IF we were to be relocated....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
    Can someone without being bias tell me what the odds are of this happening?
    Slim to none
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

At last night's Leagues Club AGM there was a vote which got up that paved the way for the development in Waverley (over furious objection) - subject to council and court approval. That development is no Sharks pie in the sky bullshit. It will secure our future for generations. It's a beauty.
      As much as over development is a curse, if they can match what they did to Harbord Diggers bowlo, it’ll be an improvement.
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

Thank you! and god i havent touched that channel in such a long time... im prob due for another Roosters video... been too flat out with my main channel.
        Maybe ask your audience and fans here for suggested content....

probably attract new new fans here who don’t know your skills

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I follow Easts because they represent me, where I come from and what I'm about.

I have and will always live in the Eastern Suburbs.

If the team left the East, they would no longer be my team.

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
            In that scenerio - Can't see relocation, more likely to see a merge with Souths, Balmain etc
            Wash your mouth out then gargle some battery acid.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

At last night's Leagues Club AGM there was a vote which got up that paved the way for the development in Waverley (over furious objection) - subject to council and court approval. That development is no Sharks pie in the sky bullshit. It will secure our future for generations. It's a beauty.
              I don't get why people are against the redevelopment, its giving a better product to the community at no cost to the community and without taking anything away from the community.
              Nearly all the people that are arguing against it don't go there anyway. I know a few people that threw themselves into the anti redevelopment campaign but hadn't been there in the last 12 months.

On the relocation thing, the Roosters would still be my team but my passion for the game would be severely dented.
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

I don’t want more than 16 teams. The quality of footy would not be as good if there were more teams.

Comment

Damn straight!!!
                  Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    I don’t want more than 16 teams. The quality of footy would not be as good if there were more teams.
                    I agree that there should be no more teams, I also don't think we need teams anywhere else either.
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

It's not about where you live but where the team lives is different. My family were from Paddo - 50 Glenmore Road - amd the barn door is still there. Have a photo of dad on a horse in there dated around 1900. I'm an old codger and dad was abut as old when I was born. He would regale me with stories of Dally M, Harry Caples etcthrough to Andy Norval. And he did that because as soon as he read out the names of the teams in the competition I immediately picked Easts. I got plenty of Harold Horder and Frank Burge too of the old man.

My point here is that by then we were living around Punchbowl as they'd moved in the 20's for the rural life. So it's where your heart is.

I wasn't ES born but I was there most weekends at the old Sports Ground or SCG, or wherever the tricolours were playing. So there is an identification with the area that produced so many of thise stars. Roosters is in my DNA now but a relocation to Perth or wherever would not be my choice. Not that the Roosters wouldn't still be my team but it wouldn't be quite the same. Well I can't be sure but I'd have to wait and see, I doubt there is one fan on here who would favour relocation.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                        It's not about where you live but where the team lives is different. My family were from Paddo - 50 Glenmore Road - amd the barn door is still there. Have a photo of dad on a horse in there dated around 1900. I'm an old codger and dad was abut as old when I was born. He would regale me with stories of Dally M, Harry Caples etcthrough to Andy Norval. And he did that because as soon as he read out the names of the teams in the competition I immediately picked Easts. I got plenty of Harold Horder and Frank Burge too of the old man.

My point here is that by then we were living around Punchbowl as they'd moved in the 20's for the rural life. So it's where your heart is.

I wasn't ES born but I was there most weekends at the old Sports Ground or SCG, or wherever the tricolours were playing. So there is an identification with the area that produced so many of thise stars. Roosters is in my DNA now but a relocation to Perth or wherever would not be my choice. Not that the Roosters wouldn't still be my team but it wouldn't be quite the same. Well I can't be sure but I'd have to wait and see, I doubt there is one fan on here who would favour relocation.
                        I love this story!!! This magnificent club so rich in history will be around forever.Never relocate and if anyone asks would you still support the team if they were relocated the answer should be NO

Comment

You look at the last 110 years, at the change in the demographics of the eastern suburbs, the stealing of our juniors, the 'over-crowding' in the comp by teams from Sydney etc. and you'd have to say our survival was never guaranteed and is a bit of a miracle. Not just our survival, but our success. How important is smart leadership?!

No reason we can't do it for another 110 years out of the east. It would seem that Nick has set the club up to be financially sound for years to come. And why would a move to Adelaide or Perth, say, guarantee our survival? Teams there didn't work last time.

That said, Nick's not going to be around for ever and maybe things change when he's gone. Just saying. If it were a choice between no Roosters and the Roosters as, say, a second Brisbane team, I'd choose the East Brisbane Roosters. With away games, you'd still be able to see them play half a dozen times in Sydney every season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

I don't get why people are against the redevelopment, its giving a better product to the community at no cost to the community and without taking anything away from the community.
                            Nearly all the people that are arguing against it don't go there anyway. I know a few people that threw themselves into the anti redevelopment campaign but hadn't been there in the last 12 months.

On the relocation thing, the Roosters would still be my team but my passion for the game would be severely dented.
                            They were all moaning about infrastructure and traffic. Though some of them are the usual types always looking for a cause. It was very sweet to see them leave early like Souffs supporters at a semi when they lost the vote.

Comment

Geez there are some soft coqs on here. I've followed the Chooks for 45 years, most of them nowhere near Moore Park. Harden up.
                              Originally posted by jism
                              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

If we were relocated I reckon I'd burn down the NRL. I would ****ing do damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X