To put it simply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To put it simply

If Boyd held onto that ball early in the second half we win easily. They scored 2 lucky tries off kicks. We'll be fine

Nothing lucky about those tries.

In both instances Reynolds looks up to see exactly where the goal post is before he kicks, he does it at training endlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post

In both instances Reynolds looks up to see exactly where the goal post is before he kicks, he does it at training endlessly.

I donít agree. You rely totally on how the ball will bounce which canít be controlled. I consider it pure luck. But other than that we were outplayed all over the park and were terrible. No go forward whatsoever. Against big packs without players like Fergo and maybe Napa we are giung to struggle.we couldnít get out of our own half all night. Kicking game was off and Keary flick passing in the rain?

Comment

adam reynolds love or hate him is a very good kicker of a rugby league ball, short and long, he is deficient in some other areas, but with conditions as they were he was going to be dangerous. yes, he had a bit of luck hitting the posts, but he has more skill then most putting boot to ball, but im certainly not concerned yet, if we are 2 and 4 ill start panicking

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post

Tend to agree..

but your club club is full of grubs
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

I donít agree. You rely totally on how the ball will bounce which canít be controlled. I consider it pure luck. But other than that we were outplayed all over the park and were terrible. No go forward whatsoever. Against big packs without players like Fergo and maybe Napa we are giung to struggle.we couldnít get out of our own half all night. Kicking game was off and Keary flick passing in the rain?
            Agreed. Even if he did do it intentionally:
            - We kick at grubbers so you're very likely to give us the result we're wanting by hitting the posts.
            - You can't predict which angle an oval ball will hit the post and how it'll bounce off it on a boggy surface.

As you rightly not though... so what if they wer flukes? We gave them the lion's share of possession and that's why we lost.

Comment

With the steroids they give the padding around the posts these days, it's not hard for a skilful kicker to hit them. Very hard to defend against, but maybe we can be aware that our D is so good that other teams will try the same tactic. Maybe Teddy should try to include a bounce off the posts as an option when the ball is kicked towards them. Particularly when the kick seems to be hit too hard - you'd figure the kicker is therefore aiming at the posts.
              It's a skilful kick to hit the posts, but no kicker knows how it will bounce off the posts. There's still a bit of luck involved.

Comment

I bet Reynolds, with all his practiced post kicks, doesnít hit them again for at least the next 5 rounds.

We played like busteds but souffs did get very very lucky.
                I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Youíre kidding - I reckon I could hit the post similarly, 2/5 times. Reynolds has the best short kick in the game and would probably get it 4/5.
                  Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I saw a lot of similarities to our prelim final. Souths really struggled to break down our defence and crack our line. The kicking game in the conditions was superb but you need more than a kicking game to win the big games.

For all their dominace, territory and possesion we still made 5 linebreaks to their 2.

Don't underestimate Souths though they will be a differnet proposition under Bennett, I'm interested to see how they mix it up this time round.

Comment

We were off big time and we wonít play that bad again this season unless we lose six players to origin of course. But Souths look better and more grounded than last season and I have a sickening feeling they will thrive under Bennett. If I was a betting man Iíd be placing a bet on us playing them late in September.

Comment

There is no doubt he kicked for the posts. But you still gotta have an element of luck to hit them.
                        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                          I saw a lot of similarities to our prelim final. Souths really struggled to break down our defence and crack our line. The kicking game in the conditions was superb but you need more than a kicking game to win the big games.

For all their dominace, territory and possesion we still made 5 linebreaks to their 2.

Don't underestimate Souths though they will be a differnet proposition under Bennett, I'm interested to see how they mix it up this time round.
                          That's correct about the breaks but don't you think that these linebreaks were made because we had room to make those linebreaks being inside our half whereas souths seemed to be camped in our 20 for a big chunk of the game so the form of attack is different?

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

That's correct about the breaks but don't you think that these linebreaks were made because we had room to make those linebreaks being inside our half whereas souths seemed to be camped in our 20 for a big chunk of the game so the form of attack is different?
                            Not necessarily. The field is still as wide in side the 20 as it is on any other point of the field. It would affect Cook's game the most as he thrives on retreating defences but I thought it a greater reflection on Reynolds and Walker's inability to play into the line. I lost count of how many times the ball just died with Reynolds on a right edge sweep.

There were genuine opportunities presented to Souths too with the Manu and Morris combo looking very unsure of themselves to say the least

Daniel Tupou, Jake Friend and Aubusson all managed to get through the Rabbitohs line inside their 20m. Boyd Cordner too if he just held the ball. And that was with one tenth of the time in their 20 to theirs in ours.

Very reminiscent of the prelim final where they just didn't have the ball playing skills to crack our defence. As I said though I'll give them time under Bennett and save my judgment on their 2019 season for later.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                              There is no doubt he kicked for the posts. But you still gotta have an element of luck to hit them.
                              Exactly.
                              I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Working...
                              X