About what I expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About what I expected

we were definitely underdone, when we held the ball past tackle 4 we looked like scoring every time, we are notorious slow starters and wet track flops, for the most part our defense was terrific, those tries off kicks are always a concern for us, Souffs the March Premiers just held on to the ball and waited for our mistake. Apart from losing to these muppets it’s good to get the bad one out early
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Well said. Let’s not forget 2 of their tries we’re off kicks that hit the posts. You would hardly see that once per team in an entire season, let alone twice in one game.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
      Well said. Let’s not forget 2 of their tries we’re off kicks that hit the posts. You would hardly see that once per team in an entire season, let alone twice in one game.
      3 not 2.

Comment

It was what I expected too, but thats not negative.
        Last season I thought we sometimes looked good but never looked great until the semis.
        I think Robinson coaches for the season and its about the Roosters not as much about what the other team are doing.
        Last night Bennett brought out the plan to beat the Roosters. It was clever. Do I think that will beat us at the end of the season and do I think that Souths will get any better. No to both
        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
        sigpic

Comment

What I posted in the gameday thread

Disappointing performance

Timing was out, knock-ons and forward passes

Errors coming very early in the set mainly in our get out sets, giving them good start field position

Piggyback penalties on their get out sets, giving them good field position leading to one of their tries.

With a 2:1 ratio of penalties, 15 errors, just over 40% possession which was mainly in poor field position, poor completion rates and complete nearly 400 tackles in a game, with 113 more tackles than the opposition, then their metres run are going to be good.

If I was Souths and I didn’t win I would be crushed.

Big positive for us was for the moments when we addressed all of the above and got in their 20 we scored well-constructed tries.

All of the above will only get better week to week.

That aside hate losing to Souths and rationalising what went on is small consolation.

Comment

those two post kicks tho... really wish we would do what the NFL do and have 1 post behind the deadball line and have the goal hang over ... because the % of scoring a try from hitting it is insanely high .
            My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
            My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

They put themselves in a position to score three tries off good kick chases.

If this is going to be a key to their 5th tackle options - defenders need to be more aware off the ball two and three out and defend those kick lines better and look for the kick chasers lines.

Comment

We were poor but we hung in for most of the game and looked way better in attack in good field position than they did. If we had held onto the ball more we would've won. Just not our day unfortunately.

IMO, their defence was poor and cracked easily. If I was Bennett, I would be more worried. Their defence was loose like a wizards sleeve

Comment

Also, we may miss Fergo a lot.

Comment

If thats all souffs have. They wont go to far. The game lost. 4 tries from kicks and 3 of those are less than a 50/50 chance of getting.
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

About what I expected too...which is why I stayed home [I don't live at Bondi anymore] and didn't watch the game, taped it.

Wet, no trial here, SCG, "Roosters favourites to win the comp", "Latrell will smash Inglis".etc

What's with the 30 minute warm ups, players are worn out before the match starts.

"Slippery and soggy SCG" todays paper says.
                      We have to learn to play in the wet.

We are a big prop short.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

3 not 2.
                        Sorry mate. I only remember 2 off the posts unless one happened in the last 5 mins after I went to bed?
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

We had 43% possession and completed our sets at 64% but had 5 LBs to 2.

And Souffs with 3 tries off kicks including 2 off the posts where as we had 3 through the hands with Cords doing his usual try bomb as well.

So I just see us as the much better team all things considered. Come our rnd 25 clash we'll be entrenched in the top 4 where as Souffs will be praying to avoid injuries all year just to hang onto us when it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
                            those two post kicks tho... really wish we would do what the NFL do and have 1 post behind the deadball line and have the goal hang over ... because the % of scoring a try from hitting it is insanely high .
                            I dont think its that high really. I think we were very very unlucky last night. May not have changed the outcome as they obviously earned their field position to be able to capitalize on it but it was very opportunistic and they benefited from it. I reckon if you asked Reynolds to kick 5 at the posts again, he would struggle to hit one. He certainly got lucky last night but was able to make his own luck on the back of the field position.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              We had 43% possession and completed our sets at 64% but had 5 LBs to 2.

And Souffs with 3 tries off kicks including 2 off the posts where as we had 3 through the hands with Cords doing his usual try bomb as well.

So I just see us as the much better team all things considered. Come our rnd 25 clash we'll be entrenched in the top 4 where as Souffs will be praying to avoid injuries all year just to hang onto us when it matters.
                              I reckon Cords bombed try was a big turning point. He looked deflated after that. Got up as if his whole world had caved in.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                              X