No announcement yet.

Once again Trent well and truly out coached by Mr Handshake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, not too bothered. After going through last years season start and the roosters having only the world club challenge as a trial, I expect the roosters to build up steam. Not having Fergo was noticeable though (hopefully thatís where Hall comes in), but hopefully we can crunch the vermin in the second round we play them. Our attack in the last 5 minutes was ruthless, we made a lot of ground in our sets. Looking forward to seeing that in the year
    "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Simple answer. No. Could it cost us later? Simple answer as well. Yes.
      Well if you thought weíd have a perfect season then youíre going to have a very long year. I predict weíll lose a few games and still make the top four.!

Comment

That was a typical and poor round 1 performance from the Roosters. They never looked in control and I agree with the OP; coach smiley's teams always seem to have the measure of the Roosters. Unlike the drizzle, the Roosters don't have a history of winning round 1 games.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

We looked and played like we were underdone. Starved of possession through most of the first half. When we finally got an opportunity we capitalised on it. All the D in the first half caught up with us in the second half. Hopefully Gussy gets more game time next match cause he needs to get his timing right. Will take time to gel. Really missed Fergo. Reynolds killed us with those kicks that hit the post. I can see a big improvement next game. Similar situation to first round last year. Early days. Long season. Come the pointy end we will be there

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Well if you thought weíd have a perfect season then youíre going to have a very long year. I predict weíll lose a few games and still make the top four.!
            Iím not disputing that at all ROC. Iím just saying that I donít buy the whole argument that round one is unimportant and a loss means nothing.
            I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Nick was seen having breakfast with Jim Dymock & Trent Barrett this morning. Robbo's gone.
              "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
              So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
              ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
              I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

Iím not disputing that at all ROC. Iím just saying that I donít buy the whole argument that round one is unimportant and a loss means nothing.

Of course it's important to have a good start and mainly for the morale of the team. It's also important on a bragging right level but that's mainly for the fans. I'm sure Robbo and everyone else went to get the first game out of the way and get the two points... But this may serve as a form of complacency antidote and you'd want that to happen now than in round 25 and finals. Like I said, we are still likely to lose another 3-5 games this season but as long as we make the top 4 or at worst the top 8, then that is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Smee View Post

Nope. Just for once I'd like us to beat, no thrash the vermin in round one, and actually thrash a Bennett coached team.
                  No true Roosters fan could forget this knight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNlVWiNgyDQ

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Of course it's important to have a good start and mainly for the morale of the team. It's also important on a bragging right level but that's mainly for the fans. I'm sure Robbo and everyone else went to get the first game out of the way and get the two points... But this may serve as a form of complacency antidote and you'd want that to happen now than in round 25 and finals. Like I said, we are still likely to lose another 3-5 games this season but as long as we make the top 4 or at worst the top 8, then that is all that matters.
                    Agreed and to make the top four or dare we say it, the eight, you need wins. Why not get them early and take the added pressure off later when attrition will be tested and the comp is sure to be very closely contested?

Im not upset about last night but im just looking at the lost 2 points and the lost bragging rights over that stinking, filthy club.

For all our shortcomings last night, remove the goal posts and souffs lose to a side that was well under performed.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                      We looked and played like we were underdone. Starved of possession through most of the first half. When we finally got an opportunity we capitalised on it. All the D in the first half caught up with us in the second half. Hopefully Gussy gets more game time next match cause he needs to get his timing right. Will take time to gel. Really missed Fergo. Reynolds killed us with those kicks that hit the post. I can see a big improvement next game. Similar situation to first round last year. Early days. Long season. Come the pointy end we will be there
                      Yep well said.

IMO it's inaccurate to say we were out-coached because it wasn't a very technical game. It was a messy first round game in rain that made it absolutely impossible to run around them.

Roosters have lighter forwards and awesome halves/backs so tend to run around teams. Thus, we struggle during those 2 or 3 games a season where it's bucketing down and open up when it's normal weather.

Teams with a lot of large forwards will always have the upper hand in wet weather because there's far less lateral ball movement.

Yes this is one of our weaknesses. However, it allows us to take control of the more technical games (i.e. every other game of the season, including the tighter games later on in the season). Souffs had all the possession and almost 100% completions and still struggled to put us to bed (but for 2 lucky tries off the post that you can't really defend against).

So what? I like to win, but my Souffs 'friends' are jumping up and down like they've juat put us to the sword in a grand final or something. Congrats to them, but it's not like the result says much about our respective seasons. If anything I think we're ahead of where we were when we played them in early 2018...

Souffs felt the same as last year. However, they've signed a grub who got clocked doing 140km/hr in a 70 zone while registering a BAC of 0.176. I'm sure he'll fit right in with their culture of cheating wife bashers, DUI'ers, dudes who smash cars with signposts and dudes who expose themselves to randoms online.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        Nick was seen having breakfast with Jim Dymock & Trent Barrett this morning. Robbo's gone.
                        Have we really sunk that low?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

No true Roosters fan could forget this knight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNlVWiNgyDQ
                          Ha. The noughts have been pathetic for atleast a decade.

Comment

Every game holds importance but itís better to learn from our mistakes earlier than later
                            "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Every game holds importance but itís better to learn from our mistakes earlier than later
                              Very true, we learned we didnt get the two points to our arch enemies. We dont need to learn too much (although you can never stop learning), we just didnt execute what we already know.

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Agreed. Doubt Wayne would be happy with Walker... probably kicked his @rse and was like dude, don't give Cronk a reason to school you in the finals.Take a big fat piece of humble pie and STFU or I'll drop you to park footy.

Comment

Working...
                                X