No announcement yet.

Mitchell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Latrell go last year, fellas? Best centre in the league by a freaking mile.

And you're... whinging? Why, because he didn't have 20 runs for 200m in round 2?

Comment

he was playing 5/8. its not his role to be scooting from dummy half early in the set

Comment

Latrell is a big game player. Undoubted.

Perhaps he hates playing in the rain???
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
          Read in the paper today that is why Andrew Johns left the Chooks..
          he criticised the players not getting the ball to Latrell after the Anzac game last year. The players got shits at the public spray. Johns defended his role in the media, saying he gets paid for his comments and opinion. And took the more lucrative of the two jobs.

Anyway, an immortal thinks the same as you ChookMaster
          I can't believe Johns was on our payroll for so long - often people say they've "quit" when they've been asked to leave in fact. I know it's probably a coincidence, but the moment he left our staff we started playing like premiership winners. He was something of a Trojan horse in our organisation.

Johns is a major reason I have the sound turned off if I have to watch the 9 coverage of our games - his monotonous death riding of us bores me to tears.

His most memorable moment for me was throwing his mouthguard into the turf after under his "leadership" his team blew a 15-2 lead against us in the 2000 prelim.

Comment

He's a 100kg+ centre, he's a power player not an endurance player like Teddy or Toops.

I don't care if he's not taking runs out of our own half, I want to see him taking more carries in the opposition 20. That we didn't see enough of last night and it was a bit disappointing considering he was playing 2nd receiver, there should have been more opportunities. But it's a new role, give the kid a break it's not as easy as it sounds to just 'have a run' when there's a structure and game plan to play to.

Comment

He said on roosters tv that the rain was stinging his eyes!! case closed, onto Parra.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                Latrell didn’t score a long range try so he is shit. Boo hoo.
                Not to mention he played out of position .
                I don't think anyone is saying he is shit.

It is a fair argument to say he lacks involvement at times.

He was very lazy in the last Manly try.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I think the coach knows what he's doing, have we forgotten how how dropped Mitchell to Wyong to wake him up?

Comment

Wouldn’t swap him for any centre in the game. If fact, wouldn’t swap him for any centre since Renouf.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                      He's a 100kg+ centre, he's a power player not an endurance player like Teddy or Toops.

I don't care if he's not taking runs out of our own half, I want to see him taking more carries in the opposition 20. That we didn't see enough of last night and it was a bit disappointing considering he was playing 2nd receiver, there should have been more opportunities. But it's a new role, give the kid a break it's not as easy as it sounds to just 'have a run' when there's a structure and game plan to play to.
                      I think we all agree that Latrel is a superstar, but would like him more involved. It's probably his only weakness. It will come together as he matures

Also Robbo mentioned that Latrel trained at 5/8 in the off-season, as a cover if something happens to the halves. So he wasn't really thrown into the deep end yesterday. It turned into a masterstroke, allowing young Lam to be eased into his grade debut with the game in the bag ...even though it got a little tight in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

The thing is though, yes he can change a game in single moment of brilliance, but when the tough gets going he does nothing. And that happens all year, now or October.
                        Are you talking about gi?

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                          Far out. Has one moment of brilliance then goes missing. Don't start with the we had no halves bs because I still saw toups, manu and even morris when he was on ( who made more meters despite playing one half ) taking the tough carries helping out or forwards.He is lazy and just stands there and lets the game come to him. He had 5 touches for 56 M. Perfect game for him to make strong carries and do the hard yards. Toups - 19 carries for 179 M and manu 12 carries for 125 M compared to Latrell.
                          He's a dry track man.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post

I think we all agree that Latrel is a superstar, but would like him more involved. It's probably his only weakness. It will come together as he matures

Also Robbo mentioned that Latrel trained at 5/8 in the off-season, as a cover if something happens to the halves. So he wasn't really thrown into the deep end yesterday. It turned into a masterstroke, allowing young Lam to be eased into his grade debut with the game in the bag ...even though it got a little tight in the end.
                            Yep, let’s not forget he is still young but I can see both side of the discussion here. There’s no harm in wanting more from one of our best players.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

new role? he played centre all second half... Look at marsters mate.. he weighs in at 105 KG and has more of a drive to hit it up.. I just don't understand this stance we have on him. Yes we love him and yes we also know he is one of our main stars but in my eyes that does not excuse him from getting into the game mate. If its too hard for him to ' have a run' then he shouldn't be a professional footy player mate cmon.
                              Last edited by ChookMaster; 03-24-2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                                How did Latrell go last year, fellas? Best centre in the league by a freaking mile.

And you're... whinging? Why, because he didn't have 20 runs for 200m in round 2?
                                no, im whinging because his lazy. Didn't go looking for the ball to help out the likes of JWH and cords who ran all night.

Comment

Working...
                                X