie Mason is maybe the only ex-Rooster that I hate, but Hodgo could be a bit more respectful.

Still, he works for the Broncos, doesn't he? Is he some sort of Coach? Maybe his comments were a bit tongue in cheek.
            I'll take big Willie over Hodges any day of the week, at least he's funny

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

I'll take big Willie over Hodges any day of the week, at least he's funny
              And, if rumours are to be believed, big Willie was a bit of a taker himself.

Comment

An interesting article here, about Lodge getting in his ear about staying in Brisbane:

Matt Lodge has emerged as the secret weapon in the Brisbane Broncos' bid to retain off-contract forward Tevita Pangai jnr on a long-term deal.

Lodge has often spoken of his desire to lead the Brisbane forward pack into a new era of success alongside the Tongan international, who he counts as one of his closest mates.

Over dinner at the duo's favourite Lebanese restaurant in Brisbane called Little Beirut, it is a hint here and a suggestion there that Lodge provides Pangai about where his future belongs.

On Tuesday after training, Lodge outlined why Pangai should stay at Brisbane and not chase a pot of gold elsewhere.

"I have been in his ear to play with me as long as he can. I hope he stays here," Lodge said.

"He has to stay consistent and play well and he will get a good deal for himself and hopefully he stays here with me. If he wants to go, I will have to come up against him one day and he doesn't want to do that so he might want to stay around.

"The lifestyle, the facilities, everything you need is here to be a good player. It's a one-team town so you don't run into the other eight teams when you are out for a feed. You get to stay in the bubble and work hard.

"Tevita is enjoying it here and if he's enjoying it he would be silly to change things. I've done that before and sometimes it doesn't work out so you are best to stick to what you know."

The Broncos want to keep 23-year-old Pangai long-term but NRL.com has reported that the club will not get into a bidding war for his services. How much the market is prepared to pay for him will become more apparent in coming weeks when Pangai's management sits down with the Broncos to nut out a new deal.

There will be headlines galore but Lodge said there was only one way for Pangai to deal with the limelight.

"My advice is to not read the media himself," Lodge said.

"He played well against the Cowboys [in round two] but no-one can back up a game like that every week. He carried the ball well but it's either the high of highs or low of lows and that's how the stories go.

"He just has to keep a level head and go about his work. He performed last week and the week before. He will do his job."

Broncos centre Jack Bird knows about hype after signing a lucrative three-year deal with the Broncos in 2018. The 2016 premiership-winner said it was vital Pangai remained at the club while warning that now was the time for the Brisbane wrecking ball to focus on the short term.

"He's someone we need to lock down long term," Bird said.

"He's only young and you can see what he can do, but in saying that he's got to keep his head on his shoulders and try to not look too far ahead.

"It is hard when you play first grade and play a few good games and the media come knocking on your door but Tevita doesn't have Facebook or Instragram. As a young player coming through you like to read what is being said about you. The best thing is not to look at it, good or bad, because you can either get ahead of yourself or down in the dumps."

Comment

Hate to say it but that's what I remember of him. IMO he was heavily over-rated and he's a shyte commentator on the game.

PS - why would playing in a team with links to the NSW coach, NSW captain, Latrell, Teddy and Keary hurt a NSW player's chances of playing Origin? If anything I'd say the reverse is true... we don't have millions for him under the salary cap (nor do we rort the 3rd party endorsements like Brisbane do). However, we have a bunch of NSW stars (wink wink if Cords likes playing with you, you're in) plus a serious shot at the premiership.

Fark Brisbane and their sympathisers. Good that this wanka has confirmed he only ever played here for the $$$ and lattes. If you haven't noticed, Easts have had 2 premierships in the past decade. How many have Brisbane had? Who knocked out Brisbane in 2017? What was Brisbane's score against the Merge in 2018? Bunch of overpaid third party endorsement rorters. Get stuffed, mate.
                  Last edited by ism22; 04-03-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

The polymath that is Justin Hodges had this to say on Pangai and his next move...

“It depends on what he wants to do,” said Justin Hodges, who played for both the Broncos and Roosters.

“If he wants to play Origin football and he wants to play in big moments, he’s better off staying at Brisbane.

“But if he wants to go to North Bondi and drink the lattes and live a happy life then obviously he’ll go to the Roosters.

Someone needs to remind the pea heart that if Tevita wants to play in big moments then he'd be better off abandoning the biggest underachievers in Australian sport and joining the Roosters - 2x Premiers, 4x Minor Premiers, and 5x Prelim Finalists over the past 6 seasons.
                    I for one, hope we don't sign TPJ.
                    HE IS NOT a million dollar player! On 600k, yes.

His signing would cost us a Manu, Mitchell, Aubs, Tets, etc.

Comment

Your comments have got me covered Tommy - no respect for the bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Agree totally with you comments

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Totally agree. Not worth $1mil. Anyway at this point it’s all speculation. Articles have all reported that we haven’t even made him an offer. Robbo has stated that we aren’t looking at making a play for him and also laughs at Kent and others saying it’s Cronks last year. People shouldn’t believe what they read in the press. 10% is correct 90% speculation.

Comment

Welcome Tevita.

And ask Brain about Hodges' Sydney years.

Comment

There have been three articles in News Ltd papers this week that have set out the case for Pangai to stay at their subsidiary (i.e. Brisbane Broncos Rugby League Football Club Ltd): Fat Hodgo's argument that the Roosters are losers and the Broncos are winners (seriously?); losing Matt Lodge's close friendship (which is like losing Ivan Milat as your Uber driver); and Darren Lockyer, saying he is overpriced (which seems to be softening up the Broncos fan base for his potential loss).

I think he might be coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X