Mitchell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell

Far out. Has one moment of brilliance then goes missing. Don't start with the we had no halves bs because I still saw toups, manu and even morris when he was on ( who made more meters despite playing one half ) taking the tough carries helping out or forwards.He is lazy and just stands there and lets the game come to him. He had 5 touches for 56 M. Perfect game for him to make strong carries and do the hard yards. Toups - 19 carries for 179 M and manu 12 carries for 125 M compared to Latrell.

Definitely played within him self, but his goal kicking put us out of striking distance anyway, comps arn't won now, do you want him to peak now or in October?

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
      Definitely played within him self, but his goal kicking put us out of striking distance anyway, comps arn't won now, do you want him to peak now or in October?
      The thing is though, yes he can change a game in single moment of brilliance, but when the tough gets going he does nothing. And that happens all year, now or October.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

The thing is though, yes he can change a game in single moment of brilliance, but when the tough gets going he does nothing. And that happens all year, now or October.
        Yeah tell it to Will Chambers and see if he agrees with you

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Yeah tell it to Will Chambers and see if he agrees with you
          hahaha, I understand he is one of our star players and has a tonne of x factor, but his willingness to do the tough stuff lacks a lot. There needs to be a balance in a great footballer and currently Latrell is leaning too much on skill not attitude and hard work. I love the kid as much as anyone on here but tonight I could see him staying on the sidelines while our other backs went in and did the hard yards. Something Latrell can improve on and work on...

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

hahaha, I understand he is one of our star players and has a tonne of x factor, but his willingness to do the tough stuff lacks a lot. There needs to be a balance in a great footballer and currently Latrell is leaning too much on skill not attitude and hard work. I love the kid as much as anyone on here but tonight I could see him staying on the sidelines while our other backs went in and did the hard yards. Something Latrell can improve on and work on...
            Do you really think that his workload during a game is not part of the preconceived coaches plan?

Latrell is all about quality, not quantity.

The grunt work is the domain of the wingers where as our centres are the ferraris that break games open. And perhaps that's because they're fresh for the important touches.

But seriously, Latrell's lack of carries is through design by our meticulous coaches. It's got nothing to do with laziness.

Comment

ive been a critic of latrell before, but i think people need to cut him some slack here, he was playing in a foreign position to what he is used to, he kicked a 40/20 ran a couple of dangerous crash balls and im guessing robbo wpuld have said to him, just stay back, let keary do his thing, maybe when keary was off latrell was a little lost. i still feel were hoping latrell develops into a competent 5/8 th over the next season or 2, so we can justify significantly upgrading his wage as opposed to losing him to a desperate club willing to throw crazy money at him to be a strike centre or a second rate fullback compared to rts, tedesco, tommy turbo. call me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                Do you really think that his workload during a game is not part of the preconceived coaches plan?

The grunt work is the domain of the wingers where as our centres are the ferraris that break games open. And perhaps that's because they're fresh for the important touches.

But seriously, Latrell's lack of carries is through design by our meticulous coaches. It's got nothing to do with laziness.

so what are you trying to say? He doesn't have a motor on him and needs to contribute in selected times of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                  ive been a critic of latrell before, but i think people need to cut him some slack here, he was playing in a foreign position to what he is used to, he kicked a 40/20 ran a couple of dangerous crash balls and im guessing robbo wpuld have said to him, just stay back, let keary do his thing, maybe when keary was off latrell was a little lost. i still feel were hoping latrell develops into a competent 5/8 th over the next season or 2, so we can justify significantly upgrading his wage as opposed to losing him to a desperate club willing to throw crazy money at him to be a strike centre or a second rate fullback compared to rts, tedesco, tommy turbo. call me crazy.
                  Absolutely correct. If Latrell gets in to do the hard yard hit ups he will cop a earful from the coaching team- it's not his job. He gets the ball when something is on in attack-and even then you want to give it to him in space or use him as a decoy if he is heavily marked. Other than that you don't want him doing any of the donkey work in attack...thats a job for the donkeys

Comment

Ha ha that's funny. It's got everything to do with laziness. The rest of the back-line go looking for the ball, Tedesco even got in and had runs from dummy half. What's stopping Mitchell?

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Absolutely correct. If Latrell gets in to do the hard yard hit ups he will cop a earful from the coaching team- it's not his job. He gets the ball when something is on in attack-and even then you want to give it to him in space or use him as a decoy if he is heavily marked. Other than that you don't want him doing any of the donkey work in attack...thats a job for the donkeys
                      The fact that his own father on league life has blasted him about being lazy and it being a concern is enough for my point. Mitchell is one of my favourite players in the game and has immense potential and has already shown his dominance in games. BUT, my point is he can be really lazy at times.. we all know it, it is just straight bias if we don't acknowledge it. I can see manu who Mitchell himself rated ' one of the best centres in the game ' helping out, what makes it okay for him to stand out wide and not help out in wet and tough conditions ? JWH played the full 80 and was non stop in action. Please don't feed me this bs about him being coached to chime in at times, that's not a footballer and unfair on the team and the smaller boys who are helping out.

Comment

Also, I can contest.. what good ball did Latrell get tonight? He got sweet fa so what stopped him from following the other boys to help out?

Comment

Latrell didnít score a long range try so he is shit. Boo hoo.
                          Not to mention he played out of position .

Comment

Stop complaining about things out of our control. Robbo knows what he wants from Latrell and Iíd say Latrell is doing exactly what Robbo is telling him to do. Latrell is like a Ferrari, and itís common knowledge you donít flog a Ferrari. Yes Latrell can look busier at times but the times he does get involved in games are usually key moments involving key plays, like his stripping the ball one on one from Alex Johnston last week which put us in front of the vermin going into halftime. The kid still as a bit to learn but you canít argue with his will to win and his competitiveness, itís sky high.

Comment

Read in the paper today that is why Andrew Johns left the Chooks..
                              he criticised the players not getting the ball to Latrell after the Anzac game last year. The players got shits at the public spray. Johns defended his role in the media, saying he gets paid for his comments and opinion. And took the more lucrative of the two jobs.

Anyway, an immortal thinks the same as you ChookMaster
                              Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Working...
                              X