Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morris replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    What I couldn't work out is why was the outrage confined to Izzy just sending homosexuals to the big bbq?

    What about all us drunks and fornicators? Seems a tad harsh on all really...
    Some of the best comments on the Herald article were around "Guess I'm in, who's up for a party down there?", "I am 4/8 is that good enough to get me in?", or "do I need to be all of them, or will one of them get me down there?".

    Love it when common sense older folk can rip on with some self depracating humour.

    Comment


    • #47
      As a fornicating atheist, I’m well and truly fcuked it would seem.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

      Comment


      • #48
        He's a Christian and is entitled to his opinion as it's his faith, whether others agree with him or not it's their choice and their opinions . On him coming to the Roosters hell yeah would be nice.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

          I'm with you Mickie. Love to have Israel craving it up outside Joey Manu.
          Hopefully Toddy Greenturd will approve for Folau to make a return to the NRL
          > The Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) said it would not support his registration to play NRL.

          IMO this is a common sense approach. It's a pity that both codes will be losing such a talented player. However, I'm glad both have done this because it demonstrates they are fair dinkum about their respective anti-discrimination policies.

          As they put it, 'no vilification based on race, gender, religion or sexuality is acceptable and no language that isolates, divides or insults people based on any of those factors can be tolerated'. I agree and am confident my employer would treat me exactly the same if I did this kinda shyte.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
            He's a Christian and is entitled to his opinion as it's his faith, whether others agree with him or not it's their choice and their opinions . On him coming to the Roosters hell yeah would be nice.
            Very magnanimous of you. If Mundine said something controversial in terms of, say, Sharia Law would you be as forgiving? Let’s say Choc advocated the stoning to death of any woman who committed adultary. You’d be like “he’s a Muslim and is entitled to his opinion”, right?
            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

              Very magnanimous of you. If Mundine said something controversial in terms of, say, Sharia Law would you be as forgiving? Let’s say Choc advocated the stoning to death of any woman who committed adultary. You’d be like “he’s a Muslim and is entitled to his opinion”, right?
              What a bizarre comparison.

              What does Mundine have to do with any of this? He doesn't play Rugby Union, nor is he signed to any sporting organisation nor is he an option for the Roosters.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

                What a bizarre comparison.

                What does Mundine have to do with any of this? He doesn't play Rugby Union, nor is he signed to any sporting organisation nor is he an option for the Roosters.
                Ay? It was in response to Artie’s Pie’s comment. Mundine was just an example of another religious gobshite.
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                Comment


                • #53
                  I don't believe in hell (as a Roosters fan, pre-Gus, we already had our hell on earth) so it's a bit of a non-threat.

                  It's a tough one, because you want people to be able to say what they think. The only way minds can be changed is if people say what they really think and then you have a talk about it.

                  But Folau should be a bit more tolerant. The other 7 groups who he condemns to hell (just 7 Issie?) probably wouldn't have caused dramas, but saying gays should go to hell - and we're talking about a group of people who have been ****ed up the arse (ha!) by legislators for a while and who have been over-represented in suicide rates - is OTT. We can only hope that there is a time when this sort of criticism is water off a duck's back, but I'm not sure we're there yet.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

                    Very magnanimous of you. If Mundine said something controversial in terms of, say, Sharia Law would you be as forgiving? Let’s say Choc advocated the stoning to death of any woman who committed adultary. You’d be like “he’s a Muslim and is entitled to his opinion”, right?
                    Choc's entitled to his point of view not saying he's right but in this country our laws were based on Christian values not derived from Sharia Law in saying that your talking about an act that's been perpetrated by a fellow human being to another thus by my personal values that's a barbaric act. On Israel's Christian point of view and by a census taken at 2016 over 50 percent of Australia's population are Christian so by a Christian value set what he say's in regards to what happens to the group of people he is stating is correct by his and others who share the same set of beliefs.

                    But opinion has all become so very PC in today's society and any opinion that differs from what is considered "Norm or Trendy" is vilified.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I hate all Souths supporters.
                      Just trying to get back on topic....

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

                        Choc's entitled to his point of view not saying he's right but in this country our laws were based on Christian values not derived from Sharia Law in saying that your talking about an act that's been perpetrated by a fellow human being to another thus by my personal values that's a barbaric act. On Israel's Christian point of view and by a census taken at 2016 over 50 percent of Australia's population are Christian so by a Christian value set what he say's in regards to what happens to the group of people he is stating is correct by his and others who share the same set of beliefs.

                        But opinion has all become so very PC in today's society and any opinion that differs from what is considered "Norm or Trendy" is vilified.
                        Decent response - thanks.

                        I still think it’s weird to give someone with antiquated and dangerous religious points of view a free run in any case, and especially weird because of a census.
                        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          I hate all Souths supporters.
                          Just trying to get back on topic....
                          Would the nrl terminate our contract if we stated all vermin fans will go to hell?
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            "census taken at 2016 over 50 percent of Australia's population are Christian so by a Christian value set what he say's in regards to what happens to the group of people he is stating is correct by his and others who share the same set of beliefs."
                            Whilst the cencus data shows >50% Christian, the key point you state is "same set of beliefs", it's a pretty broad church and so I'd be very surprised if any of the people I know and associate with that ticked the census box for Christian have the very narrow, historical beliefs that izzie is sprouting. I"m one of the good Catholics, ie an ex-catholic, so I probably ticked that box, or Druid if it was there, and I'm repulsed by what he said.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              That’s it. Folau’s literalist Morman view is possibly only shared by JW’s, SDA’s and yer Pentecostals.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by The Axe View Post

                                Would the nrl terminate our contract if we stated all vermin fans will go to hell?
                                Hell is too good for that filthy lot. And as apparently I'm headed that way myself, I don't want them infecting my personal space
                                Roll on Season 2017 ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X