About what I expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I reckon Cords bombed try was a big turning point. He looked deflated after that. Got up as if his whole world had caved in.
    On the inside I think he was saying "oh NOOOO not again!"

One of my all time fave Roosters but with the line wide open I've never seen a player stuff up in such spectacular fashion as he lol He seems to lose his footing often.

But even that likely won't happen again. Also Toops reverted back to tanking over every mistake like he'd just run over a child in the driveway.

We showed some slick hands at times but on the whole it was the worst of the Roobo era Roosters. But it's rnd 1 and no one really cares.

1-6 in rnd 1 under Robbo. He doesn't care obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

3 not 2.
      Burgess try didn’t hit the post, classy play by cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        On the inside I think he was saying "oh NOOOO not again!"

One of my all time fave Roosters but with the line wide open I've never seen a player stuff up in such spectacular fashion as he lol He seems to lose his footing often.

But even that likely won't happen again. Also Toops reverted back to tanking over every mistake like he'd just run over a child in the driveway.

We showed some slick hands at times but on the whole it was the worst of the Roobo era Roosters. But it's rnd 1 and no one really cares.

1-6 in rnd 1 under Robbo. He doesn't care obviously.
        I think so too, 3-3 would be fine, should beat manly,parra and sharks, splitting one of the storm/broncos game would be ideal, but not crucial, injury free is main thing.

Comment

Reynolds is a very effective kicker, no doubt about it, even if he was lucky hitting the posts twice. His bombs were hard to handle in the rain too.

Looks like Bennett has copied Seibold's strategy of big forwards diving into defenders legs for voluntary tackles. That was the main factor in their rapid go forward that had our guys running backwards. They did this last year too in the early rounds and I thought they would be hard to beat as their forwards are so massive and Cook thrives on the strategy - until the refs starting calling them as voluntary tackles. And they didn't have any other game plan. Who knows if the NRL and refs will treat the voluntary tackle game plan differently this year now that all time great coach Skelator is in charge? We all know the "aura" he has amongst game officials...

Comment

Souths were the better team over 80 minutes, move on.

Comment

The wet weather made it difficult to make any real assessment however I am worried about our lack of fire power upfront. IMO JWH has lost his intimidation factor with age and Taukieaho and Tetevano aren’t big boppers to dominate the ruck. If we get one or two injuries in the forwards then we will struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                Also, we may miss Fergo a lot.
                Definitely! I would've given him the longer contract he wanted. He earned it. We will do a lot better though....Souffs, won't.

Comment

Gutted to lose to Vermin, but still proud of how well we did given the weight of possession, wet weather etc.

I'm pretty confident no other team defending our sets would have done anywhere near as well. We just didn't get our attacking chances under the conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                    we were definitely underdone, when we held the ball past tackle 4 we looked like scoring every time, we are notorious slow starters and wet track flops, for the most part our defense was terrific, those tries off kicks are always a concern for us, Souffs the March Premiers just held on to the ball and waited for our mistake. Apart from losing to these muppets it’s good to get the bad one out early
                    Very balanced and realistic perspective on where we are at right now.
                    Make no mistake this will be a tough year. Anyone thinking back to back is merely a case of the roosters turning up and playing average is a fool. However the level of negativity and pessimism dished up on the official match thread for this game is ridiculous. Let Souffs celebrate their round 1 2019 win while we continue to celebrate our 2018 prelim win. When it counts we will be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                      we were definitely underdone, when we held the ball past tackle 4 we looked like scoring every time, we are notorious slow starters and wet track flops, for the most part our defense was terrific, those tries off kicks are always a concern for us, Souffs the March Premiers just held on to the ball and waited for our mistake. Apart from losing to these muppets it’s good to get the bad one out early
                      Exactly!

Do we play 3 to 4 pre-season trials and win and look great in march?
                      Or do we win titles in Sept / Oct. ?

Comment

I could be wrong, but will souths get better then that?
                        I think they fired all their shots.

.We on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                          Also, we may miss Fergo a lot.
                          It will get more prevalent as the year go's on. Fergo was our best front rower which helped JWH & SST so much.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                            If thats all souffs have. They wont go to far. The game lost. 4 tries from kicks and 3 of those are less than a 50/50 chance of getting.
                            The Graham try and the Johnston try were not of kicks

Comment

Oh please.

You dropped balls because you were monstered by good defence, you had less ball than Souths because Souths played a better strategic game and had Reynolds getting repeat sets, Souths tries were not in the least lucky, they were the result of an outstanding kicking game from Cook and Reynolds, your forwards didn't step up because they got bullied by Sam Burgess all night, hence why your coach was scared to put Crichton on until Sam went off.

You were beaten by a clearly better side.

Show some pride and dignity, cop the loss on the chin and stop trying to make really lame excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post
                                Oh please.

You dropped balls because you were monstered by good defence, you had less ball than Souths because Souths played a better strategic game and had Reynolds getting repeat sets, Souths tries were not in the least lucky, they were the result of an outstanding kicking game from Cook and Reynolds, your forwards didn't step up because they got bullied by Sam Burgess all night, hence why your coach was scared to put Crichton on until Sam went off.

You were beaten by a clearly better side.

Show some pride and dignity, cop the loss on the chin and stop trying to make really lame excuses.
                                Agreed.
                                Have you got over last years smashing in the semi final?
                                We were better than you guys, even without latrell and naps.

Comment

Working...
                                X