Did you like the SCG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Gladys is the one trying to build a great new stadium...a great new rectangular stadium with big screens, covered seating, even better than Allianz.
    I am still of the belief that they could have updated Allianz by putting in a sprinkler system, putting in more openings in the metal fence surrounding the ground for more safe exits and adding a few more women’s toilets. I have been going to the SFS since it opened and being female didn’t have a problem with occasionally having to queue for the toilets. All those improvements I mentioned could have been done in one season and we wouldn’t have this situation now. I don’t care if we have a smack new stadium, I just want to be able to go and watch the game. This was hard to do last night. Anyway, guess there’s no way back now. All hinges on the election as to what we get in the future. Just hope it’s all worth it in the long run.

Comment

Hmmm, judging by the comments here the SCG for us is a dismal failure.

But what other choices are there?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
        Hmmm, judging by the comments here the SCG for us is a dismal failure.

But what other choices are there?
        Unfortunately I think we are locked in there for the next 3 years.

Comment

Not many, unfortunately, Bondi Boy.

It's going to be a tough few years, I don't know what the contractual arrangements with the SCG Trust are, but I still as I was advocating early in the discussion that our club uses these years to revisited games heritage in suburban grounds.

How about the game against the Titans let’s move it to Henson Park, North Sydney Oval ( Play a doubleheader with North Sydney Bears ) or even Leichhardt Oval.

8000 to 12,000 fans in the SCG would be an atmosphere disaster.
          Last edited by Frozen Chook; 03-16-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Not the greatest experience. Still can't work out why we can't play games at Leichhardt Oval or even the new Parramatta Stadium.

Did anyone go to the Roosters Member Bar?

$11.30 for a beer!
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Unfortunately I think we are locked in there for the next 3 years.
              That lock in would probably be on the guarantee that we get a new stadium, if that contract is broken, then ours probably could be too,

surely the roosters could could build a 30k capacity Politis stadium in the vicinity, a final legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                Not the greatest experience. Still can't work out why we can't play games at Leichhardt Oval or even the new Parramatta Stadium.

Did anyone go to the Roosters Member Bar?

$11.30 for a beer!

Next in line for a royal commission

Comment

Watching from TV it was just another stadium.

Yes the result was disappointing but we always get done big larger teams in the rain. That's when guys like Burgess x 2 are at their best... English weather and limited opportunities to run around them.

There will be more footy. I'll visit the stadium. Things will get better...

Not gonna enter Wilston.Boy's political debate other than to say that the SFS is by far the newest and most contemporary stadium in the precinct. It cost $60 million a few years back, has a modern architectual design (much newer than say Belmore, Shark Park, Leichardt, Campbelltown, Brookie, Bruce Stadium...etc) and yet we're considering a total ripoff, circa $1 billion re-build (similar to how Stuart Ayres threw $40 of our money at a friend's Penrith farm so that his friend could then buy back the historic homestead for $2 million and spend the rest on lavish renovations, while reducing his rates + land tax because the surrounding land is now government land... I mean WTF?!?!?)

IMO you'd be better off upgrading the facilities at ES Mark's so that the community has an athletics track and a secondary footy field that can seat 25,000 (e.g. similar to Bruce Stadium or Liechardt or something). A packed ES Mark's with Centrepoint Tower, the Harbour Bridge, Moore Park and the Sydney skyline in the background would be majestic (and damn our songs would echo through a smaller stadium... our fortress!!!) The truth about rugby league is that it's best suited for smaller stadiums because then you're closer to the action. You could do it all at Mark's for less than $50 million without having to kick us outta the SFS (and then renovate the SFS a little once it's done using $150 million of your ~$950 million in spare change). You'd also have the added bonus of allowing elite athletes to train in the eastern suburbs... which could attract international, national and state carnivals to our side of town. I'd love to see ES Mark's brought back to life as the premier sports stadium it once was.
                  Last edited by ism22; 03-16-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

The place is a tip. I only get the Bronze Membership and take my 2 young Daughters to pretty much every game, travelling nearly 1hr30min each way to do so. While we are at the SCG i will basically attend 0 games, will instead watch them play other teams at grounds closer to home

Comment

Will be terrible when we get our typical crowd of 10-12,000.
                      Will be like a ghost town. At least the members bar had a good selection of beers.

Comment

Not ideal but still better than the other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                          The place is a tip. I only get the Bronze Membership and take my 2 young Daughters to pretty much every game, travelling nearly 1hr30min each way to do so. While we are at the SCG i will basically attend 0 games, will instead watch them play other teams at grounds closer to home
                          That’s pretty poor.

Support your team.

Comment

Just before kick off the tv camera on the western side was showing the field and looking into the Stand where Roosters gold and silver members seating is situated.
                            This seating looked elevated...with the Chookpen being at ground level, not very steeped.
                            The Bronze membership section seemed to also not to be steeped much...and not covered.
                            Roosters Gold and Silver members area doesn't have a good view?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

That’s pretty poor.

Support your team.
                              lol i have attended home games for years with over 3hrs travel, that doesnt include getting in and out of ground/car park. Moving to the SCG was always going to affect crowds. It is a pathetic place to watch league. What is pretty poor imo is naive supporters thinking this move wasn't going to affect the club in the short term

Comment

Everyone summed this up.

ill add that I feel we will only get to see firsts in order to preserve playing surface. No reserves.

We sat in front of Russell Fairfax and his family in noble stand. Behind posts about 20 metres higher than playing field. Poor view of other side of field. Tvs critical so I understand how frustrating for those without sight of screens

dont like other options of travelling to other grounds so we sit there every home game, support our club and get bent over whilst both sides of politics bend us over until solution found and built

finally the SCG takes bitcoin for those who can afford booze and food
                                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Working...
                                X