Clear All

• Latrell after Meninga's record

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...ecord/?cs=4783

Phew I thought this thread was about latrell going into politics
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
      Phew I thought this thread was about latrell going into politics
      You mean Latrell announcing his commitment to and resignation from politics in an even shorter presser than big Mal, lol.

Comment

And it's a great article - 'I want to achieve what I want to achieve, not what someone else wants me to achieve.'

Comment

Flight risk. Big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
            Flight risk. Big time.
            Like he said in an interview on roosters.com, he's a marquee player so, yes, he'll be in demand and is a potential flight risk.

I think Billy Slater suggested that Adam O'Brien might devise more ways to get him into the game. If we can do that, no reason why he shouldn't be happy staying in the centres - so long as we pay him what he's worth.

Hope all the cards fall into place but, at the very least, we've got him for the next two years.

Comment

I thought this was about LM scoring 5 tries in one game. Just like Mal did against us in 88 when Raiders beat us 66-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                I thought this was about LM scoring 5 tries in one game. Just like Mal did against us in 88 when Raiders beat us 66-4.
                Have to correct that one as Beetson was coach in 1988. The 66 to 4 debacle came in 1990 and was the highlight of Russell Fairfax's coaching career.

It was in the day when we have a plethora of Union stars. Michael Cook was Mal's opposite number and Matt Burke played on the wing with his brother Brad half back. One of our early experiemnts with dual captains, Hughie McGahan and Paul Vautin. Poor Hughie didn't deserve that.

We also had Salvatori, Gilmeister and Trewhella in the pack that day. But maybe Trewhella was having nightmares of 87 every time 5 try Mal got the ball.

Last edited by Louis N; 03-11-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X