No announcement yet.

Camís in it for Cam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol this forum is a good laugh sometimes. If Smith is overrated and not in the top 50 players of all time then you may as well watch soccer because you have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
      Could you imagine the uproar if the Roosters were 5 cents over the salary cap any season? Every supporter from other clubs would be demanding the Roosters be stripped of all 14 premierships!

I really believe Cam Smith is right.....the NRL has to make a call on either stripping the Sharks of their title or reinstating the 2 Storm premierships.
      The Sharks set up a company to facilitate third party payments over a number of years- that's blatant cheating. The amounts shouldn't come into question- its the intent. I mean who really believes that in 2013,2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018 the Sharks were cheating.....but they were ok in 2016 the year they won the premiership? They got off easy with the ASADA investigation and Shane Flanagan should have been booted in 2015 after disregarding the no communication rule when suspended in 2014 for his role in the Asada scandal. The whole club has been a cluster F#%K for the last 6 years. I really believe that if it wasn't the clubs first premiership they would have been stripped of the title.
      My point is Cam Smith was not calling for Cronulla to be stripped of Premiership; rather he was pushing the agenda of reinstating Stormís Premiership.

he asked for a truckload of dosh knowing it would have downstream consequences to playing group. His response is to offer discounts to a scenario that benefits him. Not any 300 game player; just the one club 300 players. Why limit it onlt to single club players?

it is Cam who benefits in both scenarios.

no dispute he is the best hooker Iíve seen except perhaps the few games the axe played at hooker. Hahaha
      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

My point is Cam Smith was not calling for Cronulla to be stripped of Premiership; rather he was pushing the agenda of reinstating Stormís Premiership.

he asked for a truckload of dosh knowing it would have downstream consequences to playing group. His response is to offer discounts to a scenario that benefits him. Not any 300 game player; just the one club 300 players. Why limit it onlt to single club players?

no dispute he is the best hooker Iíve seen except perhaps the few games the axe played at hooker. Hahaha
        Ok i see your point

Cam Smith is the best dummy half to ever play the game no doubt. There's no such position as hooker anymore. If scrums were fair dinkum he would have been lucky to have played 200 games let alone 300. A hooker like Elwyn Walters or Noel Kelly would have had Smith pissing in his pants

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Maybe this is why a system of points or dollar value should be used to assess the cap.

eg;

100 points for a test player
          50 points for an SOO player
          30 points for an established first grader who's played a certain number of games.
          20 points for a first grader who's played less than that number

or something like that.

or a dollar value on each player according to a agreed table between the NRL and Clubs.

Test, SOO, first grade, number of games played, age..etc.
          a formula.

The NRL has every player's registered contract since he first starts playing NRL...surely they could police a cap system like that ...or maybe not.
          one floor with that method is what happens to the guy who isnt a rep or soo player, but debuts that year in both. but the following year he then joins the rep and soo player group can be ousted because that team now has more rep and soo than another club. we will be farked.
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
            Could you imagine the uproar if the Roosters were 5 cents over the salary cap any season? Every supporter from other clubs would be demanding the Roosters be stripped of all 14 premierships!

I really believe Cam Smith is right.....the NRL has to make a call on either stripping the Sharks of their title or reinstating the 2 Storm premierships.
            The Sharks set up a company to facilitate third party payments over a number of years- that's blatant cheating. The amounts shouldn't come into question- its the intent. I mean who really believes that in 2013,2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018 the Sharks were cheating.....but they were ok in 2016 the year they won the premiership? They got off easy with the ASADA investigation and Shane Flanagan should have been booted in 2015 after disregarding the no communication rule when suspended in 2014 for his role in the Asada scandal. The whole club has been a cluster F#%K for the last 6 years. I really believe that if it wasn't the clubs first premiership they would have been stripped of the title.
            The whole Cronulla "charity" 2016 premiership still stinks, like the 2014 Vermin pride of the league horseshit.

Sharks got hit with a feather. What was it, like three games suspension with all the asada peptites stuff.
            Don't really give a shit if the storm get back the dodgy premierships, but if the sharks get to keep theirs with all the uncertainty surrounding being over the cap plus peptide saga, either all reinstated or reversed. Can you tell I dislike the sharks lol.

Yes ALL players/clubs should get some sort of salary cap discount if they play over 300 games, be it with one or multiple clubs. Not many get to the 300 club.
            Cam Smith will be NRL CEO in the next decade.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Smith could have got more money elsewhere, so whatever he is getting he deserves, and he is right about the reward for ONE CLUB 300 plus players, it's about rewarding LOYALTY and longevity. Fans love ONE CLUB players. Offering a discount for journeymen makes no sense.

I certainly am no huge fan of Smith's manipulation of the game, pushing the boundaries of the rules etc, but he has produced more wins than any other player in the game, and if he was a Rooster for the last 15 yeas we would have at least 4 more titles. He is a different beast to anyone who has played the game before.

Comment

What astounds me is a few years ago after the Cronulla sponsor a security company who was pissed off by Cronulla contacted the NRL that he was forced each year to pay his sponsorship in cash..His money was declared tax paid etc. so he had no qualms about it.The purpose he stated at time ws the club was playing players cash....along those lines.Newspapers reported it.Then I ask why was it swept under the carpet? .If The newspapers lied then they wouldve been sued for defamation etc.
                So sharks did a 700 grand deed so by the letter of the NRL law the year they won the comp they shouldve been deducted up to points.
                I agrre with Cam Strip em or give Melbouren their comps.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

He is a gun. Plays the game sets ahead of everybody else. Deserves every penny. Any player that plays that long for one club, deserves much more dispensation than what they currently get.

Who deserves a million a year..?
                  Tony Milford , Ben Hunt or Cam Smith?

As for the premierships being reinstated, he has a point.

They were stripped because they a club owned by News Ltd who were playing in a professional competition half owned by News Ltd, that they cheated to win the money from themselves. Very clever accounting but ultimately silly.

News forced Gallop to act swiftly to defer any further investigation from much higher authorities than the NRL.
                  Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                    He is a gun. Plays the game sets ahead of everybody else. Deserves every penny. Any player that plays that long for one club, deserves much more dispensation than what they currently get.

Who deserves a million a year..?
                    Tony Milford , Ben Hunt or Cam Smith?

As for the premierships being reinstated, he has a point.

They were stripped because they a club owned by News Ltd who were playing in a professional competition half owned by News Ltd, that they cheated to win the money from themselves. Very clever accounting but ultimately silly.

News forced Gallop to act swiftly to defer any further investigation from much higher authorities than the NRL.
                    Good statement except the league acted swiftly.They all knew years before it came out and so did I.All involved were trying to cover it up
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Good statement except the league acted swiftly.They all knew years before it came out and so did I.All involved were trying to cover it up
                      Depends on who, you or I, refer to as they ?

Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

What about the loads of $$$$ Smith & Thurston made (ex salary cap) at the start of last for their "Testimonial Game". One retired the other $#%^ pulled the wool over the games administrators by playing on

Comment

i can only hope for a brokem smith leg in round 1

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                            one floor with that method is what happens to the guy who isnt a rep or soo player, but debuts that year in both. but the following year he then joins the rep and soo player group can be ousted because that team now has more rep and soo than another club. we will be farked.
                            Yeah I think an open and competitive market works best. For example, Newcastle were willing to bet circa $1 million a year on Ponga before he's even played NRL. IMO there's no fairer way of calculating such a player's fair market value.

Last season we had very few rep players. This year most of our players (including Crichton who we signed before his rep career had started) have played some form of rep footy. IMO what our players get offered in the open market during their next round of salary negotiations is the best indication of their true value.

Other thing is... a token system would give you a pretty much unlimited salary cap to buy up guns who don't happen to play Origin (e.g. 2018 Teddy and Cronk wouldn't have given us any salary cap pressure). Some guys are better than a bunch of rep players (and you'd pay more for them) but for various reasons they haven't been selected for rep teams.

Comment

big chook, ill agree smith can at times be an excellent player but its his constant cheating jusr like his mate slater that gets up ,my nose

Comment

IMO Cronk has proven he was the brains behind everything... quite emphatically. He outsmarted Smith, Slater and their young prodigy Munster without even touching the ball. Not only that, Smith and Munster were reduced to temper tantrums.

I'm quietly confident Smith will regret playing on.

Comment

Working...
                                X