Cam’s in it for Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam’s in it for Cam

how did this bloke ever captain our country?

at twilight of his career asking $1m forcing storm to shed players. Then comes out talking about salary cap relief for 300 game players at one club. Benefits his club

last week doesn’t ask for cronulla to have title stripped. Asks storms to be reinstated

note how many times he uses me and I in his media clips
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Melbourne skipper Cameron Smith believes the NRL should reward the game's most loyal servants by making one-club, 300-game players fully exempt from the salary cap.

Comment

Melbourne captain Cameron Smith has dropped another bombshell on the NRL on the eve of the 2019 season, calling for the Storm’s 2007 and 2009 premierships to be reinstated after Cronulla’s 2016 title was allowed to stand last week.

Comment

He really is trying to milk as much as he can from the nrl
        EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

My first boss in the workplace, told me;

"Look after yourself first in this world, son...because nobody else will".

Which is a good policy...but you have to be a bit reasonable as well.

Wonder at what point of his current life he thought going anywhere near the 'Storm's 2007 and 2009 premierships" was a good idea and 'looking after himself first'?
          The NRL has already stated that the alleged Cronulla salary cap cheating didn't apply in the year they won the premiership.

I agree with him about one club, 300 game players.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
            how did this bloke ever captain our country?

at twilight of his career asking $1m forcing storm to shed players. Then comes out talking about salary cap relief for 300 game players at one club. Benefits his club

last week doesn’t ask for cronulla to have title stripped. Asks storms to be reinstated

note how many times he uses me and I in his media clips
            He captained Australia because he is the most influential player to ever play the game. That is the most influential on the RESULT. He is the winningest player ever who played more than a two hundred games.

He said that according to the punishment handed down to Cronulla , Melbourne should have their Titles back, which is correct, but I would rather see Cronulla's title taken away from them, although it dirties winning a title for the whole game.

He is also correct about a discount for 300 game players at one club, we want to reward loyalty and longevity and not see class players forced out at the end of their careers.

Smith is not a follower, but a leader, and what he says is correct., As for him getting a million a yea.... he could have had more than that anywhere else.

Comment

NRL says the Sharks were under the cap the year they won the premiership, that they were legal.
              No title to be taken away from them.

The Storm on the other hand...guilty in 2007 and 2009, teams illegal...titles taken away.
              Melbourne should never get those titles back.

No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.
              Last edited by bondi.boy; 03-09-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                NRL says the Sharks were under the cap the year they won the premiership, that they were legal.
                No title to be taken away from them.

The Storm on the other hand...guilty in 2007 and 2009, teams illegal...titles taken away.
                Melbourne should never get those titles back.

No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.
                There is plenty of doubt about how serious Cronulla's offences were. They were THEORETICALLY under the cap when they won. But the bottom line is they cheated over a number of years and I would love to see their title stripped. The NRL didn't have a clue either of them were over the cap til someone dobbed them in. There are sure no Harvard degree owners working there.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

There is plenty of doubt about how serious Cronulla's offences were. They were THEORETICALLY under the cap when they won. But the bottom line is they cheated over a number of years and I would love to see their title stripped. The NRL didn't have a clue either of them were over the cap til someone dobbed them in. There are sure no Harvard degree owners working there.
                  Maybe this is why a system of points or dollar value should be used to assess the cap.

eg;

100 points for a test player
                  50 points for an SOO player
                  30 points for an established first grader who's played a certain number of games.
                  20 points for a first grader who's played less than that number

or something like that.

or a dollar value on each player according to a agreed table between the NRL and Clubs.

Test, SOO, first grade, number of games played, age..etc.
                  a formula.

The NRL has every player's registered contract since he first starts playing NRL...surely they could police a cap system like that ...or maybe not.

Comment

I never liked smith and i look forward to the chooks smashing smith and the storm again this year

Comment

Having watched the game for 45 years, I can honestly say that I cannot see why all the fuss about this bloke. Greatest of all time? I could not put him in my top 50.

Comment

Cameron Smith is the most overrated player of all time and a cheat

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
                          Cameron Smith is the most overrated player of all time and a cheat
                          He's a quality player... a thinker. But yeah, you wonder how things woulda gone if he'd done his time on $200k a year as a reserve grade utility behind Gidley at the Knights rather than being thrust into the limelight as the mastermind behind genius plays like... oh fark who do I pass to out of [$4 million more players than any other club had at the time].

IMO Smith certainly has the skills to boot... especially now having captained Australia for how many years? He's a bona fide legend despite the fact I hate him.

My question will always be how much he benefited from the Storm having QLD's Origin development recruiters funnelling players into Melbourne, News Ltd running EVERYTHING (NRL + the Storm) and Melbourne then being ~$4M over the what... $5-6 million cap at the time? IMO he was very lucky to be in that position and to have been paid a salary that woulda been significantly more than any other club could afford at the time. Half a decade of NRL seasons (and all the efforts the other 15 clubs put i to them! are basically 'no result' seasons now which really $uxxx for fans!!!

IMO Smith should have some more respect for this. He's a great player but he's only ever played within a bubble. Betcha if he spent just 1 season playing for Parra he'd learn to respect how much damage his club's cheating did to them in 2009. Correct me if I'm wrong but they haven't made the finals since, they've since been done for a minor salary cap breach, their star recruit has been ruled out for the season on sexual assault charges (so they'll be $1 million under the cap) and their only way of attracting new players is to throw $$$ at guys like Fergo. Sorry Cam... I have the Storm and Parra equally. However, farking up their only chance of a premiership in the last decade like that is criminal!!!

So the Sharks were over the cap by $250k, boo hoo. The Storm systematically farked over the NRL producing 1/2 a decade of no results. Cam is farking lucky to have kept a bunch of premierships, Dally M's, caps and all the $$$ associated with it as a result. IMO a lot of other young, talented hookers coulda been 'Cam Smith' had they happened upon the right club at the right time. His trademark skill is being calm and confident... as they say, success breeds success. Cam's not a phoney but he's fukking lucky and IMO needs to show a bit more respect towards the hand that's fed him all this time. He's be an absolute nobody without the NRL and the cheating Storm... absolute nobody guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He's a quality player... a thinker. But yeah, you wonder how things woulda gone if he'd done his time on $200k a year as a reserve grade utility behind Gidley at the Knights rather than being thrust into the limelight as the mastermind behind genius plays like... oh fark who do I pass to out of [$4 million more players than any other club had at the time].

IMO Smith certainly has the skills to boot... especially now having captained Australia for how many years? He's a bona fide legend despite the fact I hate him.

My question will always be how much he benefited from the Storm having QLD's Origin development recruiters funnelling players into Melbourne, News Ltd running EVERYTHING (NRL + the Storm) and Melbourne then being ~$4M over the what... $5-6 million cap at the time? IMO he was very lucky to be in that position and to have been paid a salary that woulda been significantly more than any other club could afford at the time. Half a decade of NRL seasons (and all the efforts the other 15 clubs put i to them! are basically 'no result' seasons now which really $uxxx for fans!!!

IMO Smith should have some more respect for this. He's a great player but he's only ever played within a bubble. Betcha if he spent just 1 season playing for Parra he'd learn to respect how much damage his club's cheating did to them in 2009. Correct me if I'm wrong but they haven't made the finals since, they've since been done for a minor salary cap breach, their star recruit has been ruled out for the season on sexual assault charges (so they'll be $1 million under the cap) and their only way of attracting new players is to throw $$$ at guys like Fergo. Sorry Cam... I have the Storm and Parra equally. However, farking up their only chance of a premiership in the last decade like that is criminal!!!

So the Sharks were over the cap by $250k, boo hoo. The Storm systematically farked over the NRL producing 1/2 a decade of no results. Cam is farking lucky to have kept a bunch of premierships, Dally M's, caps and all the $$$ associated with it as a result. IMO a lot of other young, talented hookers coulda been 'Cam Smith' had they happened upon the right club at the right time. His trademark skill is being calm and confident... as they say, success breeds success. Cam's not a phoney but he's fukking lucky and IMO needs to show a bit more respect towards the hand that's fed him all this time. He's be an absolute nobody without the NRL and the cheating Storm... absolute nobody guaranteed.
                            great post spot on. parra made finals in 2017, but yea the storm cheated and even the 2012 premiership has question marks to me. too have smith, slater, cronk , inglis in the same team after they established themselves ???

Comment

Could you imagine the uproar if the Roosters were 5 cents over the salary cap any season? Every supporter from other clubs would be demanding the Roosters be stripped of all 14 premierships!

I really believe Cam Smith is right.....the NRL has to make a call on either stripping the Sharks of their title or reinstating the 2 Storm premierships.
                              The Sharks set up a company to facilitate third party payments over a number of years- that's blatant cheating. The amounts shouldn't come into question- its the intent. I mean who really believes that in 2013,2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018 the Sharks were cheating.....but they were ok in 2016 the year they won the premiership? They got off easy with the ASADA investigation and Shane Flanagan should have been booted in 2015 after disregarding the no communication rule when suspended in 2014 for his role in the Asada scandal. The whole club has been a cluster F#%K for the last 6 years. I really believe that if it wasn't the clubs first premiership they would have been stripped of the title.

Comment

Working...
                              X