No announcement yet.

New Hooker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend is 29. He's signed until the end of 2020, I believe. You'd figure he'd have at least a couple of good years in him after that and you'd also figure there's no way he'll play with another club in the NRL. Unless he wants to give the UK a go, he'll be here for a while yet.
    I thought he was our best in the WCC game.

Comment

There would be a plan to replace Friend at some point in the near future. It's Easts, they think of the future.

That's why everyone hates us. We are run by people that know what they are doing. Unlike most other pub footy NRL clubs.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

very true Vasco we are the ultimate professional club in the nrl, thats why were hated. jealousy! melbourne can at times come close but no ther nrl sides come within cooee!

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
          Friend is 29. He's signed until the end of 2020, I believe. You'd figure he'd have at least a couple of good years in him after that and you'd also figure there's no way he'll play with another club in the NRL. Unless he wants to give the UK a go, he'll be here for a while yet.
          I thought he was our best in the WCC game.
          Super League clubs have small salary caps these days so unless you are a has been Aussie, you wouldnít go to Super League.

Comment

The way of the future?

George Williams to replace Cronk?
            Blayke Brailey to replace Friend?

Lam and Friendy off to Wigan?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Super League clubs have small salary caps these days so unless you are a has been Aussie, you wouldnít go to Super League.
              I am not sure about that. Merrin went over to Leeds on Huge dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                There would be a plan to replace Friend at some point in the near future. It's Easts, they think of the future.

That's why everyone hates us. We are run by people that know what they are doing. Unlike most other pub footy NRL clubs.
                Very true mate,we are lucky to be supporting a Club thatís always striving to be the best..Happy days

Comment

The day Friend goes, our defence willl suffer too. For all of Jakes deficiencies in attack, his defence is exceptional.

Itís reminds me of when Ricko and Freddy retired, our edge defence was very fragile because we lost our two leaders who were excellent defenders.

The qusstion with us when replacing our spine is:
                  Do we recruit a top-line replacement like we did with Cronk, Keary & Tedesco?
                  or
                  Do we develop and promote a lower grade player?

Itís normally the former, as it keeps us closer to the top for longer, than having to rebuild and drop down for a few years.
                  Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Jake Friend will be the Queensland SOO hooker this year, he will then become the Australian hooker. Friends going nowhere.
                    "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
                    So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                    ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                    I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

I am not sure about that. Merrin went over to Leeds on Huge dollars.
                      Super League clubs agree to increase salary cap over next three years. Super League clubs have backed a new structure to raise the salary cap from £1.825m to £2.1m by 2020. The 12 teams will be able to spend £1.9m next year, £2m in 2019 and then £2.1m in 2020.Apr 5, 2017.

So the cap in Super League is around a third of the NRL cap.

Comment

Working...
                      X